THE BROWNS BOARD

i agree with graham on this....

Clevfan4life

I remember when we had the LA riots in the 90's. The police were powerless to stop looters and business after business got ransacked and looted except for the store owners with weapons who stood guard outside their stores...they were spared as the mob went after the easier targets. The message was clear in watching the riots...you better be armed if you are caught up in something like that especially as a business owner.

I have an over/under 12 gauge Beretta. Lay that across your lap sitting on the front porch under Graham's conditions and nobody will bother you (especially if you also have a Ruger .357 Blackhawk strapped on your belt).😂

I'd also have my lever action .22 laying on the short table in front. If you are a decent shot that's all you need with CCI HP Stingers in it.😁

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I have an over/under 12 gauge Beretta. Lay that across your lap sitting on the front porch under Graham's conditions and nobody will bother you (especially if you also have a Ruger .357 Blackhawk strapped on your belt).😂

I'd also have my lever action .22 laying on the short table in front. If you are a decent shot that's all you need with CCI HP Stingers in it.😁

...or one could just have an AR-15 if one so chooses...until the left takes away that choice.

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

...or one could just have an AR-15 if one so chooses...until the left takes away that choice.

Well they were banned once before. They should be banned with a buyback program instituted like Australia and N.Z. I personally think they should be as illegal to own as machine guns, mines, grenades, etc. And I'm one who likes having my own guns, just not those.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well they were banned once before. They should be banned with a buyback program instituted like Australia and N.Z. I personally think they should be as illegal to own as machine guns, mines, grenades, etc. And I'm one who likes having my own guns, just not those.

When they banned certain types of semi automatics in the 90's they put a 10 year sunset clause in the bill to see what the effects were after a 10 year ban. Under the Bush administration they didn't see where the ban had accomplished much if anything and they allowed the sunset bill to expire and did away with the ban. In Australia they did away with all semi automatics and the confiscation of certain types of semi automatics in our country will lead to an eventual banning of all semi automatics like they did in Australia. I see a huge difference in semi automatics and automatic machine guns, mines and grenades. We have had the right to own semi automatics for over a century and it will be a big loss when we lose that right to own them. The goal for me in gun control is always how to keep guns out of the hands of those who shouldn't have them without taking away gun rights from law abiding citizens. 

I remember a chat I had once with my 4 year old nephew. He said his parents had all kinds of guns but no "gornades".  He said them "gornades" were dangerous LOL

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I remember a chat I had once with my 4 year old nephew. He said his parents had all kinds of guns but no "gornades".  He said them "gornades" were dangerous LOL

He'll find later in life so are them "gornads"🤣

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Why?  It's just a 223 with a larger clip?  Some are 22LR's and some 5.56.  They are all semi auto.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

So keep the guns you like but ban ones you don't, that's my issue with this who should decide? 

Should someone who has never owned or fire a gun decide? 

Should someone who had a family member killed by one decide?

They say ban military style assault weapons does the include knives or side arms? 😦

Just where would it end a complete gun ban?  Half of them can't decide if they are male or female on any given day.🤡

• Thanks 1

a gun ban does nothing to stop bad people from getting ar15's.

that is just a fact.

ban guns, and millions and millions and millions of innocent American people will be at the mercy

of gangs, drug cartels, rogue corrupt police, and criminals.

and antifa/leftwing brownshirts. and animals.

If you have never heard the roar of a mountain lion at night like I have, way too close, you would never thing to ban

guns, especially an AR15.

Real Americans live in reality. leftwing haters live in an emotional fantasy land.

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

wait till theres tge slightest civil perturbation....you'll have far right people trying to set up their little minny countries set around old testament law......where little girls can be bought, sold...forced to carry children etc,etc. You"ll want some firepower for that...

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

wait till theres tge slightest civil perturbation....you'll have far right people trying to set up their little minny countries set around old testament law......where little girls can be bought, sold...forced to carry children etc,etc. You"ll want some firepower for that...

Wait until we see what happens after a hurricane or natural disaster (particularly in a liberal big city) or if there are riots and what happens with those who have guns versus their civilian counterparts who don't have guns..Oh wait we've already seen what happens...

"People ask, why in a modern civilized society do private citizens need to own firearms? Well, here's a great example. The police were no where to be found, mobs with bricks, bottles, and pipes were looting and burning stores, especially Korean owned stores. Some people were beaten then had their businesses destroyed. Others fled the area and found their stores destroyed when they returned days later. Few stood their ground and were willing to defend the businesses that their families built. Most people think that guns lead to violence and chaos, well all the chaos was down the street. I think Hal Fishman and Larry McCormick said it best. Larry, "It seems like every man on that roof was armed." Hal, "and thus far there does not seem to be any looting or burning at least right where they are." The store survived the riots and the building still stands 20 years later at Western and 5th."

One of the things crossing my mind is why there were not more people at the Walmart in El Paso with LTC handguns trying to protect themselves and others. I've had mine over a year now and never go into Austin without it and have it on me most of the time other than when I go to play racquetball, in which case I keep it in the car. 

That said I did read that the LTC classes that used to have about 7 people per class in El Paso are now running around 50, most of whom are Hispanic Americans. Better late than never.

Of course 50 is way too many for a truly effective class for people new to shooting handguns. You might get a license, but you need individual instruction. Maybe I should get myself qualified to teach and start charging to take people out to a range 3 or 4 at a time. One afternoon would do it followed by their own practice sessions with what they have learned. You can never be too familiar with what you carry. Normally LTC classes assume you already know how to shoot what you have, so the testing does not include anything but demonstrating your accuracy at various ranges. Anyone showing up without prior experience will fail it. It's not the movies where every shot is perfect (watch the shootout in "Shane" some time. Alan Ladd sucked 😂).

10 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Maybe I should get myself qualified to teach and start charging to take people out to a range 3 or 4 at a time.

I have thought of that. Probably have to become a shooting range out back.... or not.

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I have thought of that. Probably have to become a shooting range out back.... or not.

Ah then you get into legal liability stuff if you have your own range. I have a friend who has a range and he has a legal liability form people have to sign relieving him of responsibility for just about everything. I'm sure he consulted an attorney about it before using it for people prior to use of his range. I'm lucky he lets me come out there for free as long as I clear the time with him in advance.

eh, got it. I'll just keep teaching friends for free once in a while. We do have big insurance anyways on our farm, but I don't know if that applies to an unofficial gun practice range.

"sigh"