THE BROWNS BOARD

Front 7 didnt really show much yesterday...

Clevfan4life

7 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Go to Colts gameday thread..Look at Chad Kelley video at 2:13 with 4.5 minutes left in game..I'd say Wyatt Ray made up for his dumb mistake

yeah i never heard of him till sat's game, didnt seem too bad but he's likely not making the cut unless thomas's injury isxworse than they think.

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I can't stress enough how much I hate the idea of a 18 game regular season.

I don't care if the rosters have a small village per team... I want the best players to have the best chance of being around at the end of the season, and prolonging the regular season won't do it. Quality over quantity. 

And I can't tell you what a waste 4 preseason games are while making the total 20 altogether. Better to have more players to start in an 18 game season rather than risk so many injuries in "fake" games that do nothing for anyone. If you can't figure out who your best players are by watching training camp leading up to the real season, then you don't belong in profession football. Nobody really learns anything in 2nd to 4th stinger games and smart teams keep their best star players that we all want to see off the field for those. Preseason game #3 is the only one worth watching and I get the impression the Browns will not use it as the dress rehearsal that most do.

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

unless thomas's injury isxworse than they think.

good point..Chad has not practiced since..Putting Chad on some sort of IR may save someone a roster spot..but, We really need to see Chad Thomas play.Chad should be the best depth we have at his position🤞

11 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I think they should go to 18 games with no preseason games. Be allowed to take 61 players into the season dropping 8 over a 4 game span (2 drops after each game).

I like 18 games, but feel you still need 2 exhibition games.  Not so much for the top vets, but for the bottom vets and rookies.  Those games are important to them.

18 games.    All but 8 teams go on bye week after 6.  The 8 who don't play the 4 national games, 3 on Sunday and 1 on Monday. No Thursday game that week. The teams that play bye  the following week.    The do it again after week 12 and 13.

16 hours ago, gumby73 said:

good point..Chad has not practiced since..Putting Chad on some sort of IR may save someone a roster spot..but, We really need to see Chad Thomas play.Chad should be the best depth we have at his position🤞

just based on what i saw from game one where he did get some time against the 1's....he' only behind chris smith. Both of them showed me some fluidity and dynamic pass rushing. Him moreso than smith cause smith wasnt in tgere very long...came out with Myles i think, or not much longer afterwsrds. 

Thomas actually showed a reggie white like upfield shed which is my fav pass rushing move. 

12 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

just based on what i saw from game one where he did get some time against the 1's....he' only behind chris smith. Both of them showed me some fluidity and dynamic pass rushing. Him moreso than smith cause smith wasnt in tgere very long...came out with Myles i think, or not much longer afterwsrds. 

Thomas actually showed a reggie white like upfield shed which is my fav pass rushing move. 

The best ability is availability.  Gotta stay healthy to help.