THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue Jackson Interview: SI

nickers

i was just over reading this chit-sandwich..knowing it would be posted on my return about 3 times.. Hue.."move the fuc* out of your office" Bye!!  

3 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

What a fluff peice, get this garbage outta the board. I couldn’t even finish it. He’s a lucky millionaire getting paid to do nothing cuz he went in over his head for Christ’s sake. Screw him

We'll all remember that when you get fired from your job and keep kicking you down to size.. You can only beat a man down so much.. He has the right to get his life together...

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, nickers said:

We'll all remember that when you get fired from your job and keep kicking you down to size.. You can only beat a man down so much.. He has the right to get his life together...

Very well stated. I would guess that each of us has had failures in our lives. Hue admitted his & that's enough for me.

Mike

• Upvote 2

It's pretty obvious that it's hard to forgive a coach who brought 1 win over a 2 year time span for a fan base that was already sick of failure. Hue should just stay silent about the whole thing and go on with life as a relatively rich man compared to the vast majority of the fan base. Take up a hobby other than football. Or start taking noticeable pleasure in the players who came in while he was HC and are starting to turn this around.

• Like 1

I got through the first couple dozen paragraphs and the last few paragraphs and feel confident that l got the gist of what was in between. There was definitely an element of over the top with the article as others have pointed out. A quote from it...

This all comes from the same place, from the soul of a coach who’s watching for the first time in an eternity as a season starts without him.”

You can’t just throw out “the soul of” whatever without a few eyes rolling at the melodrama. And sure, everyone gets it. Coaches are humans with feelings. Even at the end of the article it was still portraying this sad tragic figure, which is at best counterproductive to getting a coaching job. Who wants to hire a guy hell bent on feeling sorry for himself?

11 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I got through the first couple dozen paragraphs and the last few paragraphs and feel confident that l got the gist of what was in between. There was definitely an element of over the top with the article as others have pointed out. A quote from it...

This all comes from the same place, from the soul of a coach who’s watching for the first time in an eternity as a season starts without him.”

You can’t just throw out “the soul of” whatever without a few eyes rolling at the melodrama. And sure, everyone gets it. Coaches are humans with feelings. Even at the end of the article it was still portraying this sad tragic figure, which is at best counterproductive to getting a coaching job. Who wants to hire a guy hell bent on feeling sorry for himself?

How much money is he getting paid to sit at home?  I assume he is still being paid on a contract by Jimmy.

i-sexually-identify-as-an-attack-helicop

“I slept in each of my 3 guest bedrooms for days as I got paid while sleeping, endless miserable hours sitting by my pool and using my water slide...countless trips to the beach that just didn’t seem like before, the filet mignon at the gourmet steakhouse just didn’t taste the same...I wouldn’t wish any of this on my worst enemy”

• Upvote 1

He wants you to feel "sorry" for him now, but you and I both know if/when he got another job, he'd repeat his 0% humility and telling everyone else they're wrong and Feeling Things In His Pants for obviously terrible quarterbacks.

He has no skills at "his job," he has zero self-awareness, and he takes personal pleasure in putting others down when he is gifted a position with authority. 

You know, like an asshole.

I don't feel anything at all for him.

14 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

He wants you to feel "sorry" for him now, but you and I both know if/when he got another job, he'd repeat his 0% humility and telling everyone else they're wrong and Feeling Things In His Pants for obviously terrible quarterbacks.

He has no skills at "his job," he has zero self-awareness, and he takes personal pleasure in putting others down when he is gifted a position with authority. 

Your screen name says it all..... 🖕

Funny thing is I was just going to credit nickers with a surprisingly empathetic take on Hue, but Unsympathetic made some seriously good points about Hue (and narcissists in general). Strangely I feel both guys are right, if that's possible. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Nailed it!