THE BROWNS BOARD

California lawmaker under fire for Facebook post celebrating his “heterosexuality”

OldBrownsFan

STUPID: California lawmaker under fire for Facebook post celebrating his “heterosexuality”

Only in California would it be considered insensitive for a Republican lawmaker to say he’s proud to be a heterosexual.

Here’s more from News12:

An Orange County legislator is under fire for posting a controversial message on Facebook.

Republican Legislator Joseph Minuta posted on Facebook, “Regardless of your orientation… I’m proud to be heterosexual. Funny how in my entire life, I never felt like it was important to voice such things before our current social celebrations started.”

Constituent Daniel Sloane of New Windsor says it is offensive.

“When someone from public office takes this stance, regardless if that’s your personal view or not, you represent your constituents,” says Sloane. “Your constituents are largely LGBTQ more and more.”

Democratic Legislator Kevindaryán Luján reacted as well, saying, “I believe that my colleague’s comments are highly insensitive, particularly in these challenging times. It belittles the struggles of millions of people every day.”

Sloane says he hopes Minuta apologizes.

The post has since been taken down.

Minuta would not comment on camera but he told News 12 over the phone that everyone has a voice and that everyone has an equal right to speech. He says he has always been a supporter of anyone who is the underdog.

It’s ridiculous. The LGBTW crowd literally holds gay pride parades celebrating their homosexuality. But when one Republican lawmaker says he’s proud to be heterosexual, it’s insensitive?

He didn’t even criticize anyone, and yet they are so offended? C’mon. This is just stupid and Minuta shouldn’t back down.

https://therightscoop.com/stupid-california-lawmaker-under-fire-for-facebook-post-celebrating-his-heterosexuality/