THE BROWNS BOARD

Texans are Having a Hell of a Day

MLD Woody

23 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Just made their 4th trade of the day.

Moved Clowney earlier to the Seahawks for... not much

Just landed Tunsil and Stills from the Dolphins for some large package of picks

A busy day for not having a GM

I initially thought only giving up a 3rd for Clowney was- say what? But really he's a one year rent-a-player on his franchise tag. and the Texans get our former under performing first round bum Barky Mingo.  

3 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

They just got Carlos Hyde. A little awkward for Duke Johnson Jr. 

Not in Texas..one will be called a steer😤..The other a queer:wub: by week 4...🤫🤭

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Just made their 4th trade of the day.

Moved Clowney earlier to the Seahawks for... not much

Just landed Tunsil and Stills from the Dolphins for some large package of picks

A busy day for not having a GM

I see the Dolphins are doing the Sashi Brown plan.

Worked for us.

Z

Have a lot of folks clamoring for an upgrade to the OL. 

Anyone up for giving up a package like that? 2 1sts and a 2nd for a young OL but one that hasn't made a pro bowl when a bunch of players make it due to guys not playing. 

Stills was part of it, but I am sure the Dolphins were the ones making sure he was part of it.

Trent Williams is better than Tunsil, but older. Allegedly Washington turned down offer of a 1st. 

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

....... Texans get our former under performing first round bum Barky Mingo.  

I honestly thought the dude was out of the league.... but then again I always get him and Kamerion Wimbley mixed up. 

Ah, Texas.. I guess they won't have many more picks they can pay to get rid of their really bad contracts [Osweiler] any time soon.

This is such a ridiculous waste of assets that I bet Watson leaves as FA rather than re-sign.

On the other hand, when Watson threatens to leave, O'Brien will trade him for Josh Rosen.

When you have the chance to trade for a league-average LT and a WR3 [fuller, hopkins ahead of him], you give away those 1&2 round picks like candy!

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Aren't you from Austin?

Nope but like Johnny Cash's Bill, when this Bill goes there I do take my guns to town. 🤠

Funny thing is I am actually licensed to wear my western Ruger .357 mag single action revolver in a holster on my hip in plain view.

What do you think for a badge on the holster? LOL! 🤩

Yeeha!😜

SW-S540?textcolor=black&enamel_type=soft

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Nope but like Johnny Cash's Bill, when this Bill goes there I do take my guns to town. 🤠

Funny thing is I am actually licensed to wear my western Ruger .357 mag single action revolver in a holster on my hip in plain view.

Yeeha!😜

Well...you said you were at least live in an Austin suburb, no?

As for you license to carry...not impressed.    I have a  00 number....a license to kill.  003 in fact.  I could show you my card.

19 hours ago, Zombo said:

I see the Dolphins are doing the Sashi Brown plan.

Worked for us.

Z

See Below....  

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

New Dolphins Logo unveiled

No doubt about that now- they just dumped Kiko Alonzo...  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001045947/article/dolphins-agree-to-trade-lb-kiko-alonso-to-saints

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yeeha!😜

Texas is an open carry state, isn't it?

22 hours ago, hoorta said:

I initially thought only giving up a 3rd for Clowney was- say what? But really he's a one year rent-a-player on his franchise tag. and the Texans get our former under performing first round bum Barky Mingo.  

I really thought Mingo was going to be a pro bowler and give or D a face but I was way wrong, Every player we ever drafted up until Myles seems like a waste looking back, Other than that I can only name a couple that panned out well, Joe Thomas and the Center we took in like 2009 I forget his name ha ha but really, Not a single weapon in how many years?

23 minutes ago, medicineman said:

I really thought Mingo was going to be a pro bowler and give or D a face but I was way wrong, Every player we ever drafted up until Myles seems like a waste looking back, Other than that I can only name a couple that panned out well, Joe Thomas and the Center we took in like 2009 I forget his name ha ha but really, Not a single weapon in how many years?

Alex Mack

34 minutes ago, medicineman said:

Mitchell Schwartz actually was OK. We've lost a few decent guys to other teams because of the continual sucking. I don't doubt that the was the reason Phil Dawson left town. 

9 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Alex Mack

And Joe Haden, that's about it pre Myles....  

In the Babsence of a GM looks like O'Brien is having an undue influence on the Texans' FO... and he's in panic mode.

Their "window" has been open a around 3 years now and O'Brien has done nothing with it. This felt like a "do or die" season for him and the odds were heavier weighted towards die until Luck retired. Not much better now, but at least there's a glimmer...

And if Bill-O goes down then why should he care if the franchise is all the worse for his desperation?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

In the Babsence of a GM looks like O'Brien is having an undue influence on the Texans' FO... and he's in panic mode.

Their "window" has been open a around 3 years now and O'Brien has done nothing with it. This felt like a "do or die" season for him and the odds were heavier weighted towards die until Luck retired. Not much better now, but at least there's a glimmer...

And if Bill-O goes down then why should he care if the franchise is all the worse for his desperation?

I still think Jacksonville wins that division.  (even thought so before Luck went out). Texas challenges...but JAX wins.  

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I still think Jacksonville wins that division.  (even thought so before Luck went out). Texas challenges...but JAX wins.  

They had all but a decent QB and now they have one. I agree they will be far better now.

12 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

We've seen usually the  only  way  giving up  multiple first round picks works is for a sure fire  franchise  QB. Not a  LT. Losing  Clowney is going to  hurt  Watts effectiveness.  

Even with  all their  moves, I don't think  anyone  has the  Texans  as a serious  Super  Bowl  contender. 

34 minutes ago, hoorta said:

is for a sure fire  franchise  QB.  

did you read that Mayock gifted Chuckie with adding QB D. Kizer to Raiders? 9bU3.gif   your thoughts? Did they need another QB pinata on hard knocks?

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

did you read that Mayock gifted Chuckie with adding QB D. Kizer to Raiders?

your thoughts? Did they need another QB pinata on hard knocks?

What is Mayock thinking is my opinion. They need "The Quarterback whisperer" Hue to fix him. Um, no. I saw some clips of Deshone this preseason on NFLN- and he's still inaccurate as hell. They need to build a bigger barn for Kizer so he has a chance of hitting it. 

• Haha 1