THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Tuesday...Expectations

The Gipper

Here are today's Survey Questions.  All about Expectations. Give your answers:

1.  Do you believe that the Browns are a legitimate  Super Bowl contender?

2. Do you believe that Baker Mayfield can be a legitimate MVP contender?

3. Do you believe that Myles Garrett can be a legitimate defensive POY contender?

4. How close of  a race to you expect the AFC North to be?  Will all 4 teams be a part of that race?

5. Do you expect the New England Patriots to make it back to the Super Bowl?

43 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Of course, anyone can look at the talent - there is no major weakness on this team. Weakest - oline - but when

they take the field, defenses will find that Mayfield gets the ball out quicker, and the top three wr's get open quicker, and are far more dangerous in getting separation. And the defense - most of the league knows the defense is going to be superbowl level.

Of course - look at the difference he made last year. He is magic - he sees the field like a Bernie Kosar, first time I've been able to say that about any qb with the Browns.

3. Do you believe that Myles Garrett can be a legitimate defensive POY contender?

Silly question, especially with the talent around him. You double on Myles, you get the other guys taking over. This defense may very well prove to everybody that they are the best defense in the league.

4. How close of  a race to you expect the AFC North to be?  Will all 4 teams be a part of that race?

nope. It's tough to guess, but I believe the bungles and squealers fight it out for the cellar dweller award. The ratbirds come up short, in second place.

Of course not. The squealers and pats will still have the referee's help at times, but it won't get them to the superbowl. THIS is the year I start winning bets I make with close friends' grown up daughter who, a giant patriots fan...who  I've lost to several times. lol

• Thanks 1

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Brown wins a three team race, Bungles lag behind.

No.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

YEP!

YEP!

YEP!

Browns will win out starting with Bills,Pitt.Mia.,Pitt,Cinn.,Zona..than we seal the deal w16-Ravens win at home/w17 at Cinn we rest our starters to a W..👀(insert orange shades here)

5. Do you expect the New England Patriots to make it back to the Super Bowl?     NoPe!!

Wake up feelin Dangerous 🧔.. and see ya at the Cleveland Train Station ☝️...All Aboard!! 🚂

W👀f W👀f !! ..... Dawg 🐶 Bound Nation     

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

My own answers:

I think it might be a bit premature...not that it can't happen (see 1999 Rams, 2001 Pats who went to and won SBs....a year after going 4-12 or 5-11).  I just think now there is a process to getting there...and the Browns are just learning that process (especially with a new HC). Playoffs, yes. SB...not quite there honestly.

I do.  And I look to history for inspiration....second year QBs have frequently done spectacular.  Bernie....and Dan Marino...and Mahomes...and I am sure there are others.  Of course he will have competition (Mahomes)...but he has a shot, imo

I do.  He will be a beast.  And with the help he has...he may have a huge role in getting  Ogi, Olivier, Richardson, Devaroe  loose to eat QBs. 

Surely I expect it to be a two or three team race.   The fact is, the Browns have gained talent....where the Spermsuckers and the Ratfuckers have lost talent.   And while that is true....they can still make it a race, with BR and John Harbaugh. And the Bitchypussies will be sucking hind tit. 

No.   Of course, they will still have NO competition within their division....unless the Jets really do pull a surprise.  But teams in the other divisions are much stiffer competition.  Jags/Texans...maybe,  Browns/Steelers,  Chiefs/Chargers.  They will get beat somewhere. I do not expect them to enjoy home field.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

No.  The organization as whole needs to learn how to win playoff football games.  I can see us laying an egg on that stage. 

Maybe.  I think we are going to get leads more often and grind teams with Chubb probably negating the numbers he would need. 

Yes.  He’s surrounded by a better scheme better personnel and an offense that will likely give him opportunities for numbers in the fourth quarter.  

I think the Ravens still have that gimmick offense going that will make them dangerous but They are one rough tackle on the QB away from being a 4-5 win team.  The Steelers will be competitive and the Bengals will be lucky to win 6 games  

5. Do you expect the New England Patriots to make it back to the Super Bowl?  No.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I'll just ditto Ag without quoting him, my feelings exactly.  

Bills and Jets will provide some competition to the Patsies, Dolphins are tanking. Patriots will go as far as the aged Brady can take them....  

Uhmm, I am not seeing where Ag posted a response here.   

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Whoops, the green confused me....  Sd Backer

We need to encourage more people  post avatars rather than just having these default colors with a letter.   It is really Jackson 5 simple:   Easy as 1, 2, 3, A, B, C, Do, Re, Mi.

For all of you who do not know how:

A. Find an image on the internet you like.   right click on it....copy the "Image address"

B. Go to your Profile, click on photo.   It will come up with a couple of options.  Choose "add image from URL"

C. Copy the image into the space provided.  And hit submit.

#@ Sometimes an image is too large...or there is some issue with the image address, so you cannot add it.  So, you have to find something else.  Sometime you have to "crop" the image to make it fit.    Which you can do.    If in the cropping process it distorts or cuts off too much of the image, you would have to try something else.    It really takes all of 30 seconds to accomplish.

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Yes. 

Yes

Yes

Pretty close. Wouldn’t be surprised if it comes down to a game or “strength of schedule” or some shit. And no, don’t see the Bungholes making much hay.

Nah

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

We need to encourage more people  post avatars rather than just having these default colors with a letter.   It is really Jackson 5 simple:   Easy as 1, 2, 3, A, B, C, Do, Re, Mi.

For all of you who do not know how:

A. Find an image on the internet you like.   right click on it....copy the "Image address"

B. Go to your Profile, click on photo.   It will come up with a couple of options.  Choose "add image from URL"

C. Copy the image into the space provided.  And hit submit.

#@ Sometimes an image is too large...or there is some issue with the image address, so you cannot add it.  So, you have to find something else.  Sometime you have to "crop" the image to make it fit.    Which you can do.    If in the cropping process it distorts or cuts off too much of the image, you would have to try something else.    It really takes all of 30 seconds to accomplish.

Tried that a couple of different ways and nothing transfers.

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Yes. I look at the other contenders in the AFC and honestly, none of them make me think "Man, it would be a miracle if the Browns could beat them in a playoff game." Realistically, I think the Browns are a year away, but it would shock me if they made it to the AFC Championship Game. 

Based on his rookie season, what is surrounding him on the offensive side of the ball, and my thought that the Browns are a playoff-caliber team, yes

Sure can. He keeps getting better and the surrounding talent on the DLine with him has improved. 

4. How close of a race to you expect the AFC North to be?  Will all 4 teams be a part of that race?

I expect a three team race for most if not the entire season with the Browns, Steelers and Bengals. I will be somewhat surprised if Cincinnati avoids a 10 loss season. 

Expect it? I wouldn't say that... But would I be surprised? Absolutely not. 

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Tried that a couple of different ways and nothing transfers.

I don't know what to say....obviously I would have to get on your computer, and 1,2, 3 I could probably do it.  I will be in the San Antonio and Houston areas next summer for just a few days, I could handle it for you then!!:lol:    (before heading out on wedding cruise)

Yes. I look at the other contenders in the AFC and honestly, none of them make me think "Man, it would be a miracle if the Browns could beat them in a playoff game." Realistically, I think the Browns are a year away, but it would shock me if they made it to the AFC Championship Game. 

I think you mean it would NOT shock you if they made it to the AFC Title game, right?

4. How close of a race to you expect the AFC North to be?  Will all 4 teams be a part of that race?

I expect a three team race for most if not the entire season with the Browns, Steelers and Bengals. I will be somewhat surprised if Cincinnati avoids a 10 loss season. 

And I think you meant to say  "Browns, Steelers, and Ravens"...seeing that you think Cinci would lose 10 games.  Right?

13 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I think you mean it would NOT shock you if they made it to the AFC Title game, right?

And I think you meant to say  "Browns, Steelers, and Ravens"...seeing that you think Cinci would lose 10 games.  Right?

Yes on both. My brain farted, apparently. 

16 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Anything is possible but I'm leaning towards playoff  shot possible AFCN Champs at best.

I believe Baker could win if he can keep the dawgs on track, some point there will be the defining moment if they work through it they will rock the NFL.

He can be but I have a feeling this team is more of a team first rather than personal achievements.

It should be tight the first half but I feel the Browns will be clicking mid season and with Hunt and Chubb  take over til the playoffs.

Not this season I think they will lose in the AFC championship game.

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I don't know what to say....obviously I would have to get on your computer, and 1,2, 3 I could probably do it.  I will be in the San Antonio and Houston areas next summer for just a few days, I could handle it for you then!!:lol:    (before heading out on wedding cruise)

I'll get my computer expert son in law to look at your instructions this weekend and see if he can do it. He actually works as a computer programmer so this should be simple as pie for him.

On 9/3/2019 at 9:26 AM, The Gipper said:

Yes, it may finally happen. Browns need to survive the first 6 games at 4-2.

Yes

Yes

Yes, it will be a close race. I think Cincy only wins 4, 5 or 6, but the Browns, Squealers, & Ratbirds will fight it out

No, but it wouldn't be surprising. If they land home field advantage, then they're Super Bowl bound again.