THE BROWNS BOARD

Varney slams progressives' plans to 'print money' to pay for government programs

Vambo

Varney slams progressives' plans to 'print money' to pay for government programs

"What do you mean we can't afford Medicare for all or the Green New Deal? Why don't we just print the trillion dollars we need? Welcome to the progressives new way of paying for everything," said Varney on Fox Nation's "My Take."

"Just fire up the printing press, it's the new economics. After all, only the government can create money, so just create what you need....why not," he said.

Democratic presidential frontrunner Elizabeth Warren has long supported the idea of "rethinking financial accounting" in the United States, and Varney believes this would mean printing new money to support her proposed programs. Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez echoed a similar sentiment, saying earlier this year that the government need not worry about how to pay for her Green New Deal because the United States "printed billions to bail out the banks in the financial crisis," and could do it again.

This Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backed theory can become a 'major problem'

On 9/3/2019 at 6:07 PM, OldBrownsFan said:

It doesn't take a genius to figure out the more you print money with nothing behind it the less the currency is worth. 

Except of course for the Confederate Money my thievin' Yankee relatives gave me that are framed now and in my library. They are worth far more than the face value printed on them and God knows the Confederacy printed a lot of it. I can get more in gold for them now than I can the current US $. The south has risen again! LOL!🤩

11 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Except of course for the Confederate Money my thievin' Yankee relatives gave me that are framed now and in my library. They are worth far more than the face value printed on them and God knows the Confederacy printed a lot of it. I can get more in gold for them now than I can the current US $. The south has risen again! LOL!🤩

Just goes to show you if you hang on to something long enough it will likely become valuablesomedayy:

What Makes This 1972 AMC Gremlin Worth $60K?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a15353873/what-makes-this-1972-amc-gremlin-worth-60k/