THE BROWNS BOARD

2019 NFL TV Distribution Maps - Opening Week 1

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns fans!   Browns home opener with the Tennessee Titans will be the marquee single header game with Jim Nantz, Tony Romo, and Tracy Wolfson announcing for The NFL ON CBS, and seen locally on WOIO CBS Channel 19, live on HD.

WJW Fox Channel 8 is also televising the NFC East games, and primary early and late doubleheader games, in Cleveland Sunday afternoon  on The NFL  On FOX:  Redskins at Eagles, and N.Y. Giants @ Dallas.

https://506sports.com/

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately we have the KC - Jags game, but I'm looking to see if I can get a deal on Sunday Ticket.

EDIT: Bastages will not give me any kind of deal other than the normal $295 for 6 months even though my Direct TV contract is up. Even told them I was going to look at DISH since new customers get Direct TV for half what it cost old ones like me who have been loyal for years. AT&T owns them now and they just see "gold mine" apparently. 

Guess I will just watch the replays on NFL Network on Browns games not carried in my area.

Your Referee crew for Sunday? The Brad Allen crew..Were 1-4 with Brad. And his first year as Head Referee was our only win with Atlanta in 2014..Brad Allen's crew, was the crew that missed the False Start call in Cleveland with the LA Chargers last season..The judge that missed the call, is no longer on the crew. Replaced by a 1st year replacement..The total calls for the game did go LAC-10 Browns-6.. It's week 1 for them also, so we hope for the best..  JPxz.gif    

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Unfortunately we have the KC - Jags game, but I'm looking to see if I can get a deal on Sunday Ticket.

EDIT: Bastages will not give me any kind of deal other than the normal $295 for 6 months even though my Direct TV contract is up. Even told them I was going to look at DISH since new customers get Direct TV for half what it cost old ones like me who have been loyal for years. AT&T owns them now and they just see "gold mine" apparently. 

Guess I will just watch the replays on NFL Network on Browns games not carried in my area.

Yeah- you notice that tiny little orange area around Cincinnati on the broadcast map?  Why I have to pay the extortion for Sunday Ticket. Regarding AT&T- you got that right, they're well on their way to ruining Direct, just like they have with every other company they've bought out. If it wasn't for Sunday Ticket I'd drop them.  I was hardly thrilled when they made the SuperFan shortcuts an app (and it's almost impossible to load an app on my 10 year old monitor) so I'm forced to watch the replays on either my phone or tablet instead of my 55" widescreen. They got numerous complaints about it, and they really don't give a crap anymore what you think. My pal who I have my season tickets with (lives in Cleveland area) dropped them, even though his brother in law is a retired higher up who worked for AT&T- and that's pretty telling in my book. FWIW, I was talking a few weeks ago to a service guy  for Spectrum (formerly Time Warner) doing an install across the street- and the subject came up. Of course AT&T and the NFL are keeping it hush hush- but they're getting sued by several other carriers regarding the exclusivity Direct has on Sunday Ticket- like restraint of trade, monopoly, and all that good stuff. I truly hope they win. 

Yeah, NFL.com has sort of the same deal, but it's not all that much cheaper. 

5 hours ago, FALCON7 said:

But not in the Dayton, Ohio area, F'n NFL bullshit

But you should know by now- unfortunately Dayton is considered a Cincinnati market (though it really isn't). And even more unfortunately, this coming Sunday is a CBS "single game" weekend". Meaning if you don't have Sunday Ticket, or some other streaming option, you're stuck watching the Bengals get smeared by the Seahawks at 4PM. Columbus is just outside the Bengal Death Zone, so they have the option of showing whichever game they chose.  

But if you want to head out- I know for sure Tutty's on Colonel Glenn and Elsa's on Far hills will have the game via satellite.  I'll be at the game. 

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

But you should know by now- unfortunately Dayton is considered a Cincinnati market (though it really isn't). And even more unfortunately, this coming Sunday is a CBS "single game" weekend". Meaning if you don't have Sunday Ticket, or some other streaming option, you're stuck watching the Bengals get smeared by the Seahawks at 4PM. Columbus is just outside the Bengal Death Zone, so they have the option of showing whichever game they chose.  

But if you want to head out- I know for sure Tutty's on Colonel Glenn and Elsa's on Far hills will have the game via satellite.  I'll be at the game. 

Is that true....is Dayton really not a primarily Bengal fan area?   And does Dayton have its own separate network TV stations from the Cincy market?   (Akron does not). 

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'm sure I've asked this before, but I don't remember, but how did a guy from Dayton become a diehard Browns fan, hoorta? Are you from NE Ohio originally? 

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm sure I've asked this before, but I don't remember, but how did a guy from Dayton become a diehard Browns fan, hoorta? Are you from NE Ohio originally? 

In my case, I was 11 when the Browns won the NFL Championship in 64.

And for the Gipper, Dayton has their own TV stations.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Is that true....is Dayton really not a primarily Bengal fan area?   And does Dayton have its own separate network TV stations from the Cincy market?   (Akron does not). 

It's strange here Gipper. The amount of support the Bengals have is directly proportional to how well they're playing. There's a bunch of old timers who are hard core Browns fans because that's all there was here before the Bengals launched. And even in Cinci- it's Reds first, Bengals second- unless they somehow start playing great again and make the Super Bowl. And I'm of the opinion they won't- at least while Mike Brown is still alive. His reputation of being the biggest skinflint in the NFL is well deserved. However, I've heard from a very dedicated Bengals fan (he owns my favorite wine shop) him and his Dad have had primo Bengals season tickets from day one- when his daughter Katie Blackburn takes over- it's going to be a different story. 

As to our TV- sure enough, Dayton has all it's very own stations- NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox, CW, and even multichannel PBS....  

It's a damn shame Dayton isn't 30 miles farther north, because if it was, we'd be outside (for NFL purposes) the Cinci market area. Theoretically, with a big ass antenna, I could pull in Cincinnati television, the reason we're considered a "Bengals Market area". FWIW, Directv doesn't offer me any Cincinnati stations. You really can't blame Mike Brown for trying to reach as many potential fans as he can.....  

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Originally from NE Ohio? Yup. Grew up on the SE side of Cleveland, graduated from Benedictine HS.  Went to Cleveland State for a year- took a three year hiatus from school- I was totally burned out on education-  worked in industrial quality control chemistry then. I wound up at the University of Dayton with some of my old high school pals and tennis partners. LOL, I got tired of driving down here at least once a month, and decided to stick around to get my degree. The reason why I'm still here is I got offered a job right out of college, and it was a pretty ideal situation, so even though I  initially intended to move back to Cleveland- I never did. The reason why I have season tickets is my best friend that I went to HS and UD with did move back to Cleveland, and did really well. So, when the Browns were coming back in '99 selling PSLs- I knew it was now or never to get decent seats, so I bought in on his seniority. All my relatives still live in the Cleveland area, so it's no problem to sell off or give away 1\2 the games-  it would be over 4,000 miles of driving every fall to attend all of them. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

.So, when the Browns were coming back in '99 selling PSLs- I knew it was now or never to get decent seats, so I bought in on his seniority. All my relatives still live in the Cleveland area, so it's no problem to sell off or give away 1\2 the games-  it would be over 4,000 miles of driving every fall to attend all of them. 

Sounds like my nephew who took me to the Denver - KC game last year. He got in 30 years ago with 6 season tickets. Every game is a sellout so he makes more than enough profit on 4 of them in one section and keeps the two in the better section for himself & a friend. He makes money even after you account for parking, meals/snacks at the game, etc.

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Sounds like my nephew who took me to the Denver - KC game last year. He got in 30 years ago with 6 season tickets. Every game is a sellout so he makes more than enough profit on 4 of them in one section and keeps the two in the better section for himself & a friend. He makes money even after you account for parking, meals/snacks at the game, etc.

Yea, but that is Denver......and if you don't wear Brown and Orange, you don't matter.    (and honestly...I always thought orange and blue always kinda sucked as a color combo.....Broncos, Florida Gators etc.  Even Bengals orange/black is better.  Does anyone else in the NFL have orange as a color?  Don't the Bears have a little orange going for them?  Their main color appears black...but some say it is very dark navy.  What is it?  Is that a pastel orange the Dolphins use?    Of course, the Bucs used to be orange (lighter)...no more. 

3 hours ago, dusty said:

Get the Browns here in Southern West Virginia!!!

Ready for Sunday!

You aren't that far from me, I wonder why you get them and I get Baltimore 

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

You're too damn close to Baltimore apparently.  :(  

Yea, but being in Virginia it just seems so weird someone else in VA would get CLE while I get the Edgar Allen Poes. 

He is probably closer to other teams than me. 

O well 

27 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Yea, but being in Virginia it just seems so weird someone else in VA would get CLE while I get the Edgar Allen Poes. 

He is probably closer to other teams than me. 

O well 

Well see that's what happens when you read Virginia and not West Virginia.😁

12 hours ago, dusty said:

Get the Browns here in Southern West Virginia!!!

12 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well see that's what happens when you read Virginia and not West Virginia.😁

Haha. I read that as Southwest Virginia. Wow. I certainly screwed that up haha. It was late is all I can say haha

Anyone use AT&T Now [was DirectTV Now] streaming service?

I think they use your billing zip code for your local stations. (I'm in the Dayton area)

Anyone try using a family member's CC that lives in Cleveland or some other city that's in the Browns TV footprint? If so did it work?

On 9/5/2019 at 6:05 PM, The Gipper said:

It’s a swing state gip. 10 years ago every billboard off I-75 thru downtown was “who dey” something or another. Recently, not so much. Dayton is the perfect microcosm of the modern bungles fan.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:56 AM, Gunz41 said:

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:40 AM, Gunz41 said:

Haha. I read that as Southwest Virginia. Wow. I certainly screwed that up haha. It was late is all I can say haha

I can get CBS and Fox out of both Beckley WV and Roanoke VA. I watched the Beckley WV station but I think the maps last week showed Roanoke VA carried the Browns as well.

6 minutes ago, dusty said:

I can get CBS and Fox out of both Beckley WV and Roanoke VA. I watched the Beckley WV station but I think the maps last week showed Roanoke VA carried the Browns as well.

I've got both the channels, but it had the Ravens game on. About an hr or so north of Roanoke 

58 minutes ago, dusty said:

59 is what I watched I on. 

Mine is Xfinity. 59 for me is FS1.

O well. Sounds like something I didn't want to see haha