THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 1

Icecube

23 hours ago, hoorta said:

You forgot one historical note. The Browns own the longest consecutive losing streak in opening games. Let's hope that ends Sunday. and FWIW, I'll rank Chubb and Henry as even...  

That's the "old Browns," bra. Things can change: The Red Sox and Cubs won championships. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Comeonman said:

Agree with most other than RB. If you would trade Chubb for Henry, you’re outta your damn mind. 

I think they are both good. I'm not sure one is better, just different. Henry's size and speed ratio are pretty rare: 250 lb backs aren't supposed to run sub 4.4 forties. If he shakes loose into the secondary, look out. 

30 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I've been waiting for a post like this and I'm super stoked to be discussing game 1. I'm so incredibly excited, I can't think of another time I felt this good about our team since coming back. 

The team we're playing in the Titans wins more than they lose, and that's the important thing to remember. The Titans have a way of making the game an absolute mess, with many scores being something like 16-12 or whatever, lol. I have EVERY reason to believe this game will follow suit. Why? I'm glad you didn't ask! 🤣

So, as other posters have mentioned, we've essentially won ONE season opener since 'Nam. OK, ok, that's an exaggeration, but not by much. We're battling freaking history here, and for those of you who don't think that matters, I disagree. Weird shit happens week 1, and many who seriously bet on the NFL won't bet week 1 or will seriously reduce the amount they wage because it's so difficult to get right. 

Why else? How about FG kicker! The Seibert kid ended the preseason on a good note, but lemme tell you, the actual season is a different animal, and how many times did we lose because of kicking just last year? Now we have a rookie kicker AND a punter?! Yeesh. That scares me to death. I can JUST SEE the game coming down to a kick. 

Now, to be totally fair, I can make a lengthy post about why our Browns will WIN, but something about week 1 just terrifies me. Perhaps it's our history, or the immense covererage and hype we've received, but I just have a crazy feeling about this opener. I'm obviously still going to predict our Brownies to win cuz we have more talent overall, especially at QB and the DL, but I do believe it's going to be a damn war. The weather is supposed to be solid, and I love it. We're going to see some big time passing plays, but don't be totally surprised if we try very hard to pound the rock with Chubb. We're going to be in "12 formation" quite frequently (2 TE + 2 WR) and we're going to see what Chubb can deliver! 

Browns 27

Titans 20

Baker 24-37 for 276 yards and 1 TD and 1 pick. 

Chubb 21 carries for 139 yards and 2 TDs. 

Good points, Jiggins. I wouldn't worry about the history of open day results, that's just history. Those teams were all pretty bad, none had this talent. You have to go back to the Marty-Bernie era for a Browns team with this much juice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

I actually have some Browns' fan friends who do think week 1 is a cakewalk and in the bag. I think the only way TN is in it, with a shot to win, is if they win the turnover battle. If they get ahead, they can give a steady dose of that rushing attack. 

Jurrel Casey lining up over Kush frightens me. This matchup could be a multiple drive killer whether penalty or tackle for loss and quite honestly I don’t see this game as up and down the field with the browns getting multiple opportunities.  Tenn. is going with a steady dose of Henry run and delanie walker play-action short game.  They will go quick pass on the outside and make Ward and Greedy tackle too.   They don’t have as many options to win this game which is why you have still favor the browns.

the Browns will be better suited going hurry up on offense and getting the subs and oxygen tanks ready for our front 7 on defense.  The more possessions for us the better chance we have. 

9 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Cowherds been running his giblets for weeks now "am betting big on Titans plus 5.5 week 1" That's good enough for Baker & OBJ & me...Browns -31 Tits-13 (this ain't the same old opening browns) Titans won't hear a thing on offense, at a jacked up first energy.🦌Marcus will be seeing too many headlights. Cowherd will act like nothing happened and start putting his focus stories back on LA.. Freddie needs to pound these guys all week about penalties..and "Don't be the guy to take the bait on stupid penalties".. The Titans will test your boiling over toughness.. Freddie & Wilks will have this team ready to spook some old opening game ghost..👻

Colin repeated his whole  "TN +5.5 is a great bet" talk today. Said he doesn't like OL, especially the OTs. I'm not so sure the TN +5.5 is as much of an iron clad winner as he does. I could see a Browns 7 point win going down. Maybe he will end up having to cover this game in his "What Colin got wrong" segment. 

On a side note, do you think Joy Taylor is hot? 

Image result for joy taylor

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Colin repeated his whole  "TN +5.5 is a great bet" talk today. Said he doesn't like OL, especially the OTs. I'm not so sure the TN +5.5 is as much of an iron clad winner as he does. I could see a Browns 7 point win going down. Maybe he will end up having to cover this game in his "What Colin got wrong" segment. 

Oh, yea.  She is only there for eye candy.

9 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Don't listen much..I flipped it on at work when nfl radio had hours of individual training camp tours on for 3 weeks (💤 yawn).. She has the spicy sexy radio voice,no doubt..she had to be Collins former phone sex gal :wub:...Never seen the show, just the radio voice.. so at first glance 👀 he might have paid for some lip service & some TV cleavage..so until she gets naked 🤞 a solid score of 7.5   

4 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Don't listen much..I flipped it on at work when nfl radio had hours of individual training camp tours on for 3 weeks (💤 yawn).. She has the spicy sexy radio voice,no doubt..she had to be Collins former phone sex gal :wub:...Never seen the show, just the radio voice.. so at first glance 👀 he might have paid for some lip service & some TV cleavage..so until she gets naked 🤞 a solid score of 7.5   

A 7.5? I'm leaning more towards a 9. She does bum me out when she thinks she is smarter than she is. For instance, she said she is pretty sure every NFL team owns its own jet. And she said it with conviction. I think the Pats are the only ones who do. The rest charter. 

37 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Image result for Crazy man gif

16 hours ago, Icecube said:

Also, Baker doesn't need clean pocket all day, he can make defenders miss and make plays. 

I am not worried about his ability to make plays outside of the pocket or even adjusting inside of the pocket. But the pressure we gave up in the preseason in Tampa we cannot do, that type of pressure is what I would be concerned about.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Icecube said:

A 7.5? I'm leaning more towards a 9. She does bum me out when she thinks she is smarter than she is. For instance, she said she is pretty sure every NFL team owns its own jet. And she said it with conviction. 

sounds like she has experienced the mile high club naked at 37,ooo feet..

call me spoiled..I've spent the long weekend on the SC & NC coast pulling boats to land before the storm.. I've seen more hanging blonde tang in thongs than a pole polisher properly has all weekend..could die a happy man last night if the damm binoculars had not fallen out the truck & cracked :o.(damm drunks)..1 hour to fantasy draft & 20 mins till home to wife, cat & 2 dogs... "How'd ya do honey" I pulled your families boats & got a Bonus"(;))                 

7 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

sounds like she has experienced the mile high club naked at 37,ooo feet..

call me spoiled..I've spent the long weekend on the SC & NC coast pulling boats to land before the storm.. I've seen more hanging blonde tang in thongs than a pole polisher properly has all weekend..could die a happy man last night if the damm binoculars had not fallen out the truck & cracked :o.(damm drunks)..1 hour to fantasy draft & 20 mins till home to wife, cat & 2 dogs... "How'd ya do honey" I pulled your families boats & got a Bonus"(;))                 

Sounds like the makings of a pick up line.

Hey baby, wanna help me pull this dinghy?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

Of course she is a gorgeous woman. And with the look of her fiance, all of us regular guys would have a chance haha

4 hours ago, Icecube said:

I think they are both good. I'm not sure one is better, just different. Henry's size and speed ratio are pretty rare: 250 lb backs aren't supposed to run sub 4.4 forties. If he shakes loose into the secondary, look out. 

That’s because they don’t. He ran a 4.54 at the combine. Where did you get the 4.3?

22 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

That’s because they don’t. He ran a 4.54 at the combine. Where did you get the 4.3?

Yeah and Garrett ran a 4.64 at the combine at 270 pounds, and that isn't all that significant a difference. 

On 9/3/2019 at 3:48 PM, Icecube said:

That's the "old Browns," bra. Things can change: The Red Sox and Cubs won championships. 

Ya know, I'm catching myself with that same mentality, too. "We have a new FG kicker and a rookie punter/holder, I'm sure the game will come down to a missed kick!" or "We haven't won an opener in forever, so why would this be different?" 

Win or lose, it won't have anything to do with our history. We're facing a good team, a team with a defense ranked around 6th against the run and 8th against the pass. A team that is healthy and expects to play in January. My biggest comfort is we play in Cleveland, and that energy is going to be INTENSE. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Ya know, I'm catching myself with that same mentality, too. "We have a new FG kicker and a rookie punter/holder, I'm sure the game will come down to a missed kick!" or "We haven't won an opener in forever, so why would this be different?" 

Win or lose, it won't have anything to do with our history. We're facing a good team, a team with a defense ranked around 6th against the run and 8th against the pass. A team that is healthy and expects to play in January. My biggest comfort is we play in Cleveland, and that energy is going to be INTENSE. 

FWIW-I have Seifert as my kicker in my FFL. I was going to take Baker but someone beat me to him. So I went with the guy who won me money Drew Brees. Also got Phillip Rivers. Nobody took Kareem Hunt, but after week 5 we get to drop and re-pick anyone we want. I'll be trying to get him unless our RBs are playing lights out without him. (hopefully).

Far from a cake walk but a winnable game. Really excited to see the season begin. I won’t get to see the opener but will catch all the nationally televised games. GO BROWNS!!!’

• Thanks 1

DAAAAWG CHEEEECK!!!

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I agree with his low scoring assessment of the game.  I think the excuse the crew hasn’t played enough together has just a little merit, but this is largely the same unit (Chubb, Mayfield, Higgins Landry NJoku). Line is still in tact for the most part and we add a major playmaker and at the very least a nice shiny decoy in OBJ.  We are fine.  The Titans have a huge problem trying to block Garrett without their stud tackle  - IMO this biggest issue/problem facing either team this game.

6 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I agree with his low scoring assessment of the game.  I think the excuse the crew hasn’t played enough together has just a little merit, but this is largely the same unit (Chubb, Mayfield, Higgins Landry NJoku). Line is still in tact for the most part and we add a major playmaker and at the very least a nice shiny decoy in OBJ.  We are fine.  The Titans have a huge problem trying to block Garrett without their stud tackle  - IMO this biggest issue/problem facing either team this game.

I think for TN to win, they will need some runs by Mariota and a few turnovers...possible, but I feel Browns should be favored (and are).  I'm not crazy that OBJ is mentioning a pre-game excuse (hip) entering the game. He has said he doesn't feel he can "open it up" or his hip will blow up. Freddie said he is fine. We will see.