THE BROWNS BOARD

WEEK 2 - BROWNS 2.5 point early favorite at the NY Jets week 2 & a brief history of MNF!

mjp28

12 hours ago, medicineman said:

The home team gets close to 3 points (I think it is like 2.7777) and to have us on the road and getting the 3 and now the 3 is doubled? Sounds like  a trap game. I hope I am wrong but sounds like if you take the Jets and get a easy payday. Besides many have said for years that the NFL is fixed by Vegas and the Refs always seem to have a hard on for us. 

The home field advantage has always been 2-3 points for a hundred years and it is more or less in rare occasions nothing more than that.

Lines are set by oddsmakers based on the teams strengths and weaknesses and move on how people bet to even the betting pool, they like it 50/50 if possible so the sports books do not lose money. 

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

Soooooo, Balt. and KC are chopped liver? 

I wouldn't be putting the Ravens in KC's class- yet. They blew out a Miami team that is obviously tanking. FWIW, the Patriots are favored by 19 against the 'Fins, and I can't ever remember a spread that big in an NFL game. I'll put the Rams & Saints up in the top echelon until proven otherwise...  

37 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I wouldn't be putting the Ravens in KC's class- yet. They blew out a Miami team that is obviously tanking. FWIW, the Patriots are favored by 19 against the 'Fins, and I can't ever remember a spread that big in an NFL game. I'll put the Rams & Saints up in the top echelon until proven otherwise...  

Yea, Fins are rubbish, but everyone was assuming Jackson wouldn't be able to pass the ball....................whoops. He did. The rookie Brown takes the top off Ds, and add that to a team who can rush and play great D, and you got a force. I wouldn't say Balt. O is in the same class as KC, but their D is definitely better than theirs. And I'm not sure Dallas is elite, just because they bet a terrible NY team. I think in Dallas we are looking at a 10-6 type of team, maybe wins one playoff game like last year. 

On 9/12/2019 at 5:07 PM, hoorta said:

For how long Tour? Like there's not going to be heavy betting on the Browns with that line?  

Ummmmm... the Yahoo line froze on Thursday, h...

Thus my use f the past tense, "stayed"...

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

And that half their team is hurt, including their starting QB.

Biggest "Questionable" is Mosely (groin)... and not looking promising for him as he did not practice yesterday.

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Biggest "Questionable" is Mosely (groin)... and not looking promising for him as he did not practice yesterday.

Done Tour the big OUT.  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001054353/article/jets-rule-out-cj-mosley-for-mnf-bell-questionable

Pound these suckers, and get ready for the Rams....  

2 Rb's left  to pound & zero backup Tackles...Teller played some RT in Bills preseason game this year..McCray swung to RT last week..Should they bring former Jet RB Elijah McGuire up from PS? :excl: and risk Landry or D'Ernest on punt return? 

CJ Mosley and Quinnen Williams out for Jets. I know we won't have Randall, and that's a huge loss, but the Jets are losing too much. Not having Mosley is just a killer, and I'm officially predicting a Browns victory, 27-16, with the game being in hand around the 3rd quarter.