THE BROWNS BOARD

Darnold ruled out for Monday

Alkid3

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

our history vs. backups is littered with bad results

7 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Anybody know the Browns record against backup QBs? Isn't it like 1-107

YUP!!   First thing I thought when I heard it on the radio today at work.

Second thing I thought was, we're now in a no win situation.  If we win, it's because the Jets were without their QB.  And if we lose....well...you know....

14 hours ago, Orion said:

YUP!!   First thing I thought when I heard it on the radio today at work.

Second thing I thought was, we're now in a no win situation.  If we win, it's because the Jets were without their QB.  And if we lose....well...you know....

From a media perspective you are totally right, that said it will still count as a W :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Orion said:

we're now in a no win situation.  If we win, it's because the Jets were without their QB.  And if we lose....well...you know....

Screw the media....its a win win if we win..cause a win is a win is a win.....

Besides...they're more worried about what Odell will be wearing then if we actually win......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mudfly said:

Besides...they're more worried about what Odell will be wearing then if we actually win......

.....it just seems that SO many want us to fail.  We're not the lovable underdog I guess.   

I honestly think the jets win. I have no confidence that Kitchens knows what the hell hes doing, the watch bullshit and Greg Williams bitching by Beckham this week has been nauseating, the defense is immature and not experienced with winning, Baker will hold the ball as long as the Titanic film runtime while also not being helped by the redneck calling plays in over his head,  the offensive line injuries make it a mess, Chubb will only get 10 carries while averaging 15 yards a carry, and our field goal kicker needs a seeing eye dog. 

1 hour ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

I honestly think the jets win. I have no confidence that Kitchens knows what the hell hes doing, the watch bullshit and Greg Williams bitching by Beckham this week has been nauseating, the defense is immature and not experienced with winning, Baker will hold the ball as long as the Titanic film runtime while also not being helped by the redneck calling plays in over his head,  the offensive line injuries make it a mess, Chubb will only get 10 carries while averaging 15 yards a carry, and our field goal kicker needs a seeing eye dog. 

Have a Wellbutryn and a Midol...... Time will slow down shortly....3... 2... 1.....

Siemian at this moment gives the Jets a better chance to win the game Monday.  If the Jets can somehow block up front and get a run game going this is a dangerous game.

Now if Mosley can’t go or is restricted that is the bigger news.  The Jets are hurting at LB and we could easily put up big numbers if that scenario plays out. 

I expect the Browns to be pissed off and play inspired football and be disciplined we got bigger problems if that doesn’t play out 

On 9/12/2019 at 1:43 PM, jiggins7919 said:

This is Scott Mitchell against the Browns in 1993 all over again. Oh yeah, I totally remember.

Frickin' kid...

The list of backups that have beaten us is long, if not distinguished...

I remember:

• an ancient George Blanda leading a Raider comeback in OAK.
  • Cardinal QB Jim Hart coming off the bench for an injured Charlie Johnson to lead a comeback at Muni.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Frickin' kid...

I remember:

• Cardinal QB Jim Hart coming off the bench for an injured Charlie Johnson to lead a comeback at Muni.

Kirk Cousins besting the Browns when he replaced a banged up rookie RGIII comes to mind.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Frickin' kid...

I remember:

I well  remember the  Scott  Mitchell  game. Turned  that into a  pretty good  payday.  

Out of  curiosity, had to check who was the  Jets third  string QB. They didn't have  one until  a couple days ago, but just  elevated Luke  Falk from the PS. Had a decent  preseason, but the  Jets went  with  only two  QBs. Cleared waivers FWIW. It would be  so Brownsian for Trevor  to get hurt, and have Luke come  in and use The Force against  us.  :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

It would be  so Brownsian for Trevor  to get hurt, and have Luke come  in and use The Force against  us.  :D

LOL, funny. However, if we get to the 3rd string QB, I'm fairly certain we'll come out on top. I just want people to understand that Simien has a winning record in the league, and he's definitely someone that will take chances down the field. I'd honestly rather play Darnold and his 3 yards a throw tendencies. Should be interesting to say the least, and we SHOULD be able to get pressure on him.