THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Grades and Rank... Updated Every Even Numbered Week

Tour2ma

... by "youknowwho"...

Offense:

• Baker - 70.9  #12
  • Chubb - 71.7  #12... hmmmm... a pattern???
  • OBJ - 79.5  #14
  • Landry - 63.4  #60
  • Njoku - 52.7  #50
  • Robinson - 62.3  #29 <---- Corrected Ranking... sorry, Greg...
  • Bito - 85.9  #1... attaboy...
  • Tretter - 72.1  #4
  • Kush - 71.6  #14.... not bad...
  • Hubbard - 55.1  #53

Defense:

• Richardson - 69.3  #42
  • Ogun - 54.3  #89
  • Vernon - 73.3  #25
  • Garrett - 57.4  #83??? apparently sacks ain't everything...
  • Schobert - 75.3  #15... way to go, Joe...
  • Kirksey - 46.4  #66
  • Greedy - 76.2  #11
  • Ward - 45.0  #94
  • Burnett - 64.0  #35
  • Randall - 61.4  #43

TE and RT are the weak links.   I figured.  Probably addressed in the first and second round next year but It’s not all doom and gloom on the Oline though. Some really good and some respectable numbers as well.  

Chubb has really done nothing wrong to this point other than being a victim to poor play calls which I tend to believe they jack all these scores up once we figure that out   

48 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Ward has quietly been struggling a bit this year, and it's been showing on tape. Greedy on the other hand is quietly doing very well.

I gotta stick up for Ward a little the under thrown ball that the Jets WR toed the sideline- If it’s placed where it should be Ward is there to make the play.  And the Crossers both weeks where are the safeties?  I think Ward is doing a good job of maintaining his side of the field.  He absolutely played better earlier last year but he set a pretty high bar last year too 

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/fresh-off-an-improvement-up-front-offensive-line-prepares-for-tall-task-ahead-vs

A somewhat related article that focuses on the OL and their play game 1 vs. game 2. Game 1 was quite the shit show with sucking and kicking and ejections and injuries, but game 2 was much improved. 

I spent my rewatching time on the interior of the OL, and l was quite pleased with those dudes. It was fun seeing Kush bust up for some second level blocks and Tretter pulling, which l’m not sure l’ve seen him do before and was super fun to see. I feel like l recall plays last year where Tretter is wingspanning between the guards engaged in blocks but no one to block himself because the defense is crashing the corners, so why not move him around?

It’s interesting that Robinson scored 8 points better than Hubbard on the ranking points thing yet Robinson is ranked 25 players worse than Hubbard. Have there really been 78 players take a snap at Left Tackle this year?

20 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I find it somewhat ironic that Garrett is on pace currently for a 40 sack year, but did not score well here. Do they account for the double and sometimes triple teams that began after the 3rd sack?

I don't think so... it's production that matters. They do state that a rusher receives a higher grade when he produces a hurry/hit/sack against better opposition play, e.g. beating a double team gets extra credit... getting a sack that was flushed into your waiting arms as you danced with your opponent gets less.

However, it's not Myles' rush that hurts his grade. It's 77.5... the highest on the team. His run D grade is 58.2. It's hardest to do both "great"... so that's a trade-off he may be being asked to make.

Edge players also receive a "Coverage" grade. I can't find an explanation for it. My guess is it's based upon reaction to passes within their "range", e.g., screens, swing-passes, quick slants. Also likely includes passes a player bats down/tips. Myles grade here is 60.8.

Here's a link to their grading methodology by position... https://www.pff.com/pff-player-grades

17 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I find it somewhat ironic that Garrett is on pace currently for a 40 sack year, but did not score well here. Do they account for the double and sometimes triple teams that began after the 3rd sack?

I would think penalties affect the grades too. If not, that grade is surprising.

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Thanks..Whiteheads score seems low & who outscored Joel B. to rank him #2?

Here's the Top Ten... pretty elite company.

image.png.45e92629d1fa52404feb14488cf34d67.png

Makes me proud to see two of my lil' ol' sleepers doing so well.... Glasgow and, of course, Ali... **sighs**

Also good to see a rehab'd Incognito succeeding... Mayock nailed that one.

10 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Here's the Top Ten... pretty elite company.

Makes me proud to see two of my lil' ol' sleepers doing so well.... Glasgow and, of course, Ali... **sighs**

Also good to see a rehab'd Incognito succeeding... Mayock nailed that one.

And all 10 are on different teams scattered between good and not so good teams. A lot of talent all over the NFL a by-product of the draft system?

Probably goes for other positions as well.

10 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

A lot of talent all over the NFL a by-product of the draft system?

Has to be... I think Richie is the only one on the list ever to hit FA...

Plus when you find a good one and are able to lock them up long-term, they tend to play a very long time at a very high level.

Correction: Brooks did as well.... originally drafted by HOU.

The days of the Redskin Hogs and the Dallas incredible OL that allowed Emmitt Smith to break rushing records and others may be hard to repeat again.

Same probably goes for the Fearsome foursome, purple people eaters and steel curtain defenses may be hard to do again with maybe a few exceptions.

Well the NFL wanted parity.

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

... and the Dallas incredible OL that allowed Emmitt Smith to break rushing records

Dallas has kinda one it again... with an elite RB... and a strong, if not elite, WR...

... now they just need to lock up the QB...