THE BROWNS BOARD

AB done with football in angry tirade, rips Big Ben and Kraft.

darren15

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

I mean, the guy is toxic.

Not seeing that, h...

Pretty obvious now that AB engineered his release from OAK. As for being a teammate in NE heard nothing except good things about how hard he worked. That said...

The web he's woven and apparently continues to weave off-field has ensnared him... for now... but one thing we know is that's a web that can be made to "go away".

If it can be done by our nation's highest elected official, then it sure as hell can be done by a simple WR...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The one who is looking like a genius is Mike Mayock, Oakland GM 

....he gave up a 3rd & 5th round pick for him.  zero catches, zero yards.

Can you imagine what an ass-hole Antonio must be?  Even Josh Gordon can somehow stay on the Patriots.  (I'm assuming that's why they signed Antonio since you really cannot depend on having Gordon).

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:
Career Earnings: $82,278,369

I doubt we've seen the last of him.

- $6.6 million for the mansion, God knows what else. That's gross income, subtract taxes and slimeball agent's cut. More like $50 million net at best. Maybe he can live in Rosenhaus' guest house when he blows through the rest of it. Care to bet?  

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Not seeing that, h...

Pretty obvious now that AB engineered his release from OAK. As for being a teammate in NE heard nothing except good things about how hard he worked. That said...

The web he's woven and apparently continues to weave off-field has ensnared him... for now... but one thing we know is that's a web that can be made to "go away".

If it can be done by our nation's highest elected official, then it sure as hell can be done by a simple WR...

Politics & the NFL are two different worlds. 

& the Patriots thought his drama wasn't worth the hassle Tour.  Go away? Get real. Or are you dismissing his track record? Flipped the Steelers the bird, ditto the Raiders. Now the Patriots don't want to deal with the BS- if you don't see a trend developing there, you're blind. Hats off to you calling him getting picked up by NE, that lasted exactly 11 days. Thank God for competitive balance in the NFL. No team in the league is going to touch him in the foreseeable future. 

If he can't coexist with the premier team in the NFL, do you really think any other  NFL GM in their right mind is going to give him a 4th chance to try & prove he's not the premier asshole of the NFL?  Hey AB- vet minimum no guarantees, zero tolerance policy.  Out of football until the Commish decides his fate. Makes Ray Rice look like a choir boy by comparison. 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Orion said:

....he gave up a 3rd & 5th round pick for him.  zero catches, zero yards.

Can you imagine what an ass-hole Antonio must be?  Even Josh Gordon can somehow stay on the Patriots.  (I'm assuming that's why they signed Antonio since you really cannot depend on having Gordon).

So how many good dependible WRs does NE have with no history of injuries? Edleman is now the main man with Flash as Brady's#2 guy.....will they be in the FA market again?

9 hours ago, hoorta said:
  1. - $6.6 million for the mansion, God knows what else. That's gross income, subtract taxes and slimeball agent's cut. More like $50 million net at best. Maybe he can live in Rosenhaus' guest house when he blows through the rest of it. Care to bet?  
  2. Politics & the NFL are two different worlds. 
  3. & the Patriots thought his drama wasn't worth the hassle Tour.  Go away? Get real. Or are you dismissing his track record? Flipped the Steelers the bird, ditto the Raiders. Now the Patriots don't want to deal with the BS- if you don't see a trend developing there, you're blind. Hats off to you calling him getting picked up by NE, that lasted exactly 11 days. Thank God for competitive balance in the NFL. No team in the league is going to touch him in the foreseeable future. 
  4. If he can't coexist with the premier team in the NFL, do you really think any other  NFL GM in their right mind is going to give him a 4th chance to try & prove he's not the premier asshole of the NFL?  Hey AB- vet minimum no guarantees, zero tolerance policy.  Out of football until the Commish decides his fate. Makes Ray Rice look like a choir boy by comparison. 
  1. Mansions can be sold. Yes, I will bet you he does not end up living in Drew's guest house. $100 gift certificate to our fav wine market.
  2. Yes they are... one is important.
  3. Pats learned of some on-going activity that concerned them. Even their hand-job lovin' (hjl) owner signed off on AB's release. Other hjl owners may not be as concerned.... but thanks for the compliment.
  4. Again... from all reports AB was coexisting with the team. One Pat said he redefined work/practice ethic... even for the Pats. What the Pats decided is that his off-field issues were of too great a concern to keep him on the team. He could end up on the Commissioner's list, but in any case his issues were going to become an even greater distraction as reporters asked other team members for comment on AB's situation even more than they already had. So they chose to rip off the band-aid now knowing one last round of questions would come about the his release. Another team's brain trust might might be so concenred.

So far AB has burned his bridges to exactly two teams: PTG and OAK. I'm sure there's a handful of successful teams that are secure enough with their roster that they would not be interested. but we are talking here about one of the 3 or 4 best WRs in the game. A handful of WR strapped teams that have likely already call Drew. I'd put SEA at the top of this list. There are reports that WSH already has called.

If AB makes his off-field issues "go away" there will be other suitors. In fact I would not be surprised if he resigned with NE. Other athletes have survived worse... Ben for one... Kobe for another. Worse in the sense that accusations against them were timely and criminal... not civil.

Your Ray Rice analogy is a hollow reach.

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

So how many good dependible WRs does NE have with no history of injuries? Edleman is now the main man with Flash as Brady's#2 guy.....will they be in the FA market again?

Somehow, it almost never seems to matter with them.  They just plug somebody in and beat ya by 21 points.

4 minutes ago, Orion said:

Somehow, it almost never seems to matter with them.  They just plug somebody in and beat ya by 21 points.

The Belichick way.

Or is the year that Roethisberger, Brees and maybe Brady's teams start to decline?  Although NE is in a weak division despite being the current Super Bowl favorite.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

The Belichick way.

Or is the year that Roethisberger, Brees and maybe Brady's teams start to decline?  Although NE is in a weak division despite being the current Super Bowl favorite.

Don't tell that to the Bills' Mafia. Undefeated and the fans are going nuts. They had to double up security for this week's game. 

Image result for bills mafia

21 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Don't tell that to the Bills' Mafia. Undefeated and the fans are going nuts. They had to double up security for this week's game. 

Yeah I did say start to decline some might even get a playoff spot this year.

Pit is probably on the brink of declining especially if bal and the BROWNS get their sheet together plus losing Leveon, AB and who knows if BR is next.

NE has had an amazing run will they look the same if/when Brady leaves? Same with NO.

13 hours ago, Tour2ma said:
  1. Mansions can be sold. Yes, I will bet you he does not end up living in Drew's guest house. $100 gift certificate to our fav wine market.
  2. Yes they are... one is important.
  3. Pats learned of some on-going activity that concerned them. Even their hand-job lovin' (hjl) owner signed off on AB's release. Other hjl owners may not be as concerned.... but thanks for the compliment.
  4. Again... from all reports AB was coexisting with the team. One Pat said he redefined work/practice ethic... even for the Pats. What the Pats decided is that his off-field issues were of too great a concern to keep him on the team. He could end up on the Commissioner's list, but in any case his issues were going to become an even greater distraction as reporters asked other team members for comment on AB's situation even more than they already had. So they chose to rip off the band-aid now knowing one last round of questions would come about the his release. Another team's brain trust might might be so concenred.

So far AB has burned his bridges to exactly two teams: PTG and OAK. I'm sure there's a handful of successful teams that are secure enough with their roster that they would not be interested. but we are talking here about one of the 3 or 4 best WRs in the game. A handful of WR strapped teams that have likely already call Drew. I'd put SEA at the top of this list. There are reports that WSH already has called.

If AB makes his off-field issues "go away" there will be other suitors. In fact I would not be surprised if he resigned with NE. Other athletes have survived worse... Ben for one... Kobe for another. Worse in the sense that accusations against them were timely and criminal... not civil.

Your Ray Rice analogy is a hollow reach.

#4 is the operative part Tour. I won't disagree AB is a rare talent. But if the Patriots don't want the drama who will?   Reading the tea leaves from the NFL office missives- another team signs him- welcome to the exempt list. If teams don't want to touch Kaepernic, you think they're going to be hot to sign a guy like Brown? there was a nice article in USA Today-  the Me Too Movement doesn't much like AB.  

Washington may have called,  let's see how cheap Antonio is willing to work for. Kobe? Ben? Pay enough lawyers enough money- you CAN get away with rape or murder. See OJ and Ray Lewis.

Ray  Rice is a nice guy in comparison to AB....   

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Link to the story......

AB says done with NFL; calls out Robert Kraft and Big Ben https://es.pn/2V96MWl
via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

It's "done with the NFL" and hopefully- good riddance. I hope it's not another empty promise....   The XFL calls, Antonio. If "He Hate Me" isn't copyrighted, that's a fitting name to stick on the back of your jersey.   

PS- Tour if Antonio doesn't need the money, why is is so hot to sue the teams? The guy is clueless if he thinks he's getting millions from the Raiders or Patriots, they have better lawyers than he does, and lots more of them.   It's his own fault being a total jerk screwing himself out of those massive paydays...   

8 minutes ago, hoorta said:

It's "done with the NFL" and hopefully- good riddance. I hope it's not another empty promise....   The XFL calls, Antonio. If "He Hate Me" isn't copyrighted, that's a fitting name to stick on the back of your jersey.   

PS- Tour if Antonio doesn't need the money, why is is so hot to sue the teams? The guy is clueless if he thinks he's getting millions from the Raiders or Patriots, they have better lawyers than he does, and lots more of them.   It's his own fault being a total jerk screwing himself out of those massive paydays...   

Or maybe "I DIDN'T DO IT". 

Another disgruntled, angry and very upset superstar multimillionaire Prima Dona.  How sad.  :lol:

He can complain as much as he wants, the owners have the signed contracts so if he doesn't see any of the guaranteed money it's his fault most likely. 

Not playing in the NFL anymore? What a crybaby. He made this to himself. 

• Upvote 1

Well I just cut AB from two FF teams so now it's certain that he'll be back.... and soon...

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Why does a billionaire want yet another billion? Because it's "money"... and in AB's case it's money to which he feels... rightly or wrongly... he's entitled to. Both teams he signed with included "guaranteed" amounts.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Well I just cut AB from two FF teams so now it's certain that he'll be back.... and soon...

Why does a billionaire want yet another billion? Because it's "money"... and in AB's case it's money to which he feels... rightly or wrongly... he's entitled to. Both teams he signed with included "guaranteed" amounts.

That would be wrongly Tour. Brown obviously isn't smart enough to read the legalese in the contracts he signed, but Rosenhaus probably is. XFL here I come.  

Nah- heard during the Browns game several NFL teams are still willing to take a chance on this loser. We'll see.  I'll even send you a bottle of wine if Brown actually see the field on an NFL roster before week 8. That's how convinced I am AB has worn out his welcome in the NFL.