THE BROWNS BOARD

Personel Issues

The Gipper

Maybe Baker shouldn’t have shotgunned that beer on tv.... Maybe he shouldn’t do tv ads with that cute blonde(real wife), maybe he shouldn’t have gotten married

He’s a young newlywed celebrity athlete.  I’m of the opinion that our man Baker is merely going through what many call a sophomore slump or jinx. A lot has happened to him in a short year and it’s catching up. I’m sure that he’ll process things and that the game starts “slowing down” for him soon. With his work ethic and attitude, he’ll be just fine

1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Maybe Baker shouldn’t have shotgunned that beer on tv.... Maybe he shouldn’t do tv ads with that cute blonde(real wife), maybe he shouldn’t have gotten married

He’s a young newlywed celebrity athlete.  I’m of the opinion that our man Baker is merely going through what many call a sophomore slump or jinx. A lot has happened to him in a short year and it’s catching up. I’m sure that he’ll process things and that the game starts “slowing down” for him soon. With his work ethic and attitude, he’ll be just fine

That may be true maybe the whirlwind finally caught up with him AFTER the rookie season when he just got thrown into the fire after an injury and he was just playing on adrelenine and natural football ability and instinct.

Maybe this weekend with a tough opponent and on the road he can kick it in gear again.

Mr Hollywood has to go back to just being a football player again.

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

That may be true maybe the whirlwind finally caught up with him AFTER the rookie season when he just got thrown into the fire after an injury and he was just playing on adrelenine and natural football ability and instinct.

Maybe this weekend with a tough opponent and on the road he can kick it in gear again.

Mr Hollywood has to go back to just being a football player again.

It is fairly common. I don’t think he’s trying to be a mr Hollywood type. That’s just mad ave hype. He’ll settle

I’m starting to wonder if the loss of Zeitler is having a greater effect on Baker’s style of play than we thought. I feel like last year Baker at least had a teacup of reliable protection up front in the form of Bitonio, Tretter and Zeitler and seemed more confident stepping up in the pocket when the walls closed in instead of bolting stage right.

I thought something was off on this thread I'm sure Gip meant:. 

personnel

[ pur-suh-nel ]SHOW IPA

noun

a body of persons employed in an organization or place of work.
(used with a plural verb) persons:All personnel are being given the day off.

56 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I thought something was off on this thread I'm sure Gip meant:. 

personnel

[ pur-suh-nel ]SHOW IPA

noun

a body of persons employed in an organization or place of work.
(used with a plural verb) persons:All personnel are being given the day off.

Well....I am usually a very good speller, but a few words do get me at times:   Reccommend ...recommend. or is it reccomend.   Accomodation. Accommodation? And a few others.  I don't know if I can go in and edit a subject title like we do with our posts. 

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well....I am usually a very good speller, but a few words do get me at times:   Reccommend ...recommend. or is it reccomend.   Accomodation. Accommodation? And a few others.  I don't know if I can go in and edit a subject title like we do with our posts. 

I know you are in fact you are an excellent wordsmith and put up many good questions and surveys.

You can go back and edit your title and call me an idiot now.   :lol:

6 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

There may be some personal issues holding this team back.  

That is initially what I thought this thread was about......or the Gipper was having personal issues and needed our help, not that there is anything wrong with that.   ;)

19 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I do need a blow job. Can you help 

Sorry not my thing EVER but I know..........oh wait I don't want hoorta to kick us both off.     Nevermind.  :mellow:

On 9/23/2019 at 5:21 PM, The Gipper said:

Well....Right....no, there is no one that can block him one on one.....but that is essentially what the Browns tried to do it seems.   The question is:  can they block him  with two on one.   Have the OC or OG in there...and also have a RB...be it a fullback or anyone else who can block also in their chipping on him, or full blown blasting on him.   Slow him down...some at least, so that Baker doesn't have to scramble after 1.5 seconds on every play...and so he can maybe make some 1 or 2 reads after his first. 

Where you getting this 1.5 seconds from? Week 2 baker had the highest average time to throw. Last week, 2.96 seconds. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Sorry not my thing EVER but I know..........oh wait I don't want hoorta to kick us both off.     Nevermind.  :mellow:

I never meant you personally...no interest in having your mouth around my dick.  .I meant can you give a good reccommendation?  (sp?...there is another one of those words)....and of course, you can bear the cost.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, choco said:

Where you getting this 1.5 seconds from? Week 2 baker had the highest average time to throw. Last week, 2.96 seconds. 

I didn't make it up.   Somewhere, somehow, TV, radio...print....I saw that in a lot of instances that that is how much time he had on a lot of plays.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I didn't make it up.   Somewhere, somehow, TV, radio...print....I saw that in a lot of instances that that is how much time he had on a lot of plays.

you didn't see that's how much time he had on average you saw that when he got the ball out that quick by design going into the 4th quarter he was like 13/14 for 110+ yards and 1 td.

44 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

you didn't see that's how much time he had on average you saw that when he got the ball out that quick by design going into the 4th quarter he was like 13/14 for 110+ yards and 1 td.

Could that have been where I saw that?  Maybe.  It could have been something like "he needs to get the ball out in 1.5 seconds in order to have  X amount of success. 

So...wherever you saw what you saw, what did it say about what happened when he did not get rid of the ball in 1.5 seconds?

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Could that have been where I saw that?  Maybe.  It could have been something like "he needs to get the ball out in 1.5 seconds in order to have  X amount of success. 

So...wherever you saw what you saw, what did it say about what happened when he did not get rid of the ball in 1.5 seconds?

It didn't say anything directly about what happened if ball was still in his hands after 1.5 seconds.  What it infers is when his fist read is not open he becomes much less accurate and indecisive on where to go with the ball. It says that maybe he panics. I don't know that it says anything about the oline 

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

It didn't say anything directly about what happened if ball was still in his hands after 1.5 seconds.  What it infers is when his fist read is not open he becomes much less accurate and indecisive on where to go with the ball. It says that maybe he panics. I don't know that it says anything about the oline 

I heard some talk this morning on the radio that it is actually the way the offense as planned and that he only have one read the make and then after that it’s up to him to improvise. Like I said that’s the plan which seems like a bad plan

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I heard some talk this morning on the radio that it is actually the way the offense as planned and that he only have one read the make and then after that it’s up to him to improvise. Like I said that’s the plan which seems like a bad plan

Rex ryan had said that Baker only makes one read then just goes the improvision route in his "baker is overrated as hell" spiel. Freddie came out and said that's not true at all and Baker makes more than one read.  Whether he does or not who knows. One thing im certain of is the offense isn't one read and then improvise. Freddie has looked shaky as a first time head coach, but there is absolutely no way anyone would have that be the plan for their offense in the NFL. Hell you're very unlikely to see that be the plan in high school football. 

52 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Sounds like the media is right on it.

Sounds like an offense geared toward a gun slingin big arm rookie.

Year 2,3,4 growth you start making other reads.  

People use the Brett Farve comparison a lot with Baker and Farve has his worst year by far his second year (I believe).  Vanilla offense year 1 slight expansion as the years went on. 

I think truthfully he could stand to probably learn the playbook a little better that probably comes with time too  

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

Sounds like the media is right on it.

Sounds like an offense geared toward a gun slingin big arm rookie.

Year 2,3,4 growth you start making other reads.  

People use the Brett Farve comparison a lot with Baker and Farve has his worst year by far his second year (I believe).  Vanilla offense year 1 slight expansion as the years went on. 

I think truthfully he could stand to probably learn the playbook a little better that probably comes with time too  

Typically even with rookies they don't just give a quarterback one read.  They give them a half of the field to read. I highly doubt Baker only has one read on passing plays. On rpo plays absolutely he has only one read as does every quarterback on rpo plays.