THE BROWNS BOARD

WEEK 4 - One man's opinion on the BROWNS of course and the anti-BROWNS!

mjp28

The Browns’ talent level has increased dramatically. But until the Browns curb their penalties – they were leading the NFL in penalties – and get better play from Baker Mayfield they can’t be trusted in this tough of a road setting. The Ravens have surrendered 24 points or fewer in 14 of their last 15 home games. Baltimore hasn’t permitted 100 yards rushing to an opponent in a league-high 10 games in a row. The Ravens rank third in run defense. 

This is bad news for Nick Chubb. While Mayfield has shown signs of regression, Lamar Jackson is the most improved quarterback in the league, and facing a Cleveland secondary that has multiple injuries.

All of the national opinions have seemed have gone away from the overhauled BROWNS at least for now. Plus many are giving the AFCN to Baltimore and the 46 point O/U seems so high. The BROWNS OL looks like Swiss cheese, the defense is dinged up.

SO what to do? Easy, this is a must win for the BROWNS take the generous CLE +7 and screw the under go OVER 46 and enjoy the game.  :D

When One man says others are giving the AFCN to Baltimore in which Cleveland was a favorite well just look now 9/24/2019:

ODDS TO WIN 2019-20 AFC NORTH (12/29/19)
Team Odds
Baltimore Ravens 1/3
Cleveland Browns 3/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 10/1
Cincinnati Bengals 50/1

Wouldn't we all just love to see the BROWNS 100% healthy this week?  

I still think that the OL and offense in general hasn't put it together yet.  Mayfield set some big rookie numbers last year he's due.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Wouldn't we all just love to see the BROWNS 100% healthy this week?  

I still think that the OL and offense in general hasn't put it together yet.  Mayfield set some big rookie numbers last year he's due.

I haven’t felt good about a single game all year yet.... for some reason I have a good feeling about Sunday....

2 minutes ago, hx214 said:

I haven’t felt good about a single game all year yet.... for some reason I have a good feeling about Sunday....

In a strange way I think that the pressure might be off a bit this week, NO primetime, on the road, definitely not expected to win, something to prove to themselves and to the world.

Might be a bit of a trap game for the blackbirds.  Now it's just put up or shut up time.

17 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Might be a bit of a trap game for the blackbirds.

A few Ravens are on record saying that they are looking forward to sticking it to the Browns because they thought it was ridiculous how much pub they had gotten this offseason. 

I said it before the season - the Browns aren't sneaking up on anyone and they have a bullseye on them because of all the attention they received

9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

A few Ravens are on record saying that they are looking forward to sticking it to the Browns because they thought it was ridiculous how much pub they had gotten this offseason. 

I said it before the season - the Browns aren't sneaking up on anyone and they have a bullseye on them because of all the attention they received

What were they 7-8-1 last season? We will see if they have a shot at improving on that record this Sunday.  They don't want to be 1-3 with 1/4 of the season over.

We shall see what they are made of in a few days.

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

When One man says others are giving the AFCN to Baltimore in which Cleveland was a favorite well just look now 9/24/2019:

ODDS TO WIN 2019-20 AFC NORTH (12/29/19)
Team Odds
Baltimore Ravens 1/3
Cleveland Browns 3/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 10/1
Cincinnati Bengals 50/1

NE, KC are ridiculously way out front as favorites to win their divisions this year followed by BAL, DAL tied at 1/3.  A few close top to bottom divisions this year.

Just now, Orion said:

....I don't feel that it is.

I'm afraid they might emplode from all of the preseason pressure to win the division and even make it to the Superbowl by many so called experts.

Struggling to have a .500 season isn't what this team was expected to do.

OK let's start counting probable wins time, why the BROWNS do not want to go 1-3.  I count about 8 wins (+/-) but they can't get in any protracted losing streaks starting with this Sunday.  That's why a win versus Baltimore would be huge going forward.

Bowns' 2019 Schedule

Week 1: vs. Tennessee Titans on Sept. 8 at 1 p.m. ET on CBS......L, bad

Week 2: at New York Jets on Sept. 16 at 8:15 p.m. ET on ESPN.....W pitiful nyets

Week 3: vs. Los Angeles Rams on Sept. 22 at 8:20 p.m. ET on NBC....L nice try vs a good team

Week 4: at Baltimore Ravens on Sept. 29 at 1 p.m. ET on CBS..... ?

Week 5: at San Francisco 49ers on Oct. 7 at 8:15 p.m. ET on ESPN.....was a possible W now a 4 point dog now?

Week 6: vs. Seattle Seahawks on Oct. 13 at 1 p.m. ET on Fox...... maybe?

Week 7: BYE

Week 8: at New England Patriots on Oct. 27 at 4:25 p.m. ET on CBS..... L barring a miracle

Week 9: at Denver Broncos on Nov. 3 at 4:25 p.m. ET on CBS...... maybe a W

Week 10: vs. Buffalo Bills on Nov. 10 at 1 p.m. ET on CBS......was an easy W now ?

Week 11: vs. Pittsburgh Steelers on Nov. 14 at 8:20 p.m. ET on Fox/NFL Network/Amazon..... hopefully W

Week 12: vs. Miami Dolphins on Nov. 24 at 1 p.m. ET on CBS...... W

Week 13: at Pittsburgh Steelers on Dec. 1 at 4:25 p.m. ET on CBS...... ?

Week 14: vs. Cincinnati Bengals on Dec. 8 at 1 p.m. ET on CBS..... W?

Week 15: at Arizona Cardinals on Dec. 15 at 4:05 p.m. on CBS......W?

Week 16: vs. Baltimore Ravens on Dec. 22 at 1 p.m. ET on CBS......L?

Week 17: at Cincinnati Bengals on Dec. 29 at 1 p.m. ET on CBS.......W

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I'm afraid they might emplode from all of the preseason pressure to win the division and even make it to the Superbowl by many so called experts.

'implode'  -  And I understand that sentiment.  But if they can just hold it together for a while I believe there's light at the end of the tunnel.

And I started a thread much like what you did just above this post (obviously, I didn't see your post as I was doing my own version)  :)

10 minutes ago, Orion said:

'implode'  -  And I understand that sentiment.  But if they can just hold it together for a while I believe there's light at the end of the tunnel.

And I started a thread much like what you did just above this post (obviously, I didn't see your post as I was doing my own version)  :)

Yes I just replied on your post I was much more confident about the season before game one where they just did not even look like last year's team and continued with sloppy play for three games. I think they must turn it around Sunday before they head out West and face SF on MNF currently a 4 point underdog in that one.

And yes I should have known it was implode, years back when I was in the electrical maintenance thing we used to implode old unusable TV picture tubes in a dumpster. You pitch them in so they'd land yoke side down and wait for the vacuum boom when they blew up. It was fun.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Wouldn't we all just love to see the BROWNS 100% healthy this every week? 

FIFY

11 hours ago, hx214 said:

... or could be gas...

adversity builds character - this team has it - it should show in a close game, even a win vs the ratbirds.

I think the Browns are temporarily suffering "sophomore jinx", as in, their second year, because teams were surprised last year,

and there are articles out there about how the ratbirds, for one, are annoyed at all the hype over the Browns.

So, it stands to reason, they are ready for the Browns, and specifically game-plan to take away from what the

Browns were doing successfully.  The Browns defense does the same thing - our offense just needs to attack. I still think the Browns should do like Kosar liked to do - throw a bomb on the first offensive play to get into the defenses' heads. lol

It says "we aren't going to just start out slow and play it safe, you don't know WHAT we'll do on most plays"Stretch the field from the git-go, when they aren't ready for it.

I expect the Browns to win - they have the character and belief in themselves to fight back.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

FIFY

... or could be gas...

Nah. 

We just saw Wilks put together a good enough defensive gameplan to beat the NFC Champs with a bunch of third string CB's. The front line stopped maybe the best running back in the league from doing basically anything all game. 

The Ravens don't have Donaldson or even Matthews.  OBJ owned the Raven's secondary last year.  

AND there is no way Freddie could call a worse offensive game than he just did last week.

The Rats are flying high on a big win against the Fins and a 6 point win against the Cards.  The Chiefs had a 17 point lead going into the 4th quarter and their defense phoned it in. 

Nobody is talking about Myles Garrett being a dirty player this week. Hopefully he is due for a few good pile drivers.

Let's line them up and see what happens. 

• Upvote 2

A number of folks are talking about the Ravens lack of pass rush. That may be true from a sack and front 3/4 standpoint, but per PFF...

Cleveland Browns @ Baltimore Ravens

The Browns are in trouble, and the subpar play of Baker Mayfield is largely to blame. Cleveland’s offensive line is conceding a 36% pressure rate (14th-most) and Mayfield has been anemic on these pressure dropbacks — 37% completion percentage (28th), 4.6 yards per attempt (28th), 28.3 passer rating (29th), and a 24% sack rate (sixth most). The Ravens pressure opposing quarterbacks on 38% of dropbacks, the ninth-highest rate in the league.

So they are getting pressure on opposing QBs at essentially the same rate we have allowed it.

13 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

A number of folks are talking about the Ravens lack of pass rush. That may be true from a sack and front 3/4 standpoint, but per PFF...

So they are getting pressure on opposing QBs at essentially the same rate we have allowed it.

I have always liked stats remembering that some can be misleading or skewed by other factors but most of the time they can tell a story or paint a picture of what is going on.......and occasionally reveal some really interesting things that might not otherwise be seen.  

Kinda' spooky huh.   :ph34r:

48 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I can’t take any of the Ravens numbers seriously yet. They played the Fins and the Cards. The Cards had the worst OLine I have ever seen in the NFL last year. 

Cam Irving is a starting lineman for the Chiefs...

• Upvote 1

On 9/25/2019 at 8:24 PM, hx214 said:

Strange as it may seem I kind of have that same feeling.

Despite being unpleasantly surprised in week 1, unimpressed in week 2 and so close in week 3 I think that this might be the make or break weekend.

GO BROWNS, just win this one!

Not to the "good feeling" stage yet, but I'm moving there...

And it's due to what I saw last nite.

BLT hasn't seen a D like ours yet... CBs or no CBs... just as the Packers D hadn't seen an OL like the Iggles.

Thru the fog I can see the outline of an ugly, ugly win... something like 13-6 or 10-9... with our D scoring the only TD.

Couple more days to bring it into focus.

On 9/25/2019 at 1:42 PM, mjp28 said:

The Browns’ talent level has increased dramatically. But until the Browns curb their penalties – they were leading the NFL in penalties – and get better play from Baker Mayfield they can’t be trusted in this tough of a road setting. The Ravens have surrendered 24 points or fewer in 14 of their last 15 home games. Baltimore hasn’t permitted 100 yards rushing to an opponent in a league-high 10 games in a row. The Ravens rank third in run defense. 

This is bad news for Nick Chubb. :lol:     While Mayfield has shown signs of regression, Lamar Jackson is the most improved quarterback in the league, and facing a Cleveland secondary that has multiple injuries.

All of the national opinions have seemed have gone away from the overhauled BROWNS at least for now. Plus many are giving the AFCN to Baltimore and the 46 point O/U seems so high. The BROWNS OL looks like Swiss cheese, the defense is dinged up.

SO what to do? Easy, this is a must win for the BROWNS take the generous CLE +7 and screw the under go OVER 46 and enjoy the game.  :D

Oh we enjoyed the game alright!  CLEVELAND 40 Baltimore 25.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Oh we enjoyed the game alright!  CLEVELAND 40 Baltimore 25.

You are quoting yourself now?  I assume only to highlight how wrong you were on these points:

The Browns’ talent level has increased dramatically.  That was evident today I believe.

But until the Browns curb their penalties – they were leading the NFL in penalties – there were still penalties...but none seemed as killer as they have in past games.

and get better play from Baker Mayfield they can’t be trusted in this tough of a road setting.  Well...they got that, so I guess He can now be trusted..

The Ravens have surrendered 24 points or fewer in 14 of their last 15 home games. Throw this out the window.

Baltimore hasn’t permitted 100 yards rushing to an opponent in a league-high 10 games in a row.  Throw this out the window.

The Ravens rank third in run defense.  And now...are they even in the top half.

This is bad news for Nick Chubb.  Or shall we say, Nick Chubb was bad news for them.

While Mayfield has shown signs of regression,  regression...no.  Ability to improve..yes, sure.

Lamar Jackson is the most improved quarterback in the league,  Oh...that is a vast overstatement...(he is "somewhat improved" perhaps)  as was all the love for the Ratfuckers after beating Miami, and Arizona.

and facing a Cleveland secondary that has multiple injuries. That he did...but that secondary stepped up well.

All of the national opinions have seemed have gone away from the overhauled BROWNS at least for now. And now they will all change their fickle minds back

Plus many are giving the AFCN to Baltimore and the 46 point O/U seems so high. Well, now they can shove that opinion up their collective arses.

The BROWNS OL looks like Swiss cheese, the defense is dinged up.  I look forward to both of them getting healthier and better.

I just accumulate the stats that are out there and make some of my observations and opinions about them that's all.

I hope you didn't lose and sleep putting your little diatribe about them together.    :lol:

I also hope that you enjoyed the game, I did.

GO BROWNS!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I just accumulate the stats that are out there and make some of my observations and opinions about them that's all.

I hope you didn't lose and sleep putting your little diatribe about them together.    :lol:

I also hope that you enjoyed the game, I did.

GO BROWNS!

Like I said...if you were going to quote yourself, you should have pointed out your own errors...and not have left it to me to do so.

• Haha 1