THE BROWNS BOARD

Game planner

jcam222

4 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I am 100% convinced Freddy personally did the gameplan and install this week. The change in the offense was dramatic and I believe Monken was collared. 

He did challenge the players to individually beat their guy every play and the OL especially seemed to respond.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jcam222 said:

I am 100% convinced Freddy personally did the gameplan and install this week. The change in the offense was dramatic and I believe Monken was collared. 

I had the feeling that I was watching last years team. I bet you’re right. Baker’s return to accuracy was big too. Very little of the high low junk and lots of just right

More input? Yes... and by Baker as well, I hope... but I hope not to the exclusion of Monken. To take that responsibility completely away from an OC would shift too much burden onto to our rookie HC.

As someone pointed out in a thread last week, it's not as if Todd did not have success as an OC elsewhere in his career.

So letting Todd rough out a plan under guidelines/specs Freddie establishes to then be polished by committee is the way to go. This way over time Todd should deliver a more complete product every successive week.

DBone... do NOT read the following...

It's a process.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2