THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns 49ers Trivia/survey...short list

The Gipper

Here are just a few trivia questions about the Browns/49ers, plus a couple of survey questions.

1.What is the all time head to head record regular season?     Post season?

2. Name 2 QBs that lead the 49ers in passing at least one year, that also played for the Browns.

3. Name 2 RBs that lead the 49ers in rushing at least one year, that also played for the Browns.

4. Name a 49ers first round pick that also played for the Browns.

5. The 49ers had their  first round draft picks  3 years in a row.....1950/51 and 52  make the Hall of Fame.  Name these 3 players.

6. Name a first team All Pro   Defensive back that played for both the 49ers and the Browns.

Survey questions:

1. FYI......Joe Montana and Steve Young each made the Pro Bowl the same number of times......7....and made first team All Pro the same number of times....3.   Which one, in your opinion was better?

2. The fact is, the Browns and the 49ers are the only two franchises left in the NFL that played in the AAFC.   Does that, in your mind, create any kind of rivalry between them?

.What is the all time head to head record regular season?     Post season?

11-9 browns reg

2-0 browns post

2. Name 2 QBs that lead the 49ers in passing at least one year, that also played for the Browns.

Garcia

Dilfer?

3. Name 2 RBs that lead the 49ers in rushing at least one year, that also played for the Browns.

Terry Kirby

Marquez Pope?

5. The 49ers had their  first round draft picks  3 years in a row.....1950/51 and 52  make the Hall of Fame.  Name these 3 players.

Steve Van Buren

6. Name a first team All Pro   Defensive back that played for both the 49ers and the Browns.

Pope

Survey questions:

1. FYI......Joe Montana and Steve Young each made the Pro Bowl the same number of times......7....and made first team All Pro the same number of times....3.   Which one, in your opinion was better?

Montana

2. The fact is, the Browns and the 49ers are the only two franchises left in the NFL that played in the AAFC.   Does that, in your mind, create any kind of rivalry between them?

Not a rivalry, but an interesting historical fact.

On 10/3/2019 at 5:03 PM, Zombo said:

.What is the all time head to head record regular season?     Post season?

11-9 browns reg

2-0 browns post

No....a bit off..not hugely

Garcia

Dilfer?

Check on both

3. Name 2 RBs that lead the 49ers in rushing at least one year, that also played for the Browns.

Terry Kirby  He is one.

Marquez Pope?  No...he played for the 49ers and Browns...but was originally drafted by the Chargers.

Steve Van Buren  No, Van Buren drafted by the Eagles.

Pope  No, PFR indicates that Pope never even made a single Pro Bowl.   But...like Pope...the guy I am thinking of was originally drafted by a third team altogether.

Survey questions:

Montana  Agree.

Not a rivalry, but an interesting historical fact.  Also agree here.

And Tour says I use these surveys to only get into a pissing contest over opinions....HA!  

On 10/3/2019 at 12:25 PM, The Gipper said:

Here are just a few trivia questions about the Browns/49ers, plus a couple of survey questions. I'm  Niner fan so might seem like cheating.  :)

Not gonna venture a guess on that one.

Dilfer and Garcia

3. Name 2 RBs that lead the 49ers in rushing at least one year, that also played for the Browns.

Carlos Hyde, dunno on the second

Ted Washington. Man, that dude was a total  bust in SF then went ahead and had a great career elswhere.

This is a bit too easy, so I'll just give more clues.....one was nicknamed the Lion, the other two were members of the "Million Dollar Backfield".  :D

Thats a tough one. Dunno. I wanted to say Woodson, but he played in Baltimore

Survey questions:

I may bee too attached to make a good answer here. I think I'd put it this way...I think Joe was better, but my favorite 49er ever not named Frank Gore is Steve Young. A lot of that has to do with him having to deal with the Ghost of Joe and wasn't embraced for a long time in SF.

Not Really. They don't play each other enough.

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2019 at 5:08 PM, The Gipper said:

You can answer the ones that you think are too easy because It won’t be easy for anyone else. 

Leo "The Lion" Nomellini

20046867435_b0226bfa11_b.jpg

Y.A."The Bald Eagle" Tittle (with ball) and Hugh "The King" McElhenny (Far left. Also pictured in statue form with Joe "The Jet" Perry and John Henry Johnson. They loved their nicknames back then).

mf-sports-new1.jpg

Here are just a few trivia questions about the Browns/49ers, plus a couple of survey questions. I'm  Niner fan so might seem like cheating.  :)

Not gonna venture a guess on that one.

Dilfer and Garcia  Check

Carlos Hyde, dunno on the second  Check....Z got the other one

Ted Washington. Man, that dude was a total  bust in SF then went ahead and had a great career elswhere. Check

This is a bit too easy, so I'll just give more clues.....one was nicknamed the Lion, the other two were members of the "Million Dollar Backfield".  :D

Thats a tough one. Dunno. I wanted to say Woodson, but he played in Baltimore  NO

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Here are just a few trivia questions about the Browns/49ers, plus a couple of survey questions.

Answers:

They are 18-9 Browns.  Browns also  1=0 postseason (AAFC)

Trent Dilfer and Jeff Garcia.    But unlike Jeff, (and Tim Couch)  Trent...to my knowledge, did not marry a Playmate of the Year.

Terry Kirby and Carlos Hyde

Ted Washington

Leo Nomellini,   Y.A. Tittle, and Hugh McEllheney. 

Donte Whitner