THE BROWNS BOARD

What is worse?

Dutch Oven

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

How outcoached this team has looked at times or how soft this team has looked at times? 

Because both are hard to swallow. 

Not only that but OBJ hasn't done jack shit for this team.. I would trade him now If I could.. He's a useless POS!

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

How outcoached this team has looked at times or how soft this team has looked at times? 

Because both are hard to swallow. 

Five games in the books what are they waiting for to gell or come together or whatever is causing them to underperform so far this season.

The big time and bright lights of primetime sure didn't help maybe they will be better off with a few 1 pm games on Sunday in Cleveland.

GO BROWNS, you can wake up any time now.

I think Freddy should let the OC take over play calling, why do all our head coaches have to call plays Freddy being a rookie head coach should use all his tools to get the team ready and prepared gameday. I think OBJ does well when Baker is on they were showing how even though he wasn't getting catches how he was opening opportunity for other to get open by drawing so much attention.  They need to fix the O line ASAP and the D should get better when the starters heal we really miss Duke I'm hoping when Kareem Hunt gets in they use the two back set I believe they ran some last season.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, nickers said:

Not only that but OBJ hasn't done jack shit for this team.. I would trade him now If I could.. He's a useless POS!

I have my doubts, but there are rumors that the Browns are shopping OBJ

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm sure the Patriots will send us a 6th rounder for him. 

But seriously, OBJ has been open so much the past several games it's not funny. We've talked all month it seems about Baker missing him twice at the end of the Rams game. Baker had OBJ in the end zone Monday as well, but predetermined he was going to Harris, and didn't even glance at OBJ. Then Baker threw a decent ball to Calloway who obviously effed it up. 

What's worse? I dunno, probably how soft we look. Did you know we've lost two games this year by more than 4 touchdowns, and that's something that never happened under Hue Jackson? How terrifying is THAT shit? Our worst loss under Hue was against the Cowboys, 35-10.

Here's the one trend that bothers me just about more than anything: We don't throw the ball to our stars on the red zone near enough. We threw to Calloway and Harris. I will BITCH slap someone. This is not an isolated event either. We throw to everyone BUT our stars. It's ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I remember when they grabbed him from the lowly G-men and people were talking about him as the "missing link" on the road to the Superbowl.

Maybe he just hasn't hit his stride or got on the same page as Mayfield or something.   I just hope it's not some kind of hidden injury or some such thing.

Shop him now? Have they packed it in for the season already? I don't think so...... but I guess we will see now won't we.    :huh:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I remember when they grabbed him from the lowly G-men and people were talking about him as the "missing link" on the road to the Superbowl.

Maybe he just hasn't hit his stride or got on the same page as Mayfield or something.   I just hope it's not some kind of hidden injury or some such thing.

Shop him now? Have they packed it in for the season already? I don't think so...... but I guess we will see now won't we.    :huh:

Let me share with you guys one of the many depressing stats from our offense.  You're not going to believe this, but it relates to what I've been harping on for weeks.

Odell Beckham Jr, our prized wide receiver, has the fewest red zone targets out of everyone on our team.  I'm not sure if that's everyone, or just WR's, but I heard it on Browns Daily, and I believe it.  I've been saying for WEEKS NOW to throw OBJ the mother effing ball when we're close to the damn end zone, but we simply don't do it.  What's worse is that he's been open MULTIPLE DAMN TIMES.  

THROW HIM THE DAMN BALL.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Let me share with you guys one of the many depressing stats from our offense.  You're not going to believe this, but it relates to what I've been harping on for weeks.

Odell Beckham Jr, our prized wide receiver, has the fewest red zone targets out of everyone on our team.  I'm not sure if that's everyone, or just WR's, but I heard it on Browns Daily, and I believe it.  I've been saying for WEEKS NOW to throw OBJ the mother effing ball when we're close to the damn end zone, but we simply don't do it.  What's worse is that he's been open MULTIPLE DAMN TIMES.  

THROW HIM THE DAMN BALL.  

The problem is Baker's been figured out in red zone struggles-zone coverage. Dude hasn't been able to figure it out and they can blanket WR's with such a short field. He just ain't seeing the field.

7 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

THROW HIM THE DAMN BALL.  

Well let's have a look-see at what's going on out there with our targets.  Ohhhhhhh week 5 didn't look so good anywhere.   https://subscribers.footballguys.com/teams/teampage-cle-2.php

CLEVELAND BROWNS TARGET SUMMARY

Player 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Total
Odell Beckham Jr 11 10 9 7 6                         43
Jarvis Landry 7 7 9 10 6                         39
Damion Ratley 2 3 5 3 2                         15
Rashard Higgins 3 0 0 0 0                         3
Khadarel Hodge 0 0 0 0 0                         0
Taywan Taylor 0 1 0 0 0                         1
Antonio Callaway         3                         3
WR TOTAL 23 21 23 20 17                         104
David Njoku 6 1                               7
Ricky Seals-Jones 0 0 2 3 1                         6
Demetrius Harris 1 1 2 0 2                         6
Pharaoh Brown 0 1 0 1 0                         2
Rico Gathers 0                                 0
TE TOTAL 7 3 4 4 3                         21
Nick Chubb 4 4 7 4 1                         20
D'Ernest Johnson 2 4 0 0 1                         7
Dontrell Hilliard 2 0 0 3 0                         5
RB TOTAL 8 8 7 7 2                         32

Player 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Total
Jarvis Landry 15 7 15 10 10 9 15 12 7 5   5 9 4 8 8 9 148
Antonio Callaway 1 4 10 9 5 10 2 6 5 2   5 6 1 7 1 7 81
Rashard Higgins 4 7 3 5 4       4 1   3 4 3 3 7 6 54
Breshad Perriman             1 1 6 2   1 2 2 2 4 4 25
Damion Ratley   0 0     8 3 4 4 0   0 1 0 0 0 0 20
Derrick Willies 0 0 0 0 5                         5
Josh Gordon 3                                 3
Rod Streater       0 0 0                       0
WR TOTAL 23 18 28 24 24 27 21 23 26 10   14 22 10 20 20 26 336
David Njoku 7 7 2 7 11 12 6 0 5 1   5 6 4 5 4 7 89
Darren Fells 1 2 0 2 1 0 0 1 0 0   1 0 0 0 3 1 12
Seth DeValve 0       1 0 0 2 1 0   0 2 0 0 1 0 7
Orson Charles 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1   0 0 1       5
TE TOTAL 8 9 3 10 13 13 6 3 6 2   6 8 5 5 8 8 113
Duke Johnson Jr 6 2 2 6 1 5 4 3 9 4   2 3 0 5 6 4 62
Nick Chubb 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 3 1 3   3 3 6 1 3 3 29
Dontrell Hilliard           0 0 1 1 1   0 4 2 0 1 0 10
Carlos Hyde 2 1 3 1 3 0                       10
RB TOTAL 8 3 5 7 5 5 6 7 11 8   5 10 8 6 10 7 111

Ya.... I'll take a hard pass on trading Odell. 

Draws the other teams best CB's and takes all kinds of pressure off everybody else. 

Landry DESTROYED the Ravens. That didn't happen last year without OBJ. 

The outcoaching part doesn't bother me. Freddie had them in the right spots against the Rams with that read option pass shotgun formation that worked.... After they got punched in the face on that opening 49ers play they moved the ball decently. Got a few drives together. Wilks has coached pretty damn well, but had a clunker against the 49ers. I don't expect to see that happen again. 

Giving up is the issue. Your QB was getting planted left and right and the OL sucked. 

BUT......2nd youngest team in the NFL. They don't know how to do anything right. Take the lumps now, and stick it to the road apple teams you get to play at the end of the season and pull a playoff spot with 9-7 record. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

And as another closer look at OBJ this was just a bad game for everyone especially compared to the previous weeks.  https://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/player-all-info.php?id=BeckOd01&tab=5&pbpyr=2019#pbp2019-5

WR ODELL BECKHAM JR - CLEVELAND BROWNS

5-11, 198 Born: 11-5-1992 College: LSU Drafted: Round 1, pick 2014

Main      Career stats      Game Logs      Game Recaps      Split Stats      Play-by-play      Latest New

WEEK 5 VS. SF

Qtr Time Score Down/Dist Yardline Description
1 14:59 0 - 0 1st-and-10 own 25 pass complete to Jarvis Landry for 20 yards (first down)
1 14:28 0 - 0 1st-and-10 own 45 target of incomplete pass
1 11:20 0 - 7 2nd-and-7 own 15 target of incomplete pass
1 4:57 0 - 14 1st-and-10 own 34 rushed for 4 yards
2 12:55 0 - 14 1st-and-10 opp 18 rushed for 11 yards (first down)
2 5:56 3 - 14 1st-and-14 opp 14 caught pass for 7 yards
3 10:31 3 - 28 1st-and-10 own 23 caught pass for 20 yards (first down)
3 9:27 3 - 28 2nd-and-8 own 45 target of incomplete pass
3 9:20 3 - 28 3rd-and-8 own 45 target of incomplete pass

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

And as another closer look at OBJ this was just a bad game for everyone especially compared to the previous weeks.  https://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/player-all-info.php?id=BeckOd01&tab=5&pbpyr=2019#pbp2019-5

WR ODELL BECKHAM JR - CLEVELAND BROWNS

5-11, 198 Born: 11-5-1992 College: LSU Drafted: Round 1, pick 2014

Main      Career stats      Game Logs      Game Recaps      Split Stats      Play-by-play      Latest New

WEEK 5 VS. SF

Qtr Time Score Down/Dist Yardline Description
1 14:59 0 - 0 1st-and-10 own 25 pass complete to Jarvis Landry for 20 yards (first down)
1 14:28 0 - 0 1st-and-10 own 45 target of incomplete pass
1 11:20 0 - 7 2nd-and-7 own 15 target of incomplete pass
1 4:57 0 - 14 1st-and-10 own 34 rushed for 4 yards
2 12:55 0 - 14 1st-and-10 opp 18 rushed for 11 yards (first down)
2 5:56 3 - 14 1st-and-14 opp 14 caught pass for 7 yards
3 10:31 3 - 28 1st-and-10 own 23 caught pass for 20 yards (first down)
3 9:27 3 - 28 2nd-and-8 own 45 target of incomplete pass
3 9:20 3 - 28 3rd-and-8 own 45 target of incomplete pass

& I  distinctly  remember one of  those  targets  was uncatchable. OBJ would have  needed to be 10' tall  to have a shot at  it, the pass was way  over  his head.

8 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

And as another closer look at OBJ this was just a bad game for everyone especially compared to the previous weeks.

Yeah, it was a bad week, but I've never heard of a team having a BAD MONTH when it comes to targeting their $80 million WR in the red zone.  I'm not kidding when I tell you that I can't think of ONE time when we threw the ball to OBJ in the endzone through 5 games.  Let that sink in for just a moment.  Almost every time we threw the ball into the pay dirt against the 49's it was to Harris or Calloway.  We had 6 plays inside the 10 yard line, and of those 6, I believe 4 were passing plays.  Of those 4 passing plays, NONE of the attempts went to OBJ or Landry.  Making matters worse, OBJ was open on one the passes we threw to Harris.  Cuz, ya know, I'm looking for Demetrius effing Harris over OBJ when my team needs points.  Good lord I've never seen anything like it.  It almost looks like they're not TRYING to score.  Whenever Baker goes back to pass inside the 20 yard line, I know he's going to throw a bad pass.  I know this because he's completing a league low 24% of his passes in the red zone.  

Can't we try at least ONE effing jump ball to Seals-Jones?  Can we?  Could we maybe try a WildDawg play or two inside the 10 yard line?  Could we POSSIBLY use some misdirection or the stupid pick play that EVERY OTHER team in the world uses?  Do you possibly think that we MIGHT think about running the ball 4 times in a row if we get first and goal from the 5?  Oh, here's an idea.  Do you think Baker Mayfield could just POSSIBLY throw the ball into the end zone when we're NOT in the red zone?  I dunno, say we're at the opponent's 35 yard line, and maybe, just maybe we could try throwing a touchdown pass to OBJ?

I'm sorry I'm such a little diva bitch right now, but I'm beyond pissed.  I don't understand why we can't at LEAST be the same offense we were last year when the only missing piece is Zeitler.  Literally everything else is the same, except we now have a great WR.  How are you worse?  That's what I don't understand.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Yeah, it was a bad week, but I've never heard of a team having a BAD MONTH when it comes to targeting their $80 million WR in the red zone.......

I'm sorry I'm such a little diva bitch right now, but I'm beyond pissed.  I don't understand why we can't at LEAST be the same offense we were last year when the only missing piece is Zeitler.  Literally everything else is the same, except we now have a great WR.  How are you worse?  That's what I don't understand.  

Exactly.  We all believed that when you added pieces to the high powered offense they would be better. Plus Mayfield another full year plus Chubb destined to go over 1000 yards plus they WERE 7-8-1 with some close OT games.

So what happened?  Sounds like an autopsy of the deceased.  :huh:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nickers said:

agreed.......i never thought he was that great to begin with except for a couple one handed catches....big fucking woop.....he stinks....the ravens game he wasn't even doubled teamed...that number 44 db smacked him around pretty good...

• Upvote 1

Jerry Rice was double and triple teamed during a time when the rules weren't as laxed as they are now... OBJ should quit complaining and man up...

2 minutes ago, nickers said:

Jerry Rice was double and triple teamed during a time when the rules weren't as laxed as they are now... OBJ should quit complaining and man up...

Jerry Rice was a goddam workout freak at WR, #1 in my book all time.

Time for OBJ to prove us all wrong....... hopefully soon.

31 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Jerry Rice was a goddam workout freak at WR, #1 in my book all time.

Time for OBJ to prove us all wrong....... hopefully soon.

OBJ is too soft...

17 hours ago, nickers said:

I don't know what they could get for him, and what team would want him. And just wait...he mostly hasn't started any drama (except for the watch). But he will. He will. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Since coaching sets the teams demeanor, I don't see a choice.

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Ummmmm.... no.

7 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

The problem is Baker's been figured out in red zone struggles-zone coverage. Dude hasn't been able to figure it out and they can blanket WR's with such a short field QB. He just ain't seeing the field.

Hope I did not FIFY...

... but just as windows are compressed in the redzone, so too are throwing lanes.

We need to get Baker on the move with some deigned PAP roll outs... especially in the rz.

1) nobody hated the OBJ trade more than Nickers..stay tuned, that won't change 🤫... 2) Browns52, for 3 straight years you only come on here to bitch after a Browns loss... Did not MarkO  get you kicked out before? anywho, Congrats ya loser   

• Upvote 1