THE BROWNS BOARD

DEREK MASON RETIRED FOR BALT.

Sez.EJ

I read Mason has retired. I guess the shoulder did not do well after the surgery this offseason. I cannot see any POSSIBLE way they go into the season with Mark Clayton and Demetrius Williams as there #1 and #2 recievers as a team that was a strong playoff team last year. They are to be going after Anquon Boldin or Brandon Marshall.

If I know Ozzie they will go after Boldin.. and they should.. He may be whining about money but he brings it on the field and is a good guy off the field and locker room. Marshall comes with MAJOR concerns with the off the field stuff. Both are young.. Baltimore will almost certainly bring one of these two into the division. I am placing my money on Boldin. he is a powerful guy and a redzone beast. .. Too much going on with Marshall because of what happened with Cutler..they don't want another guy to force his way out of town..not to mention he is a bit of a headcase who also had hip surgery this offseason. ... Baltimore will be much much tougher to defend with either of these guys are top flight recievers on the field. Mason had a nice career. Good little reciever.. I wish him well.

Certainly those guys will not be "released,"... but anyone can be traded for the right price. The cards don't have the money to re-sign bolden.. Baltimore likely will give a #1 pick "at least" for either of these guys and maybe more. Arizona has more to lose by giving up boldin since they are a contender for the superbowl.. there are a lot of issues surrounding a trade for either of these guys.

Certainly those guys will not be "released,"... but anyone can be traded for the right price. The cards don't have the money to re-sign bolden.. Baltimore likely will give a #1 pick "at least" for either of these guys and maybe more. Arizona has more to lose by giving up boldin since they are a contender for the superbowl.. there are a lot of issues surrounding a trade for either of these guys.

I agree about Boldin to BAL. Joe Flacco took the team to the AFC CG his rookie season and they probably are willing to give up a #1 for someone to throw to. Boldin fits in well, but is not a speedster per se, so is he worth a #1? I think so. Will ARI take a #1 and #3? That's the ??? May take more than that.

Archived