THE BROWNS BOARD

WEEK 7 - injury report, the BROWNS bye week but the injuries go on.... who's playing in WEEK 8?

mjp28

WEEK 7 - injury report, the BROWNS bye week but the injuries go on

Cleveland Browns
NAME STATUS DATE
Baker Mayfield, QB Questionable Oct 14
Comment: questionable
Greedy Williams, CB Out Oct 14
Comment: out
Denzel Ward, CB Out Oct 14
Kendall Lamm, OT Out Oct 14
Daniel Ekuale, DT Questionable Oct 13
Comment: Ekuale has been diagnosed with a concussion, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports

So what is questionable anyway?  :huh:

As bad as losing a game to the Seattle Seahawks may have been, the prospect of an injury to quarterback Baker Mayfield is unthinkable. Mayfield left the game at one point after a big hit and offered a status update on the injury he sustained.

Speaking to the media after the game, Mayfield revealed that he took a hit to his hip but played through the pain. He admitted that it hurt  to play like that but  accepted it as part of the game.

Via ClevelandBrowns.com:

Mayfield did not miss a snap due to the injury and made it clear that the idea of not playing was out of the question.

Another look.

Baker Mayfield jogged to the locker room early in the third quarter but he in no way considered the possibility of it being a one-way trip.

Mayfield returned in time for the Browns’ ensuing possession, and he never missed a play despite dealing with a hip injury in Sunday’s loss to the Seahawks.

“There was no conversation,” Mayfield said. “It was not even a thought.”

Mayfield said he suffered the injury on a third-down scramble in Sunday’s first half. He also took a bit of a hit and tumble on an 8-yard run on the series that preceded his trip to the locker room.

Mayfield was noticeably in pain at times throughout a second half that saw the Browns lose a lead and get it back before ultimately falling, 32-28.

“Baker is a tough individual,” Browns coach Freddie Kitchens said. “He is a tough quarterback mentally and physically. He will be fine.”

Mayfield acknowledged the pain in his hip affected his play at times, but stressed “that is not an excuse.”

MONDAY EARLY PM - QB Rudolph possible week 8 return?

Pittsburgh Steelers
NAME STATUS DATE
Stephon Tuitt, DE Questionable Oct 14
Comment: Tuitt will have an MRI to determine the extent of his pectoral injury, Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.
Mason Rudolph, QB Out Oct 14
Comment: Rudolph (concussion) is eyeing a return to action in the Steelers' Week 8 game against the Dolphins on Oct. 28, Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com reports.
Roosevelt Nix, FB Out Oct 14
James Washington, WR Out Oct 14
Jaylen Samuels, RB Out Oct 14
Steven Nelson, CB Out Oct 14
Mark Barron, LB Out Oct 14
James Conner, RB Questionable Oct 13
Comment: Conner (quadriceps) carried the ball 16 times for 41 yards and a touchdown, adding seven receptions for 78 yards and another score in Sunday's 24-17 win over the Chargers.
Joe Haden, CB Questionable Oct 13
Comment: Haden suffered a groin injury in Sunday's game against the Chargers, Dale Lolley of DKPittsburghSports.com reports.

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

WEEK 7 - injury report, the BROWNS bye week but the injuries go on

Cleveland Browns
NAME STATUS DATE
Baker Mayfield, QB Questionable Oct 14
Greedy Williams, CB Out Oct 14
Denzel Ward, CB Out Oct 14
Kendall Lamm, OT Out Oct 14
Comment: Ekuale has been diagnosed with a concussion, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports

That's as of today.They have 13 days to get healthy. If I had to guess, Baker got a hip pointer. And maybe we shouldn't be that hard on him for the last interception if he was hurting that badly. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

That's as of today.They have 13 days to get healthy. If I had to guess, Baker got a hip pointer. And maybe we shouldn't be that hard on him for the last interception if he was hurting that badly. 

I definitely hope he's OK. If he goes down, you might not WANT to watch anymore. I will say that he looked more like Baker Mayfield yesterday than almost all season. THAT'S a positive. With some luck, two of Baker's interceptions would have harmlessly hit the turf. Luck, however, isn't exactly in stock, and we'll have to find a way to win without it. 

Anybody else notice that Baker still can't/won't throw deep? I guess that Seals-Jones TD was sort of long, but other than that, Baker has no deep ball, and our offense as a whole doesn't have a deep presence. It's like...we don't even try it. (besides Hail Mary). Oh well, wrong topic for that anyway. Hopefully we're healthy and ready to go against the *gulp* Patriots. 

13 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I definitely hope he's OK. If he goes down, you might not WANT to watch anymore. I will say that he looked more like Baker Mayfield yesterday than almost all season. THAT'S a positive. With some luck, two of Baker's interceptions would have harmlessly hit the turf. Luck, however, isn't exactly in stock, and we'll have to find a way to win without it. 

Anybody else notice that Baker still can't/won't throw deep? I guess that Seals-Jones TD was sort of long, but other than that, Baker has no deep ball, and our offense as a whole doesn't have a deep presence. It's like...we don't even try it. (besides Hail Mary). Oh well, wrong topic for that anyway. Hopefully we're healthy and ready to go against the *gulp* Patriots. 

MHO is they're planning it that way Jiggins- because Freddy (and Baker) don't trust the o-line to give him enough time in the pocket to throw deep. If there was one silver lining to take away from that disaster, it was the o-line looked much improved. Baker wasn't sacked- at least according to the stats.  

Injuries to Greedy W & Denzel Ward to name a few are very frustrating. We replace LB Kirksey with Willie Harris and now he’s on IR. 
The bye week couldn’t come sooner!

I also think we’ve played defense pretty ok considering 

I don’t like Kitchens & didn’t like the hire; Deja Vu all over again with questionable play calling, penalties and his negative post game pressers 

we finally assemble a competitive team and he seems clueless!!!

I dare him to sit Rishard Higgins in favor of Callaway in week 8 .Mr Callaway is a bust 

so Freddie you’d better get with the program 

simplify the offense for your 2nd year QB, get help on Oline & run Chubb whose the best RB we’ve drafted in years

memo to Kitchens: what hapoened to play action, and running the ball on 1st & goal

Go Browns

I expect them to win their next game after the bye week & I don’t care if TB 12 deflates, inflates, or sends out spies

We should be able to win if we play our game mistake free with no letting up on Tb12

Sack the old guy

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Opal312 said:

Injuries to Greedy W & Denzel Ward to name a few are very frustrating. We replace LB Kirksey with Willie Harris and now he’s on IR. 
The bye week couldn’t come sooner!

I also think we’ve played defense pretty ok considering 

I don’t like Kitchens & didn’t like the hire; Deja Vu all over again with questionable play calling, penalties and his negative post game pressers 

we finally assemble a competitive team and he seems clueless!!!

I dare him to sit Rishard Higgins in favor of Callaway in week 8 .Mr Callaway is a bust 

so Freddie you’d better get with the program 

simplify the offense for your 2nd year QB, get help on Oline & run Chubb whose the best RB we’ve drafted in years

memo to Kitchens: what hapoened to play action, and running the ball on 1st & goal

Go Browns

I expect them to win their next game after the bye week & I don’t care if TB 12 deflates, inflates, or sends out spies

We should be able to win if we play our game mistake free with no letting up on Tb12

Sack the old guy

Our defense sucks.  We can't tackle worth a shit.  Or cover for that matter.

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Our defense sucks.  We can't tackle worth a shit.  Or cover for that matter.

Did you notice our two best cornerbacks haven't played the last couple of weeks?  

• Upvote 1

TUESDAY EVENING - getting ready for New England.

Cleveland Browns
NAME STATUS DATE
Greedy Williams, CB Questionable Oct 15
Comment: Williams (hamstring) said Tuesday that he returned to practice and is expecting to be ready for Week 8's matchup against New England, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.
Denzel Ward, CB Questionable Oct 15
Comment: Ward (hamstring) said Tuesday that he is back to practicing at full speed and that he expects to be ready to face the Patriots after Cleveland's Week 7 bye, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.
Baker Mayfield, QB Questionable Oct 15
Comment: Coach Freddie Kitchens said he gave Mayfield (hip) the day off Tuesday, Mary Kay Cabot of The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.
Kendall Lamm, OT Questionable Oct 15
Jarvis Landry, WR Questionable Oct 15
Comment: Landry suffered an ankle injury during the Browns' loss to the Seahawks in Week 6, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.
Comment: Ekuale has been diagnosed with a concussion, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.

WEDNESDAY EARLY PM - The latest stuff.

Cleveland Browns
NAME STATUS DATE
Damarious Randall, S Questionable Oct 16
Baker Mayfield, QB Questionable Oct 16
Comment: Mayfield (hip) isn't practicing Wednesday, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.

THURSDAY EARLY AM - getting ready for week 8.

Cleveland Browns
NAME STATUS DATE
Damarious Randall, S Questionable Oct 16
Comment: Randall (leg) said he's unsure if he'll be able to play in Week 8's game against the Patriots, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.
Kareem Hunt, RB Suspension Oct 16
Comment: General Manager John Dorsey said Wednesday that Hunt (suspension) is ahead of schedule in his recovery from sports hernia surgery, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.
Baker Mayfield, QB Questionable Oct 16
Comment: Mayfield (hip) isn't practicing Wednesday, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.

SATURDAY EARLY AM - nothing much more on the BROWNS but it is a bye week, still plenty of time there. There are however injuries in the AFCN with the blackbirds facing Seattle and then there's Cinci and their list of out players.  GO SEAHAWKS!?

Baltimore Ravens
NAME STATUS DATE
Ronnie Stanley, OT Questionable Oct 18
Comment: Stanley (knee) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Seahawks.
Patrick Onwuasor, LB Questionable Oct 18
Comment: Onwuasor (ankle) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Seahawks.
Maurice Canady, CB Questionable Oct 18
Comment: Canady (hamstring) is listed questionable for Sunday's game against the Seahawks.
Anthony Averett, CB Questionable Oct 18
Comment: Averett (ankle) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Seahawks.
Jimmy Smith, CB Doubtful Oct 18
Comment: Smith (knee) is doubtful for Sunday's game against the Seahawks.
Marquise Brown, WR Questionable Oct 18
Comment: Brown (ankle) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Seahawks after missing practice all week.
DeShon Elliott, S Injury Reserve Oct 15

Comment: The Ravens placed Elliott (knee) on injured reserve Tuesday.

Cincinnati Bengals.... 6 out plus the suspensions and IRs.
NAME STATUS DATE
William Jackson III, CB Out Oct 18
Comment: Jackson (shoulder) was ruled out for Sunday's game against the Jaguars, Jay Morrison of The Athletic reports.
Dre Kirkpatrick, CB Out Oct 18
Comment: Kirkpatrick (knee) was ruled out for Sunday's game versus Jacksonville, Jay Morrison of The Athletic reports.
Carl Lawson, DE Out Oct 18
Comment: Lawson was ruled out for Sunday's game against Jacksonville with a hamstring injury, Jay Morrison of The Athletic reports.
A.J. Green, WR Out Oct 18
Comment: Green (ankle) has been ruled out for Sunday's game against the Jaguars, Jay Morrison of The Athletic reports.
John Miller, G Out Oct 18
Comment: Miller (groin) was ruled out for Sunday's game versus the Jaguars, Jay Morrison of The Athletic reports.
Andre Smith, OT Out Oct 18
Comment: Smith (ankle) was ruled out for Sunday's game against Jacksonville, Jay Morrison of The Athletic reports.
Carlos Dunlap, DE Doubtful Oct 18
Comment: Dunlap (knee) is doubtful for Sunday's game against the Jaguars, Jay Morrison of The Athletic reports.
Cordy Glenn, OT Suspension Oct 18
Comment: Glenn was suspended for one game by the Bengals on Friday.
Kerry Wynn, DE Injury Reserve Oct 15
Comment: ir

14 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Have they played the entire season?  WTF is up with that?  It was supposed to be a strength of this team.

Baltimore has a similar problem going into Seattle.  Defensive issues.

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Fuck them.  They really are not very good.  Next two weeks they play Seahawks and Pats.   The super easy part of their schedule...which is the only reason they have the  division lead,  is over.

45 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

My take  Russell Wilson > Lamar Jackson.  Seattle at home- big advantage. 

41 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Fuck them.  They really are not very good.  Next two weeks they play Seahawks and Pats.   The super easy part of their schedule...which is the only reason they have the  division lead,  is over.

I won't shed any tears for the Patriots. Just possible the schedule makers are equal opportunity screwers. Two weeks in a row, they get the The Browns and the Ravens coming off byes. And the Browns catch them on a short week. :)  The Pats are playing the Jets on MNF.  

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

My take  Russell Wilson > Lamar Jackson.  Seattle at home- big advantage. 

I won't shed any tears for the Patriots. Just possible the schedule makers are equal opportunity screwers. Two weeks in a row, they get the The Browns and the Ravens coming off byes. And the Browns catch them on a short week. :)  The Pats are playing the Jets on MNF.  

Should be interesting to see if they limit Darnold to one TD like they have everyone else.

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Should be interesting to see if they limit Darnold to one TD like they have everyone else.

As I posted in another thread- and you should know since you have them as your Fantasy D, the Patriots defense is tops in the NFL. 

However, heard on the radio our old pal Josh Gordon is out on Monday night, bum ankle. May he heal slow, so he doesn't play against the Browns. Would only give us Edelman to worry about. Of course the refs expect the opposition to ask Brady nicely if they can tackle him. 

SUNDAY MORNING 10:30 AM - Browns nothing really new,  the latest, to be revised later including the injured quarterbacks.

Kansas City Chiefs
NAME STATUS DATE
Patrick Mahomes, QB Out Oct 20
Comment: Mahomes (kneecap) is expected to miss 3-to-5 weeks, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.
Chad Henne, QB Injury Reserve Oct 18

Comment: Henne is still weeks away in his recovery from a fractured ankle, Terez A. Paylor of Yahoo Sports reports.

Carolina Panthers
NAME STATUS DATE
Cam Newton, QB Out Oct 20

Comment: While Newton (foot) hasn't been ruled out for the Panthers' next game Oct. 27 against the 49ers, Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that it's "highly unlikely" the quarterback will be ready to play in Week 8.

Chicago Bears
NAME STATUS DATE
Mitchell Trubisky, QB Questionable Oct 19

Comment: Trubisky (shoulder), who is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against New Orleans, will play according to sources, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Denver Broncos
NAME STATUS DATE
Bradley Chubb, LB Injury Reserve Oct 19

Comment: Chubb (knee) underwent surgery to address his torn ACL, Mike Klis of 9News Denver reports

Jacksonville Jaguars
NAME STATUS DATE
Dede Westbrook, WR Questionable Oct 19
Comment: Westbrook (shoulder) is expected to play Sunday at Cincinnati, but he'll still need to gain clearance in pre-game warmups, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.
Nick Foles, QB Injury Reserve Oct 18

Comment: Coach Doug Marrone suggested Friday that he expects Foles (collarbone) will be ready to resume practicing next week. "Yeah, we think we'll be able to get him next Wednesday out at practice," Marrone said.

reports.
Drew Brees, QB Out Oct 17
Comment: Brees revealed in a radio interview Thursday that he'll need to wear a brace on his surgically repaired right thumb once he's cleared to play again, Jeff Nowak of The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports. "That's doctor's orders," Brees said.

I'm going to be the whiney little bitch of the board for a moment (I know this greatly shocks everyone), but I just saw Russell Wilson throw the easiest pick-6 I've ever seen RIGHT to the Baltimore defender. Where the HELL is that crap when WE play people? I mean Jesus...can we get a bone one freakin time? Russ literally just threw it right at the guy!! AHHHHHH. 

Edit:  Baltimore just scored a TD and I hate them. 😂

Edited again: Seattle player just dropped the football and instead of going out of bounds, it tight-roped the sideline and the Ravens scooped it for a score. He didn't even get hit! The ball just squirted out! I hate u. 

• Sad 1

Ravens pretty well handed SEA their asses...

As long as Jackson stays upright they are a very dangerous team... and it seems like he's going to stay upright.

That said... I thought this was a tough match up for SEA. I think we match up better.... even with our starting CBs sidelined, but I'd prefer to face them the 2nd time around with our starters back.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Ravens pretty well handed SEA their asses...

As long as Jackson stays upright they are a very dangerous team... and it seems like he's going to stay upright.

That said... I thought this was a tough match up for SEA. I think we match up better.... even with our starting CBs sidelined, but I'd prefer to face them the 2nd time around with our starters back.

Sorry Tour. the shoe got put on the other foot- Seattle beat themselves with gift turnovers....  In all sincerity, the Ravens defense is no better than ours. 

I'm convinced what we're seeing is the college game is more and more translating to the pros. 

Sam Rutigliano said- there are no old running quarterbacks in the NFL. We'll see if that's still true. Jackson pulled some escape acts that probably would have gotten any other QB in the NFL sacked for a loss that he turned into huge gains. 

• Zombo locked this topic