THE BROWNS BOARD

Corbett traded to LA Rams

LondonBrown

Way to go Dorsey.  Also, you really nailed the 3rd round pick with Chad Thomas.  I believe he got his first tackle this year!  Yay!

At least he drafted Chubb in the second round, so he didn't completely screw up.  And at least we have Duke Johnson to help with...oh...never mind.

11 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Way to go Dorsey.  Also, you really nailed the 3rd round pick with Chad Thomas.  I believe he got his first tackle this year!  Yay!

At least he drafted Chubb in the second round, so he didn't completely screw up.  And at least we have Duke Johnson to help with...oh...never mind.

We won't miss Duke when Hunt starts to play. 

EDIT: GB has two very effective backs sharing time in Jones and Williams. there is no reason we can't do the same with Chubb and Hunt.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

We won't miss Duke when Hunt starts to play.

I can't wait!  I think it's safe to say that we needed Duke in our first 8 games, and Hilliard didn't give us what we needed.  Duke was really good in pass protection and a beast catching the rock. 

5 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

And at least we have Duke Johnson to help with...oh...never mind.

I think youve forgotten that Duke was begging to leave.....a distraction to a team getting ready to improve.....he'd probably still be here if not for his whining.....

4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I can't wait!  I think it's safe to say that we needed Duke in our first 8 games, and Hilliard didn't give us what we needed.  

Gotta disagree here too.....Chubb is carrying the load(not Hilliard)....that includes the short passing game.......Chubbs already exceeded his total catches from last season and the main reason is that he's handling the responsibilities that had been Dukes role....

Right now, Chubb has more catches for more yards than Duke does ...... would you rather sit Chubb to play Duke on passing downs? Cause thats a signal to the other team and, right now, keeping Chubb in makes it harder for them to know whats coming....

The Duke deal worked out great.....we got 4 good years from him and then traded to get ALLLLLL our money back.....and we do not have his mopey crying a$$ in our locker room anymore(major plus!!)......especially in 2 weeks when Hunt re-enters.....

Personally, I haven't thought of Duke one time since he's been gone and that, to me, is enough to know that we truly didnt need him and the team is just fine w/o him........

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

Personally, I haven't thought of Duke one time since he's been gone and that, to me, is enough to know that we truly didnt need him and the team is just fine w/o him........

I respect your opinion... but we're just fine without him?! You haven't thought about him during our red zone struggles or when we're choking on 3rd downs? Man, I've been missing him so much. I realize we under-used him last year, but Duke was a pro in pass protection, he could get open, and he was dependable. I agree with you that we got a very respectable amount of compensation for him, but that doesn't help us right now. We gambled and we lost, I guess it happens. We thought Hilliard could get us to Kareem Hunt and that hasn't worked out.