THE BROWNS BOARD

Who ya watchin' this Bye Week?

Tour2ma

7 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Watching Harbaugh use the clock and play call vs time left and score is like watching a neurosurgeon work...... watching Freddie is like watching a 5yr old play Operation. 

"Buzzzzz - Buzz - Buzzzzzzzzz" 

To this day I can’t figure out what is so difficult about being a head coach and understanding clock management? Why is it so freaking hard for some coaches? They have been around football all their lives.... regardless of ever being a head coach or not, why is it hard? (And it’s not just Freddie...)

• Upvote 1

WEEK 7 - SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL Philadelphia +3 at Dallas for you football diehards.

Dallas 7-0 early.

Oh how nice Philly two fumbles in the first quarter.   (yes I took Philly +3. <_<)

Dallas maybe 14-0?

1 hour ago, hx214 said:

To this day I can’t figure out what is so difficult about being a head coach and understanding clock management? Why is it so freaking hard for some coaches? They have been around football all their lives.... regardless of ever being a head coach or not, why is it hard? (And it’s not just Freddie...)

Because they are trying to do too much and the game (and their decisions) are coming at them a million miles a minute is my guess...

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Wow Rodgers tearing it up, 4 passing TDs and 1 running TD.

That was our primary  game, the host is a  Packers fan. Some  surfing  to watch the Bungles  lose. Paul Brown  was a ghost  town, tickets for the  season ender will be plentiful and  cheap, come on  down. Steve and GNATS Tailgaters are doing  a combo with the  Cincinnati Browns  Backers  should be  fun. 

Then I  got  indigestion watching the Ratbird  game. 

I fell asleep when it was 14-0 woke up at halftime (I think) 27-7.    Now 37-10 so I guess that I didn't miss much except maybe a boring halftime show.

Is there a game after this one?   :lol:

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Because they are trying to do too much and the game (and their decisions) are coming at them a million miles a minute is my guess...

I heard that it was from some guy in his garage with a laptop and WiFi named Nero in a town in Spain.   I'm sure that was the information I heard, well pretty sure.   :huh:

32 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Philly looked far worse in Dallas than we did in SF. major turnover frenzy. 🏈🏈🏈

Well at least I got a nice nap.    :lol:

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

I heard that it was from some guy in his garage with a laptop and WiFi named Nero in a town in Spain.   I'm sure that was the information I heard, well pretty sure.   :huh:

Wrong.

I live in a flat. No garage for me. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Saints looking to go 5-0 without Brees.. 

They’re pissed..lol

Exactly why I've said for years I'm not at all opposed to spending "big money" on a back-up QB. Most important position on the field. Teddy B. has locked himself into a huge FA money deal this offseason.

51 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Exactly why I've said for years I'm not at all opposed to spending "big money" on a back-up QB. Most important position on the field. Teddy B. has locked himself into a huge FA money deal this offseason.

A good experienced backup quarterback is nice to have unfortunately a lot now want a fortune or are just hard to find. Remember what the BROWNS went through recently just trying to get anybody to play QB?

A star rookie of new guy with potential is nice but can be a crap shoot unless you're lucky to find a rare professional football ready guy, the BROWNS found Mayfield, KC found Mahomes and a few others.

Oh and some backups can take their teams to Superbowls but they better have a good supporting crew.....and defense!

15 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

In that same game Tashaun Gipson had a  pick 6 didn't he?  

But his brother Thomas Gipson slept in and didn't go to the game.   :lol:

And Baltimore this week looked like serious contenders..... hopefully they will get all high on reading how good they are on their extra week off and go out and party and get in trouble and be flat in week 9.

6 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

A flat you say? And what colour is it? And where do you go on holiday?

Brick with a yellowish color, gray concrete slabs can be seen from the outside (nice cold bridge). 

Holiday? Wherever you invite me to. Like, for free. All expenses paid. 

Please. 

58 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

A flat as in just behind the line of scrimmage near the sidelines?😜

With my frame and athleticism, if I played american football I would play kicking balls, either punting or place kicking. So stay out of my way or I'll kick yours ;)

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

But his brother Thomas Gipson slept in and didn't go to the game.   :lol:

And Baltimore this week looked like serious contenders..... hopefully they will get all high on reading how good they are on their extra week off and go out and party and get in trouble and be flat in week 9.

That game was not on TV here.  Lions/Vikings and Packers/Raiders.

And I don't know....it seems like the stats of the Seahawks/Ravens was mostly in favor of the Seahawks: (Ravens on Left, Seahawks on right. 

1st Downs 14 20
Passing 1st downs 5 10
Rushing 1st downs 9 8
1st downs from penalties 0 2
3rd down efficiency 5-13 10-17
4th down efficiency 1-1 0-0
Total Plays 56 68
Total Yards 340 347
Total Drives 9 10
Yards per Play 6.1 5.1
Passing 141 241
Comp-Att 9-20 20-41
Yards per pass 6.7 5.7
Interceptions thrown 0 1
Sacks-Yards Lost 1-2 1-0
Rushing 199 106
Rushing Attempts 35 26
Yards per rush 5.7 4.1
Red Zone (Made-Att) 1-4 1-4

Defensive / Special Teams TDs  Ravens 4   Seahawks  0

I mean, is this last statistic right?  

32 minutes ago, Nero said:

Brick with a yellowish color, gray concrete slabs can be seen from the outside (nice cold bridge). 

You don't get it, we don't use the term holiday the way you all do.  

Please. 

With my frame and athleticism, if I played american football I would play kicking balls, either punting or place kicking. So stay out of my way or I'll kick yours ;)

Actually, we do have a position in football for you:  Left out.

37 minutes ago, Nero said:

Please. 

I’m teasing a little bit. There are small differences in UK English and American English.  Flat = apartment in the USA. Color = colour, and on holiday = on vacation. 

It would be fun to get you out here for a game though. Perhaps a BB fundraiser?

11 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I’m teasing a little bit. There are small differences in UK English and American English.  Flat = apartment in the USA. Color = colour, and on holiday = on vacation. 

It would be fun to get you out here for a game though. Perhaps a BB fundraiser?

I mix those differences simply because they teach us British English and but then I've watched and read a lot of stuff in American English. 

The day I get to be in Cleveland for a game is going to be epic. I expect all of you there. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

A good experienced backup quarterback is nice to have unfortunately a lot now want a fortune or are just hard to find. Remember what the BROWNS went through recently just trying to get anybody to play QB?

A star rookie of new guy with potential is nice but can be a crap shoot unless you're lucky to find a rare professional football ready guy, the BROWNS found Mayfield, KC found Mahomes and a few others.

Oh and some backups can take their teams to Superbowls but they better have a good supporting crew.....and defense!

Sure, I mean I'm not suggesting paying a back-up a $50 million deal, but (for example) this year Mariota is going to be gone from Tenn. He would seemingly fit well here, and I feel like something along the lines of 3 year/$24 million would be enticing.

7 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

He certainly played his cards right by going to the Saints with that staff and Brees

On 10/21/2019 at 12:57 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

A flat as in just behind the line of scrimmage near the sidelines?😜

And Flats on bicycles are very bad. the worst was going down a hill at 35 mph- it was all I could do to avoid a crash.  :)  

22 hours ago, Nero said:

I mix those differences simply because they teach us British English and but then I've watched and read a lot of stuff in American English. 

The day I get to be in Cleveland for a game is going to be epic. I expect all of you there. 

Then you'd need to plan on coming over when we hold the annual Tailgate with the Brits and guys from all over the country. I've told TexAg he can sit with me in my 100 level seats if he ever makes it to Cleveland- the same goes for you.   

• Like 1