THE BROWNS BOARD

WEEK 9 - TOP 25 RANKINGS AND TV SCHEDULE and other interesting things that you need, honest.

mjp28

WEEK 9 - TOP 25 RANKINGS AND TV SCHEDULE and other interesting things that you have to have going forward, honest.

Here is the full schedule for Week 9 for the 2019 college football season. This will be updated as games go final. All rankings are from the AP.

All times ET and on Saturday unless otherwise noted.

Click here for a live scoreboard.

UNDEFEATED TEAMS: Tracking this season's remaining unbeaten teams

RANK

SCHOOL

RECORD

PREVIOUS RANKING

1 Alabama 7-0 1486 1....QB out, hmmm
2 LSU 7-0 1462 2
3 Ohio State 7-0 1429 4
4 Clemson 7-0 1408 3.......will these be the final 4?
5 Oklahoma 7-0 1343 5....6 7-0 teams should be 7
6 Penn State 7-0 1224 7
7 Florida 7-1 1138 9
8 Notre Dame 5-1 1058 8
9 Auburn 6-1 1054 11
10 Georgia 6-1 1031 10
11 Oregon 6-1 979 12
12 Utah 6-1 852 13
13 Wisconsin 6-1 767 6....wow
14 Baylor 7-0 732 18
15 Texas 5-2 627 15
16 SMU 7-0 587 19
17 Minnesota 7-0 577 20....still untested
18 Cincinnati 6-1 468 21
19 Michigan 5-2 440

16.... fading into the sunset?

20 Iowa 5-2 347 23
21 Appalachian State 6-0 286 24
22 Boise State 6-1 225 14
23 Iowa State 5-2 185 NR
24 Arizona State 5-2 134 17
25 Wake Forest 6-1 118 NR

Others receiving votes: no B1G teams.... Memphis 87, Virginia 29, San Diego State 17, Pittsburgh 17, Washington 15, Navy 9, Texas A&M 6, Missouri 4, UCF 3, USC 3, Louisiana Tech 2, Tulane 1.

Big Ten games of interest this week.

No. 13 Wisconsin at No. 3 Ohio State (-14): Given how impressive Ohio State has been, two touchdowns may actually seem small against the Badgers. Does Wisconsin circle the wagons after a stunning upset at Illinois? If you're of the belief that the Buckeyes will win big regardless, then you're likely inclined to lay the points anyway. 

No. 8 Notre Dame at No. 19 Michigan (-2.5): There's already been some initial movement on this spread in favor of the Irish. This game may be a matter of fresh legs, too. Notre Dame is coming off an open week and Michigan is trying to regroup after an emotional rally against Penn State that fell just short. 

No. 6 Penn State at Michigan State (+6.5): A potential letdown game for the Nittany Lions. They're coming off a huge win over Michigan and hit the road against a team coming off an open week. Sparty can't block anybody, but a rivalry game in East Lansing may get weird.

No. 20 Iowa at Northwestern (+9): Wisconsin's loss keeps Iowa alive in the Big Ten West race. But you know what isn't fun under almost any circumstances? Playing in Evanston. Not because it's hard, but because it's Northwestern. Is the Wildcats' normally stingy defense enough to take the points at home?

Oh yes and then there's this on 10-21-2019 updated

ODDS TO WIN 2019 HEISMAN TROPHY (12/7/19)
Team Odds
Joe Burrow (LSU) 7/4
Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma) 3/2
Tua Tagovailoa (Alabama) 5/2 down some. 
Justin Fields (Ohio State) 10/1 kind of looks like the final four doesn't it 
Jonathan Taylor (Wisconsin) 40/1
Justin Herbert (Oregon) 40/1
Sam Ehlinger (Texas) 60/1
D'Andre Swift (Georgia) 80/1
Trevor Lawrence (Clemson) 100/1
Travis Etienne (Clemson) 100/1
Chuba Hubbard (Oklahoma State) 100/1
Jerry Jeudy (Alabama) 200/1
J.K. Dobbins (Ohio State) 200/1. still there

Now that we're more than half way through the college season let's see who's favored to win it all.  10-22-2019. Where would you put an extra $100? Favorite or longshot?

ODDS TO WIN 2019-20 COLLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME (1/6/20)
Team Odds
Alabama Crimson Tide 11/4
Clemson Tigers 7/2
Ohio State Buckeyes 4/1
Oklahoma Sooners 9/2
LSU Tigers 9/2
Georgia Bulldogs 16/1
Penn State Nittany Lions 25/1
Oregon Ducks 40/1
Wisconsin Badgers 40/1
Auburn Tigers 100/1
Baylor Bears 100/1
Florida Gators 100/1
Minnesota Golden Gophers 100/1
Notre Dame Fighting Irish 100/1
Utah Utes 100/1
Michigan Wolverines 2000/1
Texas Longhorns 2000/1

OMG in the latest news I just happened to see this.

The University of Oklahoma says the ''Sooner Schooner'' will not run the rest of the season after it tipped over during a home game against West Virginia last Saturday.

Advertisement  

Oklahoma senior associate athletic director Kenny Mossman made the announcement in a statement on Tuesday.

The Schooner, a miniature covered wagon, circles the field after Oklahoma scores. The mishap came after a second-quarter touchdown during Oklahoma's 52-14 win. Mossman said Tuesday that the university will repair the damaged Schooner and use it for viewing purposes, but it will not run. He said a new Schooner is under construction and should be ready to run its customary loop on the field for the Spring Game in 2020.

School officials said in a previous statement that there were no injuries to the three student spirit group members riding the wagon or the horses that pull it. They said it appears the weight distribution of riders in the rear of the wagon caused the spill.

The fifth-ranked Sooners have two more home games this season during which the Schooner would have been used - Nov. 9 against Iowa State and Nov. 23 against TCU.

In the "if you are interested" department Vegasinsider.com lists the ATS and straight up records of every team that has lines in D-1A football. Some have done very well some not.  You would have done very well betting against Akron every week but the Ohio State University has done very well. Just a small sample of the A's.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/against-the-spread

Against the Spread Rankings

COLLEGE FOOTBALL ATS RANKINGS
  Straight-Up Against The Spread Over/Under
Team    Total    Home    Away    Total    Home    Away    Total    Home    Away   
Air Force 5-2 3-0 2-2 4-3-0 2-1-0 2-2-0 5-2-0 3-0-0 2-2-0
Akron 0-7 0-4 0-3 0-7-0 0-4-0 0-3-0 3-4-0 1-3-0 2-1-0
Alabama 7-0 5-0 2-0 3-4-0 2-3-0 1-1-0 4-3-0 2-3-0 2-0-0
UAB 6-1 4-0 2-1 5-2-0 3-1-0 2-1-0 3-3-1 2-2-0 1-1-1
Appalachian State 6-0 4-0 2-0 5-1-0 3-1-0 2-0-0 3-3-0 2-2-0 1-1-0

My Saturday NCAA football lineup pretty simple really:

2 pm Western Illinois at YSU on the radio then top 12 football, the best of the best.  Not much PT for me just kick back and watch football.

Wow The Ohio State University BUCKEYES just took apart Wisconsin in that second half.  38-7 final.

Amazing what an all 5* defense can do. BTW I predicted OSU 40-17.

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Oklahoma who I think was ranked #5....goes down....to like Kansas St. or Kansas.

KST 48 OKL 41...... they tried an onside kick but KST recovered and ran out the clock.

Question:. Does Ohio State deserve the #1 spot next week?   They will get more votes that's for sure.

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

It's KSU

When I do my own pick sheets I use KST for Kansas State and KAN for Kansas, just my easy way to keep them straight in my mind.

What a kick in the pants for OKL they will drop in the final four race. Meanwhile The Ohio State is making a run at a #1 or 2 seed.

I am still not overlooking 11/30 in Ann Arbor.

Michigan 3-0 end 1st, what a miserable night for a football game.   Michigan driving to the red zone.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Michigan 3-0 end 1st, what a miserable night for a football game.   Michigan driving to the red zone.

Michigan 17-0.   8 minutes left, goodbye Irish!

Either ND is overrated, or  FMU is better than you may think.

If Michigan is going to play that tough....is there any doubt that the Big Ten East division (or whatever they are calling it), is the best division in football?    Only possibly challenged by the SEC West, which has LSU and Alabama, Auburn.  

OSU, PSU, Mich.  even Indiana is pretty good at  6-2. Mich St. always tough...but they have lost lately.

14 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Either ND is overrated, or  FMU is better than you may think.

My ND looked rather lost in the rain in Ann Arbor like they didn't want to really be there.  Three straight ND coaches won national championships in their third seasons Ara, Devine and the last was that little Dynamo Lou Holtz in 1988. 31 years.

Kelly has had good seasons and got beat up by Alabama 42-14 in his only NC game -but- can he or anyone now bring back the mystique?

Since late in the Lou era through the Weis era they had a streak of 9 straight bowl losses.  Recruiting declined during that time along with some bad coaching moves.

I guess that the magic isn't there like it used to be.  But win a NC and see if it changes..... easier said than done.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

I was at the game. Beautiful football weather 

Did it seem to you that the Irish wanted a hot shower and dry clothes more than the Wolverines?

Glad you enjoyed the game!

• Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 4:09 PM, mjp28 said:

KST 48 OKL 41...... they tried an onside kick but KST recovered and ran out the clock.

Question:. Does Ohio State deserve the #1 spot next week?   They will get more votes that's for sure.

LSU #1, which is fair enough. They've beat 3 really good teams so far.

The thing I don't understand is Georgia at #8. They lost at home to an under .500 South Carolina team, and are sneaking back up somehow. 

I think both LSU and 'Bama will make the playoff, past precedent in play (I don't agree). Weird thing is if Georgia wins the SEC East, and somehow wins the SEC Championship game....then what? I shudder to think.

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

LSU #1, which is fair enough. They've beat 3 really good teams so far.

The thing I don't understand is Georgia at #8. They lost at home to an under .500 South Carolina team, and are sneaking back up somehow. 

Sec Bias

I think both LSU and 'Bama will make the playoff, past precedent in play (I don't agree). Weird thing is if Georgia wins the SEC East, and somehow wins the SEC Championship game....then what? I shudder to think.

The loser of that game should not make it.