THE BROWNS BOARD

We are going to beat the Pats Sunday. Here's why and how...

Tour2ma

Why.....

1. The Pats haven't played anyone as yet. Not that we have exactly shown ourselves to be "someone", but we are the most talented "nobody" they've had to face.
  2. The talent we have is exactly the positions we need it to be to beat them. (see "How")
  3. We get our starting CBs back.
  4. There's a hint of distraction in Camelot.
  5. Two weeks to prepare.

How.... on Defense:

1. Pressure up the middle to move TB off his spot... every passing down either go double-A gap blitz or with 3 DL head up on NE's LG-C-RG. Stunt their asses off...
  2. Put our speed rushers inside... Edge pressure is a waste of time as Brady simply steps up. Use MG, OV or both inside early and often.
  3. Play Cover 3/2/1 over man... no need to worry about DBs turning their backs to the QB.
  4. Double Edelman... he's TB's security blanket... take him away. Use Ward here... especially when numbers will not allow double.
  5. Match Greedy on Sanu everywhere.
  6. Match Joe to whatever RB is in the game... punish PA...

How... on Offense:

1. Bring back the Baker RPO... get him hit.... get him fired up... get him pissed... get him in space.
  2. Unleash our WR speed... yes, Gilmore may shutdown OBJ, but OBJ neutralizes him.
  3. And, of course, give them a heavy dose of Chubb...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8

Yeah baby yeah that's the spirit!  The undefeated and best ever Patriots against the bumbling BROWNS.  This looks like the biggest massacre since Custer at Wounded Knee, it's over already.

......but somehow I still think our Brownies have a chance in this contest. Win and you keep the very slight and on life support BROWNS season going......lose and you go read Mel Kiper Jr's column.  Plus as a bonus the CLE +13 should be good.  

GO BROWNS, I'm in.....baby!

glitter-unicorn-on-rainbow-dream-260nw-1368150971.jpg

• Upvote 1

Tour, I so hope you're right. It would literally rejuvenate our entire season because if we lose, it's pretty much over. We CAN beat the Bills, but they're the EXACT team we don't play well against (physical, tough defense, etc). I think if we beat Patriots, we'll beat the Bills, but if we lose Sunday, we'll have difficulty pulling it out against the Bills. 

Tour, have you seen the weather forecast for our game? Geez man, it's AWFUL. Rain is listed as 100%, and I know that's never good. Our speed was one of our only advantages, and that downpour will severely negate that edge. Rain is also likely to exacerbate our turnover tendencies, so that's a bit scary. Perhaps the weather gods are wrong and it'll pass through without impacting our game, but it doesn't look very good. 

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Yeah baby yeah that's the spirit!  The undefeated and best ever Patriots against the bumbling BROWNS.  This looks like the biggest massacre since Custer at Wounded Knee, it's over already.

......but somehow I still think our Brownies have a chance in this contest. Win and you keep the very slight and on life support BROWNS season going......lose and you go read Mel Kiper Jr's column.  Plus as a bonus the CLE +13 should be good.  

GO BROWNS, I'm in.....baby!

glitter-unicorn-on-rainbow-dream-260nw-1368150971.jpg

i believe the o/u is 48 what sezs u ?

33 minutes ago, ATOM said:

I picked a score that would be over, but with the weather looking terrible and wet, smart money might be on the under. 

9 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I picked a score that would be over, but with the weather looking terrible and wet, smart money might be on the under. 

ya the weather fucked me up in san frans game last week is the forcast looking about the same for sunday ?

1 hour ago, ATOM said:

The latest that I saw was 45.5 to 46 and a concensus of 46 but if the wx is real bad it may go lower.    vegasinsider.com

My gut says OVER unless the weather is really really bad.     Almost a stay away bet even though I think the BROWNS are due to open it up like at Baltimore.

Game time decision.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

The latest that I saw was 45.5 to 46 and a concensus of 46 but if the wx is real bad it may go lower.    vegasinsider.com

My gut says OVER unless the weather is really really bad.     Almost a stay away bet even though I think the BROWNS are due to open it up like at Baltimore.

Game time decision.

to late  i bet the under 

5 minutes ago, ATOM said:

to late  i bet the under 

You might have gotten a better number than late if it drops because they are playing in a wind blown monsoon.  Good luck.

8 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

You might have gotten a better number than late if it drops because they are playing in a wind blown monsoon.  Good luck.

oregon lottery started it's sports betting last week I could bet the Browns +18 but of course the payout is less 

betting from your phone can be a dangerous thing

but hey thanks and go Browns

6 minutes ago, ATOM said:

oregon lottery started it's sports betting last week I could bet the Browns +18 but of course the payout is less 

betting from your phone can be a dangerous thing

but hey thanks and go Browns

If the BROWNS can't cover +13 or +16 or +18 I'll become a steelrz fan,..,............. right that will never happen either.     :lol:

7 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

If the BROWNS can't cover +13 or +16 or +18 I'll become a steelrz fan,..,............. right that will never happen either.     :lol:

I bet that also

so again what about the B Ball game tonight I believe Grienke will get lit up

5 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Tour, have you seen the weather forecast for our game? Geez man, it's AWFUL.

No, I had not.... but it's possible that the impact will be minimal. Our field drains unlike WSH's...

And if the game were reduced to  battle of ground games, then I like our chances as well.

46 minutes ago, Orion said:

That's what we said about the 49'ers.

True.... but that's about all we could say in that case.

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Why.....

1. The Pats haven't played anyone as yet. Not that we have exactly shown ourselves to be "someone", but we are the most talented "nobody" they've had to face.
  2. The talent we have is exactly the positions we need it to be to beat them. (see "How")
  5. Two weeks to prepare.

How.... on Defense:

1. Pressure up the middle to move TB off his spot... every passing down either go double-A gap blitz or with 3 DL head up on NE's LG-C-RG. Stunt their asses off...
  2. Put our speed rushers inside... Edge pressure is a waste of time as Brady simply steps up. Use MG, OV or both inside early and often.
  3. Play Cover 3/2/1 over man... no need to worry about DBs turning their backs to the QB.
  4. Double Edelman... he's TB's security blanket... take him away. Use Ward here... especially when numbers will not allow double.

How... on Offense:

1. Bring back the Baker RPO... get him hit.... get him fired up... get him pissed... get him in space.
  2. Unleash our WR speed... yes, Gilmore may shutdown OBJ, but OBJ neutralizes him.

All great points.  We have the ingredients.

i just can’t see us playing a clean game.  We are our own worst enemy.  I have friends that text me every Sunday (fans of other teams) they can’t figure out how and why we beat ourselves or the refs beat us. It’s comical to them.  I finally have the blinders off. 

This week we may execute for 3 quarters and something stupid happens or the Pats charmed life takes over.

Don’t listen to me...that Seattle game took all the hope out of the season.

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Why.....

5. Two weeks to prepare.

How.... on Defense:

How... on Offense:

that is GREAT stuff. I do have a question:

It won't happen often, but Brady loved to throw to Gronk back in the day, when the defense least expected it, for important first downs, especially.

Their top two TE's are out of the game - leaving the old veteran Ben Watson...and Eric Tomlinson, another big TE. What would you do, to keep an eye on the TE position? He has thrown little to the TE's so far....

and that could be a major surprise if the Browns don't watch for it. Just sayin...

and I agree with you on Sanu - he and Brady are really getting on the same page. Brady says he bring the "juice" and Sanu says he also brings the "squeeze".

He won't be happy with Greedy covering him.

I agree about inside pressure.  I mentioned on another board I would put Garrett insdie fairly often.  He most certainly would garner the attention of the center, biving a backer of safety a pretty good  chance up through the A.  The other DT would simply have to hit hard on the guard outside shoulder to keep him off the blitzer.

I think that with our problems against the rush and the frame and phisicality (or lack thereof) of our secondary, they will try to run the ball a lot. 

Do the Pats prefer running inside zone or outside zone? Nevertheless D needs to set edge and gap discipline in the line. New England does not win because they have great players, they win as a team. We need no heroes, each one has to keep their assignment. 

Another key point for the game will be special teams. They have some blocked punts and I hope they don't get another one this Sunday. Belichick almost always wins this battle, so a tie on that department would be nice. 

This isn't why we are going to beat the Patriots, but I didn't know where else to post it...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/sanu-brady-offered-his-iconic-no-12-after-trade-to-patriots/ar-AAJlxzG?ocid=spartandhp

Says that Brady offered Sanu #12 if he wanted it... I know another WR on the Patriots roster that has #12 tattooed on his back. Wonder if he offered it to Josh? 

3 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I agree about inside pressure. 

THAT is how you beat Tom Brady!

He'll give up on the play early if you come straight at him.  He knows that he can't outrun anyone to either side.  He'll give himself up or throw it away......and he has a tendency to get intentional grounding penalties for not getting out of the pocket.

--------

The Patriots pass to set up the run.  They use the pass AS the run.  And they weave the run into the mix so it's successful.    Which is exactly what WE should do.  We should have Landry in the slot and he could be the Wes Welker for us that Edleman is for the Patriots (since Callaway doesn't seem capable)....and put Higgins out there as the #2.  We HAVE the running back that we could weave into the mix so as to be successful at running the ball.  - And ya can't just line up and say you're gonna run the ball down anybody's throat (including the Patriots), because they'll just take that away from you, and put you in 3rd and long (and the Patriots already have 18 int's after only 7 games).

The Patriots just kind of Chop You Up.  Edleman rarely catches balls downfield.  He just slices and dices in between the chains.  That's what we should have Landry doing.  That's what got him 114 catches in Miami.  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Their top two TE's are out of the game - leaving the old veteran Ben Watson...and Eric Tomlinson, another big TE. What would you do, to keep an eye on the TE position? He has thrown little to the TE's so far....

Wilson draws the bigger TE... while Taylor gets the more athletic.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, PoeticG said:

This isn't why we are going to beat the Patriots, but I didn't know where else to post it...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/sanu-brady-offered-his-iconic-no-12-after-trade-to-patriots/ar-AAJlxzG?ocid=spartandhp

Says that Brady offered Sanu #12 if he wanted it... I know another WR on the Patriots roster that has #12 tattooed on his back. Wonder if he offered it to Josh? 

If you saw the  latest  injury report, Josh is about  done in the  NFL, expected to  be  waived  off of IR. Why they traded  for  Sanu.

11 hours ago, Orion said:

THAT is how you beat Tom Brady!

He'll give up on the play early if you come straight at him.  He knows that he can't outrun anyone to either side.  He'll give himself up or throw it away......and he has a tendency to get intentional grounding penalties for not getting out of the pocket.

--------

The Patriots pass to set up the run.  They use the pass AS the run.  And they weave the run into the mix so it's successful.    Which is exactly what WE should do.  We should have Landry in the slot and he could be the Wes Welker for us that Edleman is for the Patriots (since Callaway doesn't seem capable)....and put Higgins out there as the #2.  We HAVE the running back that we could weave into the mix so as to be successful at running the ball.  - And ya can't just line up and say you're gonna run the ball down anybody's throat (including the Patriots), because they'll just take that away from you, and put you in 3rd and long (and the Patriots already have 18 int's after only 7 games).

The Patriots just kind of Chop You Up.  Edleman rarely catches balls downfield.  He just slices and dices in between the chains.  That's what we should have Landry doing.  That's what got him 114 catches in Miami.  

Ward will have to  play Edelman  tight. Brady was  living on quick  outside passes and flanker screens. 

The Pat's are using a  lot of cover  zero and 6-7 in the box, Chubb gets through it, and he could break o e.

• Upvote 1