THE BROWNS BOARD

Genard Avery Traded

TypicalBrowns50

Still not sure how a 5th round pick that managed 4.5 sacks in his rookie year couldn’t get some playing time. 

Hell, Vernon has played some really shitty games this year, should have moved on from that contract and let Avery play.

• Sad 1

Just now, hx214 said:

Still not sure how a 5th round pick that managed 4.5 sacks in his rookie year couldn’t get some playing time. 

Hell, Vernon has played some really shitty games this year, should have moved on from that contract and let Avery play.

You miss the game Vernon had last night?

7 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

The story l heard was if you woulda put out more Kevin wouldn’t have left you in the first place. Kevin has needs.

well, if you weren’t such a whore and gave it up for free it wouldn’t be so rough out here. At least make him take you to Outback for some steak first or something..... Christ! 

Now we gotta overpay some 31 year old, injury prone, LT that hasn’t played in a year to compensate. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I have to hope he's just stockpiling ammo for Williams

But man, we had a good thing going last year. We were getting better. I'm starting to think we changed too much this time around. Too many flashy trades, making the RB Coach the HC, etc

Oddly similar to some of our personnel and coaching moves from 2014-2015.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I have to hope he's just stockpiling ammo for Williams

But man, we had a good thing going last year. We were getting better. I'm starting to think we changed too much this time around. Too many flashy trades, making the RB Coach the HC, etc

The Browns are just another team that "Won the Offseason" and floundered on the field. 

• Upvote 1

We should have kept Williams. 

2 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

Like Cam says, hindsight is 50/50

I am absolutely curious about how this offense (or any offense) would look w/ Saquon and Lamar.

smh.

Schwartz will find a place for Avery. Plays a 4-3 with almost 2 OLB'ers & a middle..Avery is already listed as OLB#2 on most depth charts..Might need some work getting off blocks, but hope to see Avery will be seeing some playing time..Good Luck Genard !!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Makes me wonder what kinda year Dorsey promised Jimmah???

In the season of Sellers and Buyers... it appears we are both.

Ah Tour, think part of it was just  clearing  a roster  spot for  Hunt? Somebody  had to go  after the  Denver  game  regardless.

10 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Like Cam says, hindsight is 50/50

It may be, but prior to the decision this board was in Williams' corner more to the tune of 70:30 IIRC.

• Upvote 1