THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker attacks Cleveland media, walks out

Icecube

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Exactafucking mundo.   All it takes is a winning streak.  Play smarter, play better, execute properly.  What it does NOT take is a directive to "subdue your passion for the game and subdue your disdain for losing".  The exact same behavior would not even be an issue if they did not lose some of these games.

So, instead of saying to Baker:  play and act robotically and unemotionally, tell him: eliminate the mistakes.....and have the coaches and the rest of the team help you there

Dude, read the post. He is saying Mayfield is acting like a bitch. It is true that a winning strwak will change perspectives. It is also true that his recent behavior will hurt the chances of that happening.

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Who the fuck likes to lose? What a stupid argument to make... like Baker is some kind of oddity who hates to lose. 

Losing your virginity is cool. When the time is right and with the right person of course. And even if it’s not it makes for a better story down the road. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, CoachToad said:

Gipper is to busy with his thesaurus to inderstand that. He is setting his fantasy football lineup as we speak. He is all alone on an island. Wow.

A.  I don't need a thesaurus to write this way...it is just a function of education I guess.   Ask anyone here.  B. I have never played Fantasy Football.  I have no use for it.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Of course he isn't, but as I said, he is being excoriated for not suppressing his particular passion about it. 

I don't think you are stupid. I think you are screwing around. You get the difference between passion and acting like a bitch right? How about he shows that passion in the film room

Of course he isn't, but as I said, he is being excoriated for not suppressing his particular passion about it. 

Bullshit.

He's getting called out for acting like a six year old who takes his ball home when he doesn't get his way. 

He's exactly the type of person who constantly tells the world "I am who I am and I speak my mind and if you don't like what I have to say then too bad" who throws a tantrum when someone does the same in return. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I hope it's not like the fist quarter magic like in New England and spotting the best team in football a 17-0 lead...... just sayin'.

No shit Sherlock. You act as if you haven't seen Baker display his winning nature as a QB. Of course, everyone knows he cannot continue making the egregious mistakes that he has made in that game, and others.  

Si yo hablo un poco de Espanol......but I'm much better at Ingles.  ¿Si como no?  Eh?

I don't know Spanish... I just know a few words, like maybe:  Si hable Ingles.

18 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It IS about leadership.    and yes, absolutely, this team needs to be more focused, and more disciplined.  But that has fuck all to do with what Baker did in an interview.  

Leadership? Patton had leadership but in 2018 Mayfield had it.  However in 2019 is searching for something.....he seems to have lost  it in 2019.

Go figure?

GO BROWNS, time for some Baker magic, quick.....or who's the backup QB again? Oh.

A.  I don't need a thesaurus to write this way...it is just a function of education I guess.   Ask anyone here.  B. I have never played Fantasy Football.  I have no use for it.

No offense but you lack street smarts on this topic. You obviously don't understand how to lead athletes or how a locker room needs to be understood. A team is a family. When they are good they love each other like family. When the family leader acts like a bitch and panics, it hurts the family. You can't see that from a coach man.

from once being in a locker room.. I prefer taking a full look at the tone of this presser before Grossi speaks 

With it being Wednesday, you'd expect questions towards the Denver game. And at the start ,there were & Baker responded fine to even Patriots questions.. I get Tony is a hometown native & all Cleveland all the time. Has a radio show on the flagship station. Sports Time Ohio TV show..But he's no longer with the Cleveland Plain Dealer..Tony writes for ESPN* Cleveland.. again, watch the 7 minute tone of the presser..Than at 7:20:: it is truly a dumb ass question from Grossi.. sure, bakes frustrated and Grossi got enough to print his side of the story      

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

No shit Sherlock. You act as if you haven't seen Baker display his winning nature as a QB. Of course, everyone knows he cannot continue making the egregious mistakes that he has made in that game, ......and others.  

Yes...... and others!

So you admit that Baker has ongoing issues that's a good start for identifying the root cause of his problems.

And my name isn't Sherlock, Michael or mjp or mj will work just fine for me.   ;)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CoachToad said:

You don't have a clue what I am advocating. I will give you a hint couch fan. 1) demonstrate confidence and accountability 2) live in the film room 3) be the 1st in the facility and last out every day 4) never lose your cool with the media in public. Always demonstrate control 5) never show up your team in public 6) hold your team accountable 7) Act like a winner, talk winning, preach winning until you win. 😎 love your teammates unconditionally.

To win you have to have a process that you execute. It is a result or consequence of circumstances that you create. It is not something that just happens.

OK, so the great cliche machine speaks.  Fine, of course those are the things you and every other peewee league coach can and has advocated.  Except for the shit you just made up.  (like never losing your cool with the media....you made that one up for purposes of THIS conversation.  I doubt you ever coached a team that ever even had media coverage) . 

And to my mind, Baker exhibits all that.  Being in Seattle, and only just paying attention to the Browns here in the last week, I doubt seriously that you have even him much at all.  What you don't apparently like is that he vociferously exhibits his disdain for losing.

And, I guess, if you can't handle that, as I said to Dutch, that is YOUR problem.

I will simply close by  giving you the response that Baker gave:

Everybody wants to hear the truth until they actually get it.... I am who I am and always have been. Don’t call it emotional when it’s convenient and then passion when it fits. I care about winning, so yeah I’m frustrated. If I was to act like it’s okay to lose, then y’all would say that I’ve gotten complacent. My sense of urgency is at an all time high. And if I offend anybody along the way... that’s too bad.

So...bottom line...as Baker said:  if you don't like ...too bad

17 minutes ago, CoachToad said:

Dude, read the post. He is saying Mayfield is acting like a bitch. It is true that a winning strwak will change perspectives. It is also true that his recent behavior will hurt the chances of that happening.

Exactly....a winning streak would mean the exact same behavior that you are saying is him acting like a bitch would not be perceived that way.

And you are full of camel sperm if you think that his recent...off field...behavior would hurt that.   It is his ON Field behavior....mistakes, poor decision making that will hurt his chances.  Not walking out on an interview that had gotten absurd...as was his right to do.

If you don't like it:  too bad. 

18 minutes ago, CoachToad said:

I don't think you are stupid. I think you are screwing around. You get the difference between passion and acting like a bitch right? How about he shows that passion in the film room

Well....sort of:   I see that I am speaking with passion, and that you are acting like a bitch. 

And no, I don't think he should show passion in the film room.  I want him to be studious, intellectual attentive, and synthetical in there. (as I am being here for the most part) And by all reports he is exactly that.

Baker needs to let his play on the field speak for him rather than trying to win the press conference, which is all the Kitchens led Browns have done since the offseason. Keeping composure under stress is the hallmark of a good QB/coach and neither Freddie or Baker are demonstrating that this season. I know a lot of people hate Grossi but he's been correct more often than not on the post '99 Browns. He wasn't hot on Mayfield being drafted but owned up to it after Mayfield balled out. He was criticized for noting Beckham's absence from OTA and minicamp but we can all see the lack of chemistry between the two now. QB-receiver timing starts early in the offseason program.

The worrying thing is that it looks like Mayfield isn't being coached well this season, on the field he's relapsed into some bad habits especially with his footwork, bailing the pocket  and rolling to the right at the slightest hint of pressure. Compare how Deshaun Watson answered a reporter's dumb  question to Mayfield and you see the difference in leadership.

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

OK, so the great cliche machine speaks.  Fine, of course those are the things you and every other peewee league coach can and has advocated.  Except for the shit you just made up.  (like never losing your cool with the media....you made that one up for purposes of THIS conversation.  I doubt you ever coached a team that ever even had media coverage) . 

And to my mind, Baker exhibits all that.  Being in Seattle, and only just paying attention to the Browns here in the last week, I doubt seriously that you have even him much at all.  What you don't apparently like is that he vociferously exhibits his disdain for losing.

And, I guess, if you can't handle that, as I said to Dutch, that is YOUR problem.

I will simply close by  giving you the response that Baker gave:

Everybody wants to hear the truth until they actually get it.... I am who I am and always have been. Don’t call it emotional when it’s convenient and then passion when it fits. I care about winning, so yeah I’m frustrated. If I was to act like it’s okay to lose, then y’all would say that I’ve gotten complacent. My sense of urgency is at an all time high. And if I offend anybody along the way... that’s too bad.

So...bottom line...as Baker said:  if you don't like ...too bad

Ok Gipper. I have been on both sides of media. Feel free to go to spotify and look up the Highline Bear's podCast. One of the episodes has my name and it is called for the love of white center.  I can give you many other examples of media I have done as well. It is about a 20 minute interview on baseball, community and leadership. You are probably a good guy but you don't know shit my friend.

Well....sort of:   I see that I am speaking with passion, and that you are acting like a bitch. 

And no, I don't think he should show passion in the film room.  I want him to be studious, intellectual attentive, and synthetical in there. (as I am being here for the most part) And by all reports he is exactly that.

I obviously mean showing passion by living in the damn film room. Jesus dude. Have you ever actually played a sport? I know you are a big dude. Do you get out much?

17 minutes ago, CoachToad said:

No offense but you lack street smarts on this topic. You obviously don't understand how to lead athletes or how a locker room needs to be understood.

I really do not think you do either.  If you are advocating that your players not be upset about losing.....then you are a shit coach.

A team is a family. When they are good they love each other like family. When the family leader acts like a bitch and panics, it hurts the family. You can't see that from a coach man.

Well, you apparently are not seeing it. Again, if you cannot see that BAker's teammates support him fully in his passionate disdain for losing...you are out of touch.  And if you think they don't have his back about giving up on an interview that just turned into a badgering session....you are out of touch there as well. 

Now, why don't you quit making an ass out of yourself by assuming that you know what Baker's teammates think of him, and wait until you actually get the reaction of some of  his teammates.  

3 minutes ago, CoachToad said:

I obviously mean showing passion by living in the damn film room. Jesus dude. Have you ever actually played a sport? I know you are a big dude. Do you get out much?

You know precisely how much time Baker spends watching film? 
Mayfield is the franchise QB and anyone who has watched this team since 1999 knows it. It’s his team. He can literally do what he wants. Being 2-5 SUCKS. Baker gets that.

I get the feeling his teammates don’t care if he doesn’t wanna deal with BS nonsense.

14 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yes...... and others!

So you admit that Baker has ongoing issues that's a good start for identifying the root cause of his problems.

And my name isn't Sherlock, Michael or mjp or mj will work just fine for me.   ;)

Baker does have issues.....which we could dissect,   but basically, making mistakes, not seeing the field properly...and etc.  I certainly am not saying he doesn't have problems that need to be corrected.

But hating to lose, and being passionate about that fact are NOT on the same planet of the causes of his problems. 

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You are funny. Nice straw man. I teally want my players to want to lose. Where have you won? What coaching hall of fames are you in. Get your fat ass off the couch and learn something.i can show my work. Can you? That is the sound of the mic dropping.

7 minutes ago, CoachToad said:

Ok Gipper. I have been on both sides of media. Feel free to go to spotify and look up the Highline Bear's podCast. One of the episodes has my name and it is called for the love of white center.  I can give you many other examples of media I have done as well. It is about a 20 minute interview on baseball, community and leadership. You are probably a good guy but you don't know shit my friend.

I don't know shit about you.....and could care even less.  Whatever you may have ever done in your life,  podcasting, coaching, movie BS,  serial killer  (well...not really....that we know about :D  does not give you insight into Baker Mayfield's personality nor what he coaches and teammates feel about him. 

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Baker does have issues.....which we could dissect,   but basically, making mistakes, not seeing the field properly...and etc.  I certainly am not saying he doesn't have problems that need to be corrected.

But hating to lose, and being passionate about that fact are NOT on the same planet of the causes of his problems. 

You get it right. Nobody wants him to like losing. You get that right? If not it is time to move on. You sound like a total dumbass. It is how he acts in public. Jesus dude. Have you ever played anything? Led anything.

Just now, The Gipper said:

I don't know shit about you.....and could care even less.  Whatever you may have ever done in your life,  podcasting, coaching, movie BS,  serial killer  (well...not really....that we know about :D  does not give you insight into Baker Mayfield's personality nor what he coaches and teammates feel about him. 

Well I shared some of my credentials what about you couch fan? All talk. Prove it big man.

9 minutes ago, CoachToad said:

Well, perhaps you should express yourself better.  As I said, by all accounts Baker is a film room freak. You probably don't know that because you have not paid attention.  I played baseball in HS.  Wanna see my letter?  

And here is a clue for you....from my observation just from TV...so I can't attest to anything else.  Some of the guys that play a sport seem to know very little about the sport they play.  At least, they don't exhibit it.  (coaches are different)

It has to get so old answering these stupid questions these reporters ask. 

“Were you happy you got your dick kicked in because you turned the ball over three times and spotted the other team 10 points??”

”How did you feel when your coach called a punt, took a penalty and then sent you back out there to take a sack”

I wish he would just look at Tony and say, “No Comment” everytime he asked something. Guy is a dick. He and Mary Kay can both take the next train outta town and nobody would care. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, hx214 said:

It has to get so old answering these stupid questions these reporters ask. 

“Were you happy you got your dick kicked in because you turned the ball over three times and spotted the other team 10 points??”

”How did you feel when your coach called a punt, took a penalty and then sent you back out there to take a sack”

I wish he would just look at Tony and say, “No Comment” everytime he asked something. Guy is a dick. He and Mary Kay can both take the next train outta town and nobody would care. 

Yeah, it takes discipline. Lot's of asses in the media.

You are funny. Nice straw man. I teally want my players to want to lose. Where have you won? What coaching hall of fames are you in. Get your fat ass off the couch and learn something.i can show my work. Can you? That is the sound of the mic dropping.

I don't give a shit if you are the ghost of Vince fucking Lombardi.  If you think that Baker Mayfield has to conform to your bullshit "get off my lawn" ways of conducting himself....your are a fossil, and ought to be in a museum. 

And Jesus, learn how to quote, or at least to cut and paste. Then maybe people will have a clue what you are replying to. 

And maybe get a dictionary so that I don't have to dumb this down for you to follow along.

54 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You are one feculent fool,  aren't you.  :lol:

Yes, we DO need more Mayfield magic.  The kind that he has shown that he is capable of.  Not the guy that is making the bad mistakes.  

And I guaranfuckingdamntee you that this team knows that they need him to be that guy.  

Maybe in your coaching career you were blase about losing. But,  Again, please discontinue this whole transference thing you have going where you assign your own shortcomings and failures on to others. 

Baker just hates to lose.   Savvy Ingles?

This was however a classic Ryan Leaf-like stunt with the classic (or no class) stunt "I'm mad as hell and I'm leaving right now".  And you can't stop me, I'm surprised he didn't stick his tounge out on the no class exit from the stage.  What a baby!

And I see that you've got all of your "poopsie quotes" all ready to fire out there, how classy!

• Haha 1

Well I shared some of my credentials what about you couch fan? All talk. Prove it big man.

Credentials on what? Coaching?  No, I had other things to do.

Nevertheless Your credential prove that you have two lips a tongue and teeth, so that you can talk.  Otherwise you  have proven you are an out of touch old geezer.  (So am I...so what?)