THE BROWNS BOARD

Colorado - this is what it is coming to? Innocent American's home destroyed, city not liable for damage?

calfoxwc

this cannot stand, surely. Colorado wants to ban guns, but allows a police dept to completely shoot up an American's home, and

they don't have to fix it back up? Too bad they didn't have a gun, (and were home), and shot this armed shoplifter escaping from the police.

They did not have to destroy the house. One window, tear gas. but look at the damage! 400,000 thousand freakin dollars?

(who left a nine yr old home alone? they did. I would hope they had a neighbor available for the nine yr old to call for help...That is bad.)

https://www.theblaze.com/news/police-destroyed-a-mans-home-pursuing-a-shoplifter-but-the-city-wont-pay-any-damages

"Lech is considering appealing the decision to the Supreme Court."

And I damn sure would too. They have to pay you fair value under Eminent domain laws when they put a highway through your property. Seems fair to me that any government whose lawful representatives had to destroy property in carrying out their duties would also be responsible financially for any collateral damages.

• Upvote 1