THE BROWNS BOARD

Geoff Jones

Geoff Jones

6 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

What’s Going On

that’s a song from the 90s by a group called Four Non Blondes 

as far as the Browns? Same story. Different year

9629C545-12AB-4011-B48E-E7FA5BB4059B.jpeg

Uhm...."What's Going On"  is a song from the 60s by Marvin Gaye.  Great song...imo.   (I don't know if that 4 non blondes is a remake of that or what).

But, yes, what is going on is that we have a very bad coaching situation....in my opinion.   Very bad.

15 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Uhm...."What's Going On"  is a song from the 60s by Marvin Gaye.  Great song...imo.   (I don't know if that 4 non blondes is a remake of that or what).

But, yes, what is going on is that we have a very bad coaching situation....in my opinion.   Very bad.

Different songs, different artists, same title. 
 We all saw how a good head coach can make a very dramatic difference . It really is a coaches league

24 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Different songs, different artists, same title. 
 We all saw how a good head coach can make a very dramatic difference . It really is a coaches league

OK, I remember it now.  Not terrible, not good,  average.  Very MOR.  Nothing close to the classic that is the Marvin Gaye tune.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

We all saw how a good head coach can make a very dramatic difference . It really is a coaches league.

What you meant was...we all saw how a really bad head coach can make a dramatic difference.  

Damn-I'm out of reactions today so..........................................😂😂

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Geoff Jones said:

From here in England

What's going on

All the pre season hype seems to be disappearing into internal arguments on the pitch

Stick around- we have at least 3 other guys on our board who call England home. Ha, over here it's field, not pitch, but soccer is rapidly gaining in popularity here.  :)  

What's going on is I've never seen a bigger crash and burn from preseason expectations to the current sad state the Browns are in. And I've been a Browns fan since the late 1950s. A lot of the predictors had the Browns as favorites to at least make the playoffs, if not make it to the Super Bowl. Now they're going to need a miracle win the rest of their games to even have a chance, but losing to a beat up Denver team makes those odds astronomical...  Baker throwing errant passes, defensive breakdowns resulting in big plays. It can't be from lack of talent, like in years past. Fans are ready to ride Kitchens out of town on a rail. 

22 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

THIS, is a pitch:

:D Ah, you piqued my scientific curiosity. At 106 mph (I'd bet air drag at that short a distance is minimal) it takes around 0.38 of a second for baseball to travel that distance. Amazing you can even react fast enough to get out of the way....  Also likely means his arm has to be moving at that speed to launch that rocket in the first place. 

8 minutes ago, hoorta said:

:D Ah, you piqued my scientific curiosity. At 106 mph (I'd bet air drag at that short a distance is minimal) it takes around 0.38 of a second for baseball to travel that distance. Amazing you can even react fast enough to get out of the way....  Also likely means his arm has to be moving at that speed to launch that rocket in the first place. 

I think a bat is swung at an even faster speed.  And how fast does a tennis ball go, and how fast is a tennis swing of the racket. And a golf swing etc. 

I bet like racquet balls go even faster. 

And how fast can a hockey puck go?

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I think a bat is swung at an even faster speed.  And how fast does a tennis ball go, and how fast is a tennis swing of the racket. And a golf swing etc. 

I bet like racquet balls go even faster. 

And how fast can a hockey puck go?

Ah yes Gipper, but as a former tennis player, it's a little more involved than that. (FWIW, John Isner currently holds the record for the fastest serve ever recorded at 157 mph) When a tennis ball hits the strings they deform, and there's a slingshot effect as they rebound, not only that, the ball deforms too as it contacts the strings. So how fast your arm is moving when you serve a tennis ball is only part of the equation. (not only that, you're snapping your wrist forward as you serve, and the physics says a little motion in your wrist is going to have a big change 18" away in racket head velocity)  :)    I'd suspect the same is true for a golf ball, but the club probably doesn't do what a tennis racket does....  I won't post the strobe picture, but a baseball deforms the same way on a home run swing. 

Related image

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

By the way, who is Geoff Jones, and and how fast can he get a bat/ball/stick/racket/club/puck/ to go?

Why he's our newest member here.  :)  BTW, the top speed of a soccer ball kick is around 132 mph. Supposedly by Ronaldo. That means on a penalty kick from 36 feet away, the goalkeeper can't react fast enough to stop it. He has to guess before the ball is kicked, hope it's hit right at him, or pray the kicker misses the net.  

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Why he's our newest member here.  :)  BTW, the top speed of a soccer ball kick is around 132 mph. Supposedly by Ronaldo. That means on a penalty kick from 36 feet away, the goalkeeper can't react fast enough to stop it. He has to guess before the ball is kicked, hope it's hit right at him, or pray the kicker misses the net.  

I didn't realize that is was his name.