THE BROWNS BOARD

Path to the Playoffs

crunchy

Hi guys---- I'd suggest not responding to the obsessive compulsive Raven flamer who somehow managed to get back on the Board.... the Mods will summarily delete anything he posts the minute we see it, as well as any replies- & ban him indefinitely- so don't waste your time- we'll take care of it..  :)  

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Your implication was that Cleveland was " on the opposite side"  of Lake Erie from Buffalo...which it is not.  Maybe in addition to geography you should go back and repeat 4th grade English. 

Don’t put words in my mouth. I said what I said which was your side of Lake Erie. Whether it was NORTH , SOUTH, EAST or WEST. I was correct in saying “your side of Lake Erie” You said Cleveland was in the MIDDLE which is definitely NOT correct.

Just face it you speaking about something that you don’t know shit about. It’s no different than the spell check heroes who want to correct people on grammar but at the same time they use words that don’t even exist OR spell things incorrectly. 

Just say in your lane and keep the conversation to the NFL. Can you even get that right.

On 11/6/2019 at 7:17 AM, mastenpark said:

Look at Mayfield Bro. Josh is better in every stat possible including WINS. 

Advanced stats say Allen is worse. He has a worse QBR, worse DVOA, and worse DYAR. 

DVOA and DYAR are like WAR in baseball, so compared to a replacement level QB, Allen is worse. Allen also has fewer passing yards.

You don't need these advanced stats to tell you Allen is pure garbage though, you can easily tell that by watching him play 😂

1 hour ago, mastenpark said:

Don’t put words in my mouth. I said what I said which was your side of Lake Erie. Whether it was NORTH , SOUTH, EAST or WEST. I was correct in saying “your side of Lake Erie” You said Cleveland was in the MIDDLE which is definitely NOT correct.

Just face it you speaking about something that you don’t know shit about. It’s no different than the spell check heroes who want to correct people on grammar but at the same time they use words that don’t even exist OR spell things incorrectly. 

Just say in your lane and keep the conversation to the NFL. Can you even get that right.

You couldn’t keep up with any subject I may be able to challenge you with. I didn’t put words in your mouth. Your mouth just didn’t express your words very well

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

And its a good thing one of you are.  

I will be glad to turn over the job of being the troll hammer over to you....if you have the balls to take on that role.  Do you?

I've been thinking about that one, I didn't know that we had such a job as being a (or the?) official troll 🔨 hammer.   I'd love to see the job description on that one.  :lol:

And does it take balls to do that job?  I thought all you really needed was an ignore button.....but occasionally it can be fun to just mess with them before "Larry the Hammer" comes in and exits them out.

15 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Back to the Path to the Playoffs. I'll steal a phrase from in-country Vietnam vets, "The light at the end of the tunnel is...............................???........................🚅."

Any  path to the play offs ended for me at Denver. Denver was a must win. It was the first game of the favorable schedule we had to win to make a run and we didn't get the job done.  I think the Browns will beat the Bills this week and I think they will have some more nice wins this year but I think we are going to fall short of the play offs and we will look back to the Denver game we should have won as the reason we didn't make it. 

2 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Any  path to the play offs ended for me at Denver. Denver was a must win. It was the first game of the favorable schedule we had to win to make a run and we didn't get the job done.  I think the Browns will beat the Bills this week and I think they will have some more nice wins this year but I think we are going to fall short of the play offs and we will look back to the Denver game we should have won as the reason we didn't make it. 

All must win games left is never a good scenario.  

2017 to 2018 to 2019 was a huge disappointment.

8 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I don't disagree with Denver turning point, but Buff is even better at stopping offenses from scoring.

4 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

All must win games left is never a good scenario.  

2017 to 2018 to 2019 was a huge disappointment.

2018 without Huey was far more hopeful, but Freddie / Baker are making pumpkin pie 🎃🎃 in October / November 2019.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I don't disagree with Denver turning point, but Buff is even better at stopping offenses from scoring.

2018 without Huey was far more hopeful, but Freddie / Baker are making pumpkin pie 🎃🎃 in November.

Buffalo had a weaker schedule in the beginning and unlike the Browns with Denver took care of business and beat the teams they should have beaten. I predicted the Browns would beat Denver and I thought they would beat them convincingly (and they might have done it if they wouldn't have missed so many opportunities). So being wrong in my first prediction I'll step out on a limb and predict the Browns will finally put together a complete game, play up to their potential and get a nice win at home against the Bills. Famous last words, we'll see.

2 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Buffalo had a weaker schedule in the beginning and unlike the Browns with Denver took care of business and beat the teams they should have beaten. I predicted the Browns would beat Denver and I thought they would beat them convincingly (and they might have done it if they wouldn't have missed so many opportunities). So being wrong in my first prediction I'll step out on a limb and predict they will finally put together a complete game, play up to their potential and get a nice win at home against the Bills. Famous last words, we'll see.

And I put down $500 and took the Buffs +3 points for a win against us. Of course my wife only allows me to play on the playmoney betting site, so there's that.🤑

In two weeks I had turned $600 in starter money into over $1700. She didn't like that. Thought it might encourage me to open a real Vegas sports betting account.😛

13 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

2018 without Huey was far more hopeful, but Freddie / Baker are making pumpkin pie 🎃🎃 in October / November 2019.

I almost hate to say but I'm more interested in OHIO STATE vs Michigan and the BIG TEN finish and the playoffs than the BROWNS......sad.

The biggest trolls on this board since I've been here in August 2016 have been the BROWNS performance on the field..... again sad.

GO BROWNS, forever a diehard fan..... naturally!

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And I put down $500 and took the Buffs +3 points for a win against us. Of course my wife only allows me to play on the playmoney betting site, so there's that.🤑

In two weeks I had turned $600 in starter money into over $1700. She didn't like that. Thought it might encourage me to open a real Vegas sports betting account.😛

That's the spirit!  Go for it! And double down with real hard......cash........ah, wait a minute.  But $600 to $1,700 is good in any game.  Even the stock market.  :lol:

Just now, mjp28 said:

That's the spirit!  Go for it! And double down with real hard......cash........ah, wait a minute.  But $600 to $1,700 is good in any game.  Even the stock market.  :lol:

Monopoly here we come!  LOL!   One year I came home from Vegas with a small roulette wheel and had my son (then about 8-9) play with me. Now I should have known better. The year before he had won a 30 person cake walk at school 3 straight times and for a year talked about winning again at the school fair. Despite all my talk about that just being luck, the following year he did not win with first try. He won with the second for a cake he liked better anyway. And when we met a friend of mine at Disneyworld in Florida, he won a free day pass which he then gave to my friend so it cost him nothing to enter. Anyway despite my trying to convince him not to put all his money on #1 on the roulette wheel, he broke the bank when it hit💰💰. Game over and dad's a proven idiot.🙃

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You couldn’t keep up with any subject I may be able to challenge you with. I didn’t put words in your mouth. Your mouth just didn’t express your words very well

No your brain didn’t comprehend correctly because  you are slow. I know plenty of of people like you, people who only sound smart to dummies. Sorry you can’t pull that BS on me. You are nothing but a forum troll. Good back under the rock you came from

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I've been thinking about that one, I didn't know that we had such a job as being a (or the?) official troll 🔨 hammer.   I'd love to see the job description on that one.  :lol:

And does it take balls to do that job?  I thought all you really needed was an ignore button.....but occasionally it can be fun to just mess with them before "Larry the Hammer" comes in and exits them out.

The Ignore button?  aka, the coward's way out?

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The Ignore button?  aka, the coward's way out?

I've never used it -but- I was tempted a time or two but what fun is that?

1 hour ago, mastenpark said:

No your brain didn’t comprehend correctly because  you are slow. I know plenty of of people like you, people who only sound smart to dummies. Sorry you can’t pull that BS on me. You are nothing but a forum troll. Good back under the rock you came from

THIS is the rock I came from.  And fyi, we have a different definition of what constitutes a troll around here.  

And as that is, YOU are the troll....and I am the Big Billy Goat.  Or, at least, I was.  That job is now given over to Dutch. Let's see how he treats you. 

(oh, and fyi, I CAN pull any BS on you I want. This is our world, you are  only an amoeba living in it).

Well, come along! I've got two spears,
And I'll poke your eyeballs out at your ears;
I've got besides two curling-stones,
And I'll crush you to bits, body and bones.

That was what the big billy goat said. And then he flew at the troll, and poked his eyes out with his horns, and crushed him to bits, body and bones, and tossed him out into the cascade, and after that he went up to the hillside.

8 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

we not going to beat the bills....they have a very good defense.....i see baker running for his life...hopefully he won't get injured....they will run the ball against our soft defense...i see a 31-10 bills win.....back to the drawing board freddy.....

20 hours ago, The Gipper said:

THIS is the rock I came from.  And fyi, we have a different definition of what constitutes a troll around here.  

And as that is, YOU are the troll....and I am the Big Billy Goat.  Or, at least, I was.  That job is now given over to Dutch. Let's see how he treats you. 

(oh, and fyi, I CAN pull any BS on you I want. This is our world, you are  only an amoeba living in it).

Well, come along! I've got two spears,
And I'll poke your eyeballs out at your ears;
I've got besides two curling-stones,
And I'll crush you to bits, body and bones.

That was what the big billy goat said. And then he flew at the troll, and poked his eyes out with his horns, and crushed him to bits, body and bones, and tossed him out into the cascade, and after that he went up to the hillside.

Ok I didn’t ask which rock you come from under, I’m just glad you confirmed that you did come from under A rock. This board need to find better representation than “The Gipper”! ASAP

I just want to talk about Football, Go Bills.

14 hours ago, browns52 said:

we not going to beat the bills....they have a very good defense.....i see baker running for his life...hopefully he won't get injured....they will run the ball against our soft defense...i see a 31-10 bills win.....back to the drawing board freddy.....

You are speaking as a realist. I am speaking as a Homer. I think they may have a shot because it is a home game (OK home games haven't seemed to make any difference before with the Browns)...I do think Buffalo has played a weaker schedule to this point and their wins have not come against quality teams and their losses were to the more quality teams.  I just think this team has too much talent and is due to put in a complete game and play to their potential. If I'm wrong I'm wrong...I was wrong last week. I thought for sure they would beat Denver and actually should have beaten Denver but they found multiple ways to pull defeat out of the jaws of victory.

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

You are speaking as a realist. I am speaking as a Homer. I think they may have a shot because it is a home game (OK home games haven't seemed to make any difference before with the Browns)...I do think Buffalo has played a weaker schedule to this point and their wins have not come against quality teams and their losses were to the more quality teams.  I just think this team has too much talent and is due to put in a complete game and play to their potential. If I'm wrong I'm wrong...I was wrong last week. I thought for sure they would beat Denver and actually should have beaten Denver but they found multiple ways to pull defeat out of the jaws of victory.

At the moment Vegas agrees by 3 points added to the Buffalo score.

3 hours ago, mastenpark said:

Ok I didn’t ask which rock you come from under, I’m just glad you confirmed that you did come from under A rock. This board need to find better representation than “The Gipper”! ASAP

I just want to talk about Football, Go Bills.

My representation costs $200  an hour.  If you want better, you will have to pay more than that. 

And here is some football talk:   my foot kicks you right in the balls.   And it makes everyone happy except you....trollina.

On 11/8/2019 at 7:10 AM, mjp28 said:

The  problem as a Mod is I  can't  use the ignore  button.  I would have  liked to used  when we had Ghoolie  running  amok. At least  he's mostly  behaved  and stayed  away. Unlike  our recent obsessive compulsive Raven troll with aggression  tendencies, and over identification with a  certain  team. Like  he's  somehow  responsible for  their  success.  

Yeah, I'm pretty much done  arguing with  trolls,  but there's  various  levels of  trolldom. Our Bills  fan really  isn't  one. He's  at least civil and  talking  football.  That was until  Gipper  started arguing  geography. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Our Bills  fan really  isn't  one. He's  at least civil and  talking  football.  That was until  Gipper  started arguing  geography. 

Are you saying that you mods did not give Gip the job of "Troll Slayer"? 😉

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I don't know if they did or not.  But:   A. Don't you think that job needs to be designated?   And B.  As I have stated, I relinquish the job to you....so now we shall see if you are up to it. 

(wagering is not trending in your favor)

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The ironic part is that the "troll Slayer or hammer" or whatever are actually the #1 troll enablers.   That's why trolls are trolls they like poking sticks at the dumb people who actually joust with them.

D'UH.   Don't feed the trolls and they get bored and leave.  Get into it with them and they'll never leave.  Some people just can't figure that out.

• Upvote 1