THE BROWNS BOARD

The last 3 drafts

Icecube

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/draft.htm

Some are griping that even the last 3 drafts weren't that great. I disagree. Compared to the 20 before it, I think they were mostly solid. 

2.46 (but their 1st pick). Greedy. Jury is not out. Knock on him was he wasn't physical enough, but neither was Deion Sanders, and if he became 70% of DS, he'd be a great pick. I haven't seen enough to know yet if the kid is a player or not, but he could be.

3.80 Takitaki, LB. Has 2 tackles for his career so far. Was hoping for more production, even as a rookie. Not looking bright.

4.119 Sheldrick Redwine, S. Does he ever see the field? Liked his speed (4.44) and diversity (played CB some) but where's the beef?

5.155 Mack Wilson, LB. Most had high hopes for him, and he's not been bad (about 5 tackles a game, about 2 less a game then Devin Bush, who is raved about). For a 5th rounder, pretty good.

5.170 Kicker. Solid.

1.1 Baker. By end season last year, everyone would say it was a genius pick, right now? Not so much. We just don't know yet. 

1.4 D. Ward, CB. He sure looked like the real deal before he got hurt. He better be an annual pro bowler taken 4th pick over all. We'll see. He isn't there yet.

2.33 Corbett, C/OG. Very bad bust. A SECOND round OG should dominate. He hasn't.

2.35 Chubb, HB. Super pick. Just has to stop fumbling. 

3.67 Chad Thomas, DE. Who? Does he play? Not a tackle never mind a sack.

4.105 Calloway, WR. Has the skill set to make plays, some character issues hung around. Work in progress. 

1.1 Garrett, DE. Talent is undeniable. 2nd in league in sacks (10). Now we need to see him make some "difference maker" type of plays. Not a disappointment yet. Could approach 20 sacks this season.

1.25 Peppers, S. I felt he was overrated and drafted too high. Traded him away regardless, but he's still playing. I felt his athleticism didn't always translate in his play.  He has a total of 1 int this season but does average about 8 tackles a game. 

1.29 Njoke, TE. I feel there were better players at this spot (TJ Watt), and all I ever hear about is how "talented" he is. Ummm, going on 3rd year, where is the production to go along with all that talent? (I know he has been hurt). 

----------------You might better players with THREE 1st round picks-------------------------

2.52 Kizer, QB. This is a high pick to waste. Has the NFL size and arm, just not the brain. I never thought he was gonna be any good.

3.65 Ogunjobi, DT. Not bad at all. 

No one else, really.

All said and done, we don't know everything, but it appears the drafting has improved over the decade before these 3, I think. 

43 minutes ago, Icecube said:

No thoughts on this?

Dorsey can draft good talent. But till we assemble a complete* working coaching staff..We will continue to see guys like Shelton/Erving/Duke/Fells/Peppers/Hyde/Rodrick Johnson/G.Avery/ect.ect...get to better coaching staffs that simply coach these guys better at their positions including knowing what they can't do.. am keeping my eyes on Corbett at the Rams next 👀 Bad coaching staffs don't slip into playoffs 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Dorsey can draft good talent. But till we assemble a complete* working coaching staff..We will continue to see guys like Shelton/Erving/Duke/Fells/Peppers/Hyde/Rodrick Johnson/G.Avery/ect.ect...get to better coaching staffs that simply coach these guys better at their positions including knowing what they can't do.. am keeping my eyes on Corbett at the Rams next 👀 Bad coaching staffs don't slip into playoffs 

I'd love to know how the coaches' meetings are going. 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 2:38 PM, Icecube said:

No thoughts on this?

On 11/8/2019 at 4:49 PM, Icecube said:

Some are griping that even the last 3 drafts weren't that great. I disagree. Compared to the 20 before it, I think they were mostly solid. 

If you look at your "analysis" of each individual pick, there's not a single one you either don't pick at (if not apart) or say is "too early to tell."

Hard to see how that adds up to "disagreeing" and "mostly solid".