THE BROWNS BOARD

Supreme Court ruling that can go south fast

they won't win. On principle - it's the crime doers decision to commit crimes with an object. You can bet it's just the liberal parents who are pursuing this nonsense. But yes, if the parents do win... it sets a precedent up for frivolous lawsuits. Unless Remington advertised using guns to commit crimes......"sigh"

but once the facts come out, the stupid sue-ers sp? will have to admit the Bushmaster is just another

semi-auto rifle and they should have not gone that direction. Did they ever sue the murderer's family?

22 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Did they ever sue the murderer's family?

They could sue the family but there is no money in it or influence upon greater issues.

I won’t comment on the parents because they are clearly facing it from a perspective that I am not. They had their kids gunned down and may just see this as a means of getting assault weapons de facto banned out of grief and anger. There are plenty of conservatives who unfortunately feel that way. The “Fudd” moniker exists for a reason in 2A circles.

That said, I hope the families lose. The Pandora’s box of them winning would extend far beyond firearms. Every domestic producer of literally any consumer good could stand to lose big time.

It seems like we work hard to get constitutional judges on the Supreme Court only to get rulings such as this. Discouraging and disappointing. There may be more to this ruling I am not understanding but just on the face of it seems like a big loss to the second amendment. Gun manufacturers may be forced out of business which is what this is all about anyway.

• Thanks 1

I figure that allowing the lawsuit to continue - is there some kind of legal precident sp? for harm done by using some product incorrectly/illegally?

Like, the 9/11 families can sue the manufacturer of the box cutters?

yes, it is more financial intimidation of the makers of a product that can be used in crimes.

so can pepper spray. car manufacturers, knives, ropes, you name it?

if the lawsuit is actually successful, our whole legal system becomes their leftwing weapon of choice.

Anyone find the details of the voting and/or the written opinions set down by the court for and against? I'd like more details than this article provides as to why they made that majority decision, especially since this is a conservative majority court now.

EDIT: I did find this article. https://www.npr.org/2019/11/12/778487920/supreme-court-allows-sandy-hook-families-case-against-remington-to-proceed

" The court opted not to hear the gun-maker's appeal, in a decision that was announced Tuesday morning. The justices did not include any comment about the case, Remington Arms Co. v. Soto, as they turned it away. "

So apparently they went with a majority vote to let the lower court ruling stand for now without details as to vote or opinions why either way. The lawsuit is based on how they marketed a military grade weapon to the public.

As we have found out in prior Supreme Court rulings the so called conservative majority in the Supreme Court are not so conservative as we are led to believe. Rarely do the democrat appointed justices break ranks and they vote in solidarity but all the time you see one of the so called conservative justices break ranks and join the liberal justices.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:18 PM, Vambo said:

This is crazy stuff a gun is just a tool " Snap On being sued because people were killed with hammer and screwdriver"...

A tool used for the purpose of killing. It did what it was designed to do. Hand tools were not made for the purpose of killing.

Don't get me wrong, I am pro gun and completely against any leftist contrived gun law legislation, but these analogies...such as the often used gun/car kill me. Pun intended lol.

3 hours ago, Gorka said:

A tool used for the purpose of killing. It did what it was designed to do. Hand tools were not made for the purpose of killing.

Don't get me wrong, I am pro gun and completely against any leftist contrived gun law legislation, but these analogies...such as the often used gun/car kill me. Pun intended lol.

It can also be used to preserve and save lives in the right hands...but anything or just bare hands can be used for killing.

• Upvote 1