THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns waive LB Malik Jefferson

Vambo

On 11/13/2019 at 12:16 PM, Zombo said:

If we bring Forbes back, I'm not sure who goes on the O-line? What did everyone think of Teller's start? Is Kush expendable now?

Obviously Calloway was the expendable one...

Forbes has OT/OG swing capability which sets him apart... as for Teller v Kush. Teller is the better PassPro OG; Kush the better run OG. And Kush is the more Run/Pass balanced of the two. But neither is very good so it really depends on who shows more promise. It's early, but I think that's Teller

Hardly matters tho... going to be a decent Day 2 to go OG fishing come the 2020 Draft.... including an UGA RG named Ben Cleveland. It might be destiny...

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Hardly matters tho... going to be a decent Day 2 to go OG fishing come the 2020 Draft.... including an UGA RG named Ben Cleveland. It might be destiny...

He plays at home this weekend against my Ags on CBS @ 330 EDT. UGA is a 13 point favorite. Would be worth watching how well he opens holes for Swift.

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Obviously Calloway was the expendable one...

Forbes has OT/OG swing capability which sets him apart... as for Teller v Kush. Teller is the better PassPro OG; Kush the better run OG. And Kush is the more Run/Pass balanced of the two. But neither is very good so it really depends on who shows more promise. It's early, but I think that's Teller

I was surprised that it took Teller so long to beat him out.

My impressions were that Kush was a grinder that'll give you 100% hanging in the NFL on guts alone, and that Teller actually had starter potential and has that possibility of filling the hole long-term.

Seems like our pass protection is better since we put Teller in there and brought Robinson back from his one game banishment.

But yes, I won't be surprised if we go OL more than once in the first couple days of draft.

Zombo

Still have an underclass to declare, but this is not looking like a strong OL class at the top and its depth is questionable as well...especially at OT.

I'm looking forward to some deep diving come the New Year.

21 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Still have an underclass to declare, but this is not looking like a strong OL class at the top and its depth is questionable as well...especially at OT.

I'm looking forward to some deep diving come the New Year.

Well, where would the Browns draft if they go like 9-7 or 8-8?  (Hopefully 9-7 or....10-6!!).

Middle of round one? 

Are you really making us go into searching the draft mode?  Oi!

Since you insisted we go there, here are the CBS  2020 NFL draft prospects that they have rated from position #10 to 20:

10 Javon Kinlaw South Carolina Sr DL 1 6-6 310    
11 A.J. Epenesa Iowa Jr EDGE 2 6-6 280    
12 Henry Ruggs III Alabama Jr WR 3 6-0 190    
13 Derrick Brown Auburn Sr DL 2 6-5 318    
14 Kristian Fulton LSU Sr CB 2 6-0 200    
15 Tristan Wirfs Iowa Jr OL 2 6-5 322    
16 D'Andre Swift Georgia Jr RB 1 5-9 215    
17 Kenneth Murray Oklahoma Jr LB 1 6-2 234    
18 Tee Higgins Clemson Jr WR 4 6-4 215    
19 Yetur Gross-Matos Penn St. Jr EDGE 3 6-5 264    
20 Laviska Shenault Jr. Colorado Jr WR 5 6-2 220  

See anything there we can use?   What about Wirfs the OL from Iowa?  or the LB from Oklahoma? 

FYI,  both #1  AND #2 on this list are Ohio State Buckeyes:   Chase Young DE and Jeff Okudah DB