THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 14 NFL TV Maps

dusty

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Dentists? IRS agents? NFL referees? I'm sure there are a few more.

But when you are in trouble lawyers might not be so evil......but you can still make good jokes about them.

the-judicial-rulings-are-over-here-that-section-is-all-lawyer-jokes-new-yorker-cartoon_u-l-pgss620.jpg

If I'm in trouble I would want the most evil lawyer I could get. I meant "evil"  literally. "Necessary Evil" is usually tongue in cheek when used. Going to the dentist is a necessary evil. Dentists aren't really evil.

Lawyers are. Not all of course, only in certain fields.  They are in the business of lying to protect their client.

Lawyers who advertise "I will make them pay" rubs me the wrong way. It sounds conniving, greedy, and immoral and is a reflection of the kind of person they really are. These types cater to conniving, greedy, and immoral "victims" looking to get rich.

Then there's the frivolous lawsuits...once a woman and her attorney filed suit against a hospital because the X-Ray machine took away her psychic powers.

Not surprising at all that lawyers are among the least trusted professions by their own doing.

professions.jpg

And how many members of congress are lawyers?

This is way off the sports beat but since you asked......oh and I don't mind a lawyer as a senator or congressman in general because they can understand the law and laws but a mix of professions is a good idea.  (I've looked this up before.)  In the 115th Congress:

Education

• 18 Members of the House have no educational degree beyond a high school diploma.
  • 8 Members of the House have associate’s degrees as their highest degrees.
  • 100 Members of the House and 21 Senators earned a master’s degree as their highest attained degrees.
  • 167 Members of the House (37.8 percent of the House) and 55 Senators (55 percent of the Senate) hold law degrees.
  • 22 Representatives and 2 Senators have doctoral (Ph.D., D.Phil., Ed.D., or D. Min) degrees.
  • 18 Members of the House and three Senators have medical degrees.
  • 4 Representatives and 1 Senator in the 115th Congress are graduates of the U.S. Military Academy, 2 Senators graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy, and 1 Representative graduated from the U.S. Air Force Academy.
  • 1 Senator and 2 Representatives were Rhodes Scholars, 2 Representatives were Fulbright Scholars, 2 Representatives were Marshall Scholars, and 1 Senator and 1 Representative were Truman Scholars.

And I'm so glad that nurses are the most trusted profession since I've been married to one for 38 years.

I like nurses, well female nurses.   :wub:

f I'm in trouble I would want the most evil lawyer I could get. I meant "evil"  literally. "Necessary Evil" is usually tongue in cheek when used. Going to the dentist is a necessary evil. Dentists aren't really evil.

Lawyers are. Not all of course, only in certain fields.  They are in the business of lying to protect their client.

Lawyers who advertise "I will make them pay" rubs me the wrong way. It sounds conniving, greedy, and immoral and is a reflection of the kind of person they really are. These types cater to conniving, greedy, and immoral "victims" looking to get rich.

Then there's the frivolous lawsuits...once a woman and her attorney filed suit against a hospital because the X-Ray machine took away her psychic powers.

Not surprising at all that lawyers are among the least trusted professions by their own doing.

You paid not one bit of attention to what I said.

And beyond that, here is a clue for you:  It is far, far more the case that it is the client's that have unreasonable expectations, and make unreasonable demands than it it the attorneys.  Attorneys more often have to tamp down the greedy nature...the "looking to get rich" expectations...that clients bring to them.  I know this from personal experience, obviously. 

And here is a profession that would/could/should be among the lowest on the trust scale:  Insurance company adjustors.   Very often they will deny a person's claim, not because it is not legitimate, but because in  fair enough percentage of cases they hope that the denial will mean that the person will just accept that and not pursue the claim and the insurance company will save a lot of money that way.   Similar things happen in Auto Warranty claims.....the insurance company will just tell someone who bought a warranty:  "oh, that is not covered under the policy"...when they know damn well that it is. 

12 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Plumbers.

:P

I like our plumber he's a really cool guy and has been coming here since our house was new 34 years ago. 

34 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

That he is a nice guy does not make him any less of an evil necessity. 

Fair to say?

He's a lifesaver when you're in a jam gave us his home number if we need him....just like an attorney.  And I never called attorneys necessary evils they actually are good to know and have a good relationship with.

I know I've told you in the past I've had a lot of contact with attorneys, judges, politicians and the like even have several in the family.

Used to live across the street from a municipal Court judge who was a family friend and my one brother's godfather.  I live across the street now from an attorney who is the assistant mahoning country prosecutor that does my notary work.

And in grad school I used to golf with three law school guys who are all now lawyers......but one I had to watch because he cheated AND I was related to him.

So I understand lawyers or attorneys or whatever you need to call them all to well.....even you Gipper!  ;)

...... remember if you're in trouble call your mommy when you're in big trouble call your lawyer.

• Zombo locked this topic