THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Board Bowl Mania

Zombo

Whoa with only two Monday games left it is really close with the top 4 having a shot depending on the games picked and the results.

Right now just 1 point separates #1 and #2.    Check it out.....

Screenshot_2020-01-04_222926.jpg

in my drunk'en state (belch) i see a 14 point margin, then I got 31 points still to play with.. Now you other 3 lovable losers... Who ya taken Monday night?  I got both Tigers 🐅..hear me Roar !!

1 minute ago, gumby73 said:

in my drunk'en state (belch) i see a 14 point margin, then I got 31 points still to play with.. Now you other 3 lovable losers... Who ya taken Monday night?  I got both Tigers 🐅..hear me Roar !!

You Mr Gumby might have the best shot of the four left in the running.  Now we see what happens. ;)

12 hours ago, mjp28 said:

You Mr Gumby might have the best shot of the four left in the running.  Now we see what happens. ;)

No "might" about it... if he picks two winners, then he's got it.

Sneaky trying to influence others to his picks...

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

No "might" about it... if he picks two winners, then he's got it.

Sneaky trying to influence others to his picks...

I would never do that........... unless I thought I could get away with it.  :lol:

But there's always the upsets !  And the various combinations of points left by the four players. If everyone misses everything then Mark O. wins by 1, eh ? Might happen.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

I would never do that........... unless I thought I could get away with it.  :lol:

LSU *Tigers vs Clemson *Tigers..... and Am taking a Tiger 1 hour before kickoff regardless... so I still never did that either 🤓...Go Tigers!!

10 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

LSU *Tigers vs Clemson *Tigers..... and Am taking a Tiger 1 hour before kickoff regardless... so I still never did that either 🤓...Go Tigers!!

Are you going to flip a coin?  In any event that might be a tricky choice LSU seeking their first undefeated season since 1959 -or- the defending champions Clemson.

Should be a good game.  One thing is pretty sure after the game one will be #1 and the other #2. OHIO STATE should be #3.

I"m on a hot streak. After screwing up every couple of games, I finally sunk to 11th place because:

I went with the big majority and picked Auburn for big points. LOST

Then I went with two upsets, which you HAVE to pick ...and always happen...

but Wisconsin LOST.

and I went with another huge upset. Stupid Baylor. lol

l
2.png&w=0&h=50&scale=none12Auburn Tigers9-3
15%
85%

35 pts
Rose Bowl Game By Northwestern Mutual
Wed, Jan 1
5:10PM
ESPN
2483.png&w=0&h=50&scale=none6Oregon Ducks11-2
52%
48%

36 pts
Allstate Sugar Bowl
Wed, Jan 1
8:45PM
ESPN
239.png&w=0&h=50&scale=none7Baylor Bears11-2
74%
26%

37 pts

Well Miami of Ohio had the early lead -but- La 17-7 in the 3rd and looking stronger.  Things are starting to fall into place.

.......but if Miami pulls this out look out for Browns149.

It comes down to 3 options for 3 players:

If mjp and Gumby lose mark wins.

If mjp wins and Gumby loses mjp wins

If Gumby wins then Gumby wins..... that's easy!

........edit add, and Browns149 got screwed by Miami they blew a shot at getting back into the game or he'd be #1 now with a 41 pick left.  ;)

16 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

If Gumby wins then Gumby wins..... that's easy!       GO  TIGERS!! 🐅

........edit add, and Browns149 got screwed by Miami they blew a shot at getting back into the game or he'd be #1 now with a 41 pick left.  ;)  Well played, i saw ya coming..whew.. 

i promise.. any way this thing goes...I lose...(details after gameday)

3 hours ago, Mark O said:

My pick is not changing.   I'm staying with what I had from day 1 and will ride it out.    Hoping to win this again even though confidence points still suck.

I'm glad that you said that I much prefer the lines it makes almost every pick somewhat equal in difficulty.

BUT the con points do put a whole new dimension into the game with the "sure winners" and longshots on how to allocate your points -or- do you save the big points all toward the end where you can pull the comeback move.

Either way it is an entertaining contest very similar to the March Madness college tournament which is coming up real soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And Gumby no hints on your favorite brand of tigers, bayou or Carolina ???  :lol:

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I'm glad that you said that I much prefer the lines it makes almost every pick somewhat equal in difficulty.

BUT the con points do put a whole new dimension into the game with the "sure winners" and longshots on how to allocate your points -or- do you save the big points all toward the end where you can pull the comeback move.

Either way it is an entertaining contest very similar to the March Madness college tournament which is coming up real soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And Gumby no hints on your favorite brand of tigers, bayou or Carolina ???  :lol:

I wouldn't play if it was based on point spreads, this format is much more fun (to me anyway).

I always seem to suck at the "low value" picks.

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

at least I ended up well away from last place. lol

dammit. I guess I should watch a little more college football next season,

but so little extra time.

Yes and college football is on almost every day of the week besides Saturday now.  Besides the BROWNS of course I've enjoyed college more than the NFL for years now.

.......oh being retired helps! :)

On 1/7/2020 at 5:24 AM, gumby73 said:

i promise.. any way this thing goes...I lose...(details after gameday)

So... Details? 

Congrats! 

1 hour ago, Nero said:

So... Details? 

Congrats! 

Gameday kickoff is this coming up Monday in Primetime about 8PM EDT.. You should see sunrise before this classic starts or gets over? 🛌💤   

3 hours ago, Nero said:

So... Details? 

My guess? It's regional rooting vs. winning the Mania... heart vs. braggin' rights.

I'd give the above 39 Confidence Points...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Gameday kickoff is this coming up Monday in Primetime about 8PM EDT.. You should see sunrise before this classic starts or gets over? 🛌💤   

My bad. I saw Zombo updating the Champions thread and I thought you had already won. 

2AM here. Pitch black here, and being January, the sun rises at 8-9AM... 

On 1/9/2020 at 10:16 PM, Tour2ma said:

My guess? It's regional rooting vs. winning the Mania... heart vs. braggin' rights.

I'd give the above 39 Confidence Points...

When in doubt bet with your heart......way more fun but can get expensive !      :huh:

Oh the big tiger showdown is tonight.

it comes down to this as it should LSU vs Clemson and in our little arena mjp vs gumby winner take all.

Good luck pal.

Screenshot_2020-01-13_203939.jpg

The final standings, congratulations to gumby on his Bowl Mania Championship and thanks to all of us losers for making it all possible yet again.

See you next season.

Screenshot_2020-01-14_001857.jpg

• Thanks 1