THE BROWNS BOARD

Glad Mangini passed

Dawgstucknpa

Per: Fanball.com

The News

Michael Crabtree had an incident last week that made coach Mike Singletary "prescribe extra running for the entire team," according to the Santa Rosa Press Democrat.

Our View

Crabtree, who is still rehabbing from a foot injury, was late to a team meeting. It is said that he offered no apology to teammates for causing the extra work. The rookie has had a checkered first offseason, being accused of diva-like behavior, while almost crying in practice last week. Still, as long as he continues to get healthy, he is well worth a mid round draft pick in most formats because of his enormous potential.

This is not what we needed at all. Neither does the 49ers, but someone had to get him. He is very talented, but so is Braylon and we have one "Diva" to deal with already.

Guest Aloysius

To be fair, this was part of the story as well:

But since that episode, Crabtree has come around and his teammates are warming up to him, the source said. I do remember a scene June 8 on the practice field when Singletary was disappointed in the sloppy play and ordered some sideline-to-sideline running during practice. Notably, Crabtree stepped in and began running with his teammates. He had already completed his conditioning/rehab on another field before stepping in to participate in the discipline.

I think this is a reach for a story to be honest. And the crying part - he wanted to practice to show his teammates he was ok to play, but he hadn't completed his rehab fully yet. He wasn't practicing, just running some sprints when Mike Singletary told him to get off the field. Mike talked to him and appreciatred his willingness, but he needs to follow the trainers orders. From what Mike said on Sirius, Crabtree was just busting at the seams to help the team and got a little emotional. No big deal, and something Mike was happy to see - his chomping at the bit to play.

Who knows with rookies, but I think the kid is going to have a decent season.

Based on where we were this past offseason, passing on Crabtree was no-brainer. I feel the same way about passing on AD to take Thomas. We're set at LT.

Now, if Mack pans out and we end up with a quality OL.... I'll be fine watching Crabtree rise to All Pro.

Crabtree will be mediocre at best with his speed and dedication to catching the ball he is going to get hammered a lot and will likely have a short career i hope the kid proves me wrong but i just sense it thats why i was glad we passed on him for...;)

I think robiskie will have a better overall career...;)

700 is a lot of catches... don't you think?

Not if you count practices, drills and the amount of catches Crabtree will get throwing to himself when he plays Madden 10.

Being in SF, I can think of a few more things he could potentially "catch" too.

Archived