THE BROWNS BOARD

Losers once again, will it ever change ?

BrownsfaninPa

Its really getting to be a lost cause to keep  that fan dedication for a team that just can not win games. iTS REALLY sad that this team has lost so many games that I want to just pack away all my BROWNS items and collectibles and just forget I have them. Holding on to the better days during the 80's with the Bernie Kosar era just don't have that same feel anymore.  I have lost my cheering and hoping for this team and I will  start devoting my time for some other team, maybe the Bengals. They can only go up from this dreadful season they had. As for the Browns, its never going to change. The DAWG POUND, has no bite,  it  is neutered.

25 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

I feel like they should've never used the Browns name and colors when we got the expansion team. 

This is the universe sticking it to us for tarnishing the once reputable franchise 

Oh, don't go there.  The name would not have changed the management and ownership  fuckups we have had.  If they had changed it, and the team has played this way,  they would be saying "they should have kept the Browns name".  Yada yada yada.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Oh, don't go there.  The name would not have changed the management and ownership  fuckups we have had.  If they had changed it, and the team has played this way,  they would be saying "they should have kept the Browns name".  Yada yada yada.

I am as upset as anyone about how badly this team has been managed since returning in 99 but I still give credit to those in Cleveland who worked hard to keep the Browns name and colors. Once Cleveland would have lost the Browns name and colors it likely would have been lost forever. We still have hope right now that one day we will have a Browns org worthy of our past history. I like having that hope.

Haslam has been a huge disappointment down to the terrible idea of changing the uniforms. Here is some simple advice for him. Get some competent people with a history of winning in the NFL and put them in place and then leave them alone and in charge. What we have been doing in blowing things up every 1 to 2 years is comparable to a farmer planting seed then digging up the seed a few days later to see how it is doing before it gets a chance to grow.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I am as upset as anyone about how badly this team has been managed since returning in 99 but I still give credit to those in Cleveland who worked hard to keep the Browns name and colors. Once Cleveland would have lost the Browns name and colors it likely would have been lost forever. We still have hope right now that one day we will have a Browns org worthy of our past history. I like having that hope.

Haslam has been a huge disappointment down to the terrible idea of changing the uniforms. Here is some simple advice for him. Get some competent people with a history of winning in the NFL and put them in place and then leave them alone and in charge. What we have been doing in blowing things up every 1 to 2 years is comparable to a farmer planting seed then digging up the seed a few days later to see how it is doing before it gets a chance to grow.  

It's become obvious Jimmy and Dee need to sell and get out of the Football business.... They are terrible custodians of the Franchise...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BrownsfaninPa said:

Its really getting to be a lost cause to keep  that fan dedication for a team that just can not win games. iTS REALLY sad that this team has lost so many games that I want to just pack away all my BROWNS items and collectibles and just forget I have them. Holding on to the better days during the 80's with the Bernie Kosar era just don't have that same feel anymore.  I have lost my cheering and hoping for this team and I will  start devoting my time for some other team, maybe the Bengals. They can only go up from this dreadful season they had. As for the Browns, its never going to change. The DAWG POUND, has no bite,  it  is neutered.

Are we going full on “woe is me” already? Ok. Woe is you. Take your toys. Go home. 

The Bengals will serve you well l’m sure. Might need to change that screen name...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Are we going full on “woe is me” already? Ok. Woe is you. Take your toys. Go home. 

The Bengals will serve you well l’m sure. Might need to change that screen name...

Oh don't worry about me changing my user name, I wont be on here to care anymore. Besides I just signed up on a Bengals message board, so you can bleed brown all you want, I will be freeing myself from the "woe is me" fan base .

2 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

I feel like they should've never used the Browns name and colors when we got the expansion team. 

This is the universe sticking it to us for tarnishing the once reputable franchise 

Nope.

The sad reality is Art tarnished the once reputable franchise by firing Paul Brown. Outside of around a dozen seasons since 1964, our favorite team has been lousy.

Like Gipper said, bad owner/management decisions. Tagliabue making sure to stick it to Cleveland by putting the Ratbirds in our division. The inability to dig out of the doldrums is maddening for sure.

It sucks, but I'm still here, still will buy season tickets again. The Browns are and always will be my favorite team. 

Outside of the 3 hour debacle yesterday, Phoenix was fun. 

IMG_20191215_113509_1.jpg

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Nope.

The sad reality is Art tarnished the once reputable franchise by firing Paul Brown. Outside of around a dozen seasons since 1964, our favorite team has been lousy.

Like Gipper said, bad owner/management decisions. Tagliabue making sure to stick it to Cleveland by putting the Ratbirds in our division. The inability to dig out of the doldrums is maddening for sure.

It sucks, but I'm still here, still will buy season tickets again. The Browns are and always will be my favorite team. 

Outside of the 3 hour debacle yesterday, Phoenix was fun. 

IMG_20191215_113509_1.jpg

Art tarnished the Browns reputation, but it has nothing to do with the firing of Paul Brown. Numerous Browns players from the 1964 Championship team are on record saying that they would not have won the title if Paul Brown was still head coach. In fact, Blanton Collier's win percentage as head coach of the Browns is IDENTICAL to Paul Brown's NFL record as the head coach of the Browns. 

It was after Blanton Collier retired that the Browns turned into a mediocre franchise. From 1971-1995 they appeared in no Super Bowls and were a .500 team. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Art tarnished the Browns reputation, but it has nothing to do with the firing of Paul Brown. Numerous Browns players from the 1964 Championship team are on record saying that they would not have won the title if Paul Brown was still head coach. In fact, Blanton Collier's win percentage as head coach of the Browns is IDENTICAL to Paul Brown's NFL record as the head coach of the Browns. 

It was after Blanton Collier retired that the Browns turned into a mediocre franchise. From 1971-1995 they appeared in no Super Bowls and were a .500 team. 

After Collier... Art's decisions were on the order of "Catastrophic"

1 hour ago, BrownsfaninPa said:

Oh don't worry about me changing my user name, I wont be on here to care anymore. Besides I just signed up on a Bengals message board, so you can bleed brown all you want, I will be freeing myself from the "woe is me" fan base .

Just remember the Bengals went through a dozen losing seasons in the 90's going into the early 2000's. The owner Mike Brown did one thing right with the hiring of Marvin Lewis as HC who immediately turned the team around to where they were making the play offs (even though were always one and done I give Lewis credit for at least making the play offs). With Lewis gone they have won one game this season and you might be going from the frying pan to the fire with switching to the Bengals.

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Speaking of things that never change, Josh Gordon has been suspended indefinitely again. 

He deserves nothing... He's an idiot... He deserves getting canned.. He's an ungrateful ass..... I still have a picture of him sitting inside an Atlanta bar drinking whiskey as he was enroute to his next destination.. It just told me right then where his priorities.. Or lack thereof were...

6 hours ago, BrownsfaninPa said:

ohio pro ball is not a good place to be....root for someone good....been a browns fan since 63 and my second favorite team are the falcons since i live here in atlanta...they are becoming closer to my number 1....of course they are having a bad yr themselves, but at least they go out there and don't quit like these losers...good win vs the niners yesterday....and i like arthur blank...fucking haslem is a loser.....

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Firing a legendary coach isn't a good look. 

Does it work? Yeah, short term as in your example, or Jerry Jones's firing of Tom Landry. Both teams won titles, but certainly tarnished their teams reputation by doing so.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nickers said:

He deserves nothing... He's an idiot... He deserves getting canned.. He's an ungrateful ass..... I still have a picture of him sitting inside an Atlanta bar drinking whiskey as he was enroute to his next destination.. It just told me right then where his priorities.. Or lack thereof were...

how is that moron still in the nfl....its beyond me....

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Just remember the Bengals went through a dozen losing seasons in the 90's going into the early 2000's. The owner Mike Brown did one thing right with the hiring of Marvin Lewis as HC who immediately turned the team around to where they were making the play offs (even though were always one and done I give Lewis credit for at least making the play offs). With Lewis gone they have won one game this season and you might be going from the frying pan to the fire with switching to the Bengals.

they had no choice, you can't keep a coach that for all those playoffs could not get you past the first round.....they did the right thing....

4 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

don't you get it...this owner knows jack shit about football...but i'll bet he knows how to make money by the fans who pay to see the garbage that he produces every yr....maybe i am addicted to the colors..because if they changed them, i would not root for them one iota....they suck that bad...and the future does not look promising....

4 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

4 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

don't be surprised if the ben gals surpass this stupid franchise next yr........i have to say, even my wife laughs at what goes on with this team and she is not a football fan....she likes soap operas so i guess there is a connection between soap operas and the good ole clowns

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

exactly.......haslem would still be here regardless of changes...he'd still be the notorious slimeball stealing the poor clueless folks that go to watch the garbage that he produces on the field....

We finally had our first year of vague competence at both HC and GM at the same time since the franchise restart.. and the response to not winning the SB is to fire folk?  I don't think Kitchens is good at any of play design, play calling [even if the plays were well-designed you still have to sequence them correctly] or clock management.. but he self-scouted after the first few games this season and made substantial changes, so I'm not sure he's entirely hopeless.

The last time we made the playoffs was in spite of the coach&GM, not because of them.. 

3 hours ago, BrownsfaninPa said:

Don’t do it man! The Bengals will never make you happy, not like we can!

We’ll change! I promise we’ll change! We’ll be the best football team you ever wanted to root for.

I know we’ve had our problems lately, but remember the good times too? We’ll get there again. Just like in Baltimore and New York!

5 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

"Already"?  We haven't sucked for 3 years, we've sucked for 30.

This whole goddamned thread is posted full of "woe is me"....which is simply an expression of helplessness, misfortune, and sorrow.

Oh wait...aren't we supposed to be the  " Toughest Fans in All Of Sports"???

9 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Simple advice... difficult execution...

I remember being so optimistic when our FO emerged in '98... Al Lerner... Policy...Dwight Clark... a dedicated owner with Cleveland in his blood and what I thought at the time was the brain trust of the 49ers. Turned out our brains hired Chris Palmer... DeBartolo was what made the 9ers great... and Al died.

The die was cast.

I don't know about you guys but we are still building. Not rebuilding. We've missed Myles. He'll be back. Vernon will be back. Kirko will be back. We should resign Joe the Show and Kareem Hunt and keep this thing intact. I want to see them run this one back. Not time to blow it all up again. It's time to continue to build, we are very close. We need a couple of Offensive Linemen and an impact LB, possibly another Safety. But honestly, we are one of the youngest teams in the NFL. We've got 2 games left and we're still in the hunt. I know we probably won't make it but damn we were close. A couple of wins here and there, wins that were there to be had and we're in this thing. The injuries and the suspensions killed us this year and didn't allow us to reach our potential. 

Kirksey, Garrett, Njoku, Tretter, Ward and Greedy for like 5 weeks, Vernon, the misuse of Higgins, the whole Randall debacle... The flags and penalties killed us. We shot ourselves in the foot. But, that's fixable. I see a great young team that is growing. We've got our QB of the Future. Baker Mayfield. We've got the NFL's leading rusher, a guy that's made me forget about Saquon Barkley, in Nick Chubb. We've got a second workhorse at runningback that is 3 times the player Duke Johnson was in Hunt. We've got some decent pieces on the OL to build off of. We've got several decent TE's, that really got the chance to grow with Njoku being hurt- that will bode well for next season when he's healthy. We've got a cupboard full of talented and still relatively young savvy veteran WRs. The offense is nearly complete. I would keep these guys together no matter what and continue to add to that OL. 

The Defense is in good shape, Myles will be back. And I'd wager that he's going to be a pissed off force to be reckoned with next year. My god, I pity the fool that has to line up against him, he's probably pumping iron and chewing on screws right now! The rest of the line should be back, we'll need a backup/replacement for Vernon- I don't know the significance of his injury but the season is long and we need to be solid on both sides of the line all year. I like the idea of adding another linebacker but I don't want to lose any of our guys. Kirksey, Shobert, and Wilson are pretty good and next year will be better. The secondary is still young but those boys can fly. When the pressure on the QB was there they were locking it down. Without the pressure they have to cover longer and guys are getting open. 

In reality, we all knew we were a another draft away. We all hoped, as we always do that this could be there year... it might still be, but it's certainly one of the best young rosters to start out with next year, adding a few crucial pieces will completely overhaul this team into a contender. I'm more optimistic than I've ever been about our future. Am I disappointed? Yeah, but I've also been watching the Browns for a long time and the failings of this team didn't happen in a vacuum, the reasons have been clear. Penalties, Suspensions and Injuries have been reason for our woes. Next year we start with a clean fresh slate and I for one pity the team that draws us for week 1.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Next year we start with a clean fresh slate and I for one pity the team that draws us for week 1.

Tee up that football Lucy, we're just getting warmed up now. 🏈

BTW AJ Green may just play the last two games for Cincy against Miami and the Browns. "Lucyyyyyyyyy..........................!!!!"-Desi

• Upvote 1

On 12/16/2019 at 2:24 PM, BrownsfaninPa said:

Bengals???...if you are making a change, why not a winning team like the Ravens...or even the Steelers. Not that I would do that. I've considered leaving football completely, though. Maybe getting more invested in another sport. I lost my interest in baseball when the Dolans bought the Indians, and have never really been interested in the NBA. Like Sam Rutigliano once said..."There are 500 million Chinese that don't even know we played a game"...or something like that.