THE BROWNS BOARD

Trumpy Is Just A Choir Boy

TexasAg1969

Compared to the Sackler's who pulled this stunt when they got sued for OxyContin. From NYT Morning briefing. Given Ohio's huge problem with this drugmaker, it should concern you.

Sacklers transferred billions during opioid crisis

The family whose members own Purdue Pharma withdrew more than $10 billion from the company from 2008 to 2017, as scrutiny of the drugmaker’s role in the U.S. opioid epidemic intensified, a new audit found.
The money, which was distributed among trusts and overseas holding companies, is more than eight times what the family took out in the 13 years after OxyContin, Purdue’s signature product, was approved in 1995.
The new report was filed in bankruptcy court on Monday. It was commissioned by Purdue to help guide the company through Chapter 11 restructuring.
Background: The Sacklers have offered to pay at least $3 billion in cash as part of a settlement in thousands of lawsuits. A group of states, led by Massachusetts and New York, has argued that the family should pay more. The report does not detail how much the Sacklers are worth or where their money is.

To tell the truth tex in cases like these I think people are too lazy and stupid and irresponsible to take care of themselves and like to blame somebody else for the fact that they get addicted to shit that they beg for. Not to mention the legal profession who rubs their hands in Glee in anticipation of money falling from the sky.

WSS

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Tad axiomatic there Steve...

I agree but I think you know what I mean. But everybody's tolerance of pain and everybody's susceptibility to addiction is different. How many items are products could we list that are perfectly useful and harmless for 99% of the population?

WSS

When I had my knee replaced (what a wonderful change in my life), I had a prescription of oxycotin, but I think

I only took one or two the first few days at home...and turned the rest in to my outstanding surgeon. He grinned and said he only gave me ten, wasn't enough to get me addicted at all, but he understood. It was the principle of the thing to me.

Addiction has caused so much pain and suffering to the addicts, and everyone around them. It's so tragic.