THE BROWNS BOARD

Ratbirds @ Browns Official Gameday thread

On 12/22/2019 at 9:55 PM, jiggins7919 said:

They got a little pass happy for no reason in the first half

Disagree... there was a reason. We stuffed their run game early, contained Jackson and then we scored.

On 12/23/2019 at 2:52 AM, flyingfooldoug said:

The players were ready for this game. Unfortunately the coaching staff was not. 

Who got those players ready?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Who got those players ready?

The hypocrisy week to week of fans has always cracked me up.  I guess it is short for fanatic. Last week according to many even though everyone knows Freddie and wilks wanted to make a statement and beat their former employer they failed to get the players ready to perform.  This week the players apparently got themselves ready but the coaches were not ready. Both weeks are on the coaches according to fans.

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

The hypocrisy week to week of fans has always cracked me up.  I guess it is short for fanatic. Last week according to many even though everyone knows Freddie and wilks wanted to make a statement and beat their former employer they failed to get the players ready to perform.  This week the players apparently got themselves ready but the coaches were not ready. Both weeks are on the coaches according to fans.

These coaches are masters at finding different ways to lose. 

7 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

The players and local media. Too bad the head guy was pretty clueless at game planning and adjusting.  If you think the HC is great....  fine. But I remember you singing praises to good ole fart modell   Kinda strange. Check your numbers

we have a clueless coach.....end of story...and the rest of the staff....well call it a staff infection because they stinko also......just another wonderful season...

12 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Disagree... there was a reason. We stuffed their run game early, contained Jackson and then we scored.

And then we fell apart. We pulled to within 9 points then the Ravens scored on an 8 play drive...all runs. Whatever happened in the first half was obviously a fluke. Ravens had more rushing first downs than we had TOTAL first downs. They're basically the team we wish we were, just like the Steelers for so many years. 

The biggest problem I have isn't even WITH the defense. I don't know too many teams that'd do well missing two starting DEs, 3 safeties, a starting LB, and seemingly ALWAYS on the wrong end of time of possession battle. Does that excuse how bad they are? I don't think so. The Cardinals made us their bitch, like basically every team lately. Heck, we SHOULD have lost to the Bengals. 

No, my problem is with the offense. My problem is how inefficient our quarterback is from a CLEAN POCKET. Remember how early on so many Browns fans bemoaned our terrible OL? Well, don't look now, but our OL has played pretty damn well for several games and guess what? It hasn't really made a damn difference. Sure, we've had success running the ball, but that hasn't made a difference, has it? You can't run it on 3rd and 6 very often. You can't run it from the 10 on 3rd and goal. You HAVE to be able to consistently pass the ball without depending on screens, swing passes, and other quick gimmick crap. 

And that's just it. We can't pass the ball for shit. Look at how many passing TDs Baker has, what is it, 19? Basically half of Lamar Jackson. And now we can't blame the poor OL because we have the leading rusher AND good pass blocking! We've been virtually 100% healthy on offense, minus Njoku, and the excuses have run dry. It's either our coach can't design an offense, or our QB simply isn't good enough...or a combination of the two. Baker leads the league in batted down passes, which is a dandy stat. Kitchens all too often looks like he has no clue about so many things, and now we go into an off-season not knowing about our coach or the QB. The two most important parts of a team. 

Stay strong Browns fans. It's going to get worse before it gets better, but it's nothing we haven't seen before. Oh, and Merry Christmas to all you mutts! 🎄🎅😎

On 12/25/2019 at 3:46 AM, flyingfooldoug said:

The players and local media. Too bad the head guy was pretty clueless at game planning and adjusting.  If you think the HC is great....  fine. But I remember you singing praises to good ole fart modell   Kinda strange. Check your numbers

It's like you just throw random words against a wall to try to form a thought. 

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's like you just throw random words against a wall to try to form a thought. 

lol... thanks.... I was searching for a response and every candidate that fit one piece was wrong for the rest.

• Haha 1