THE BROWNS BOARD

Final playoff scenario

Icecube

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001091270/article/week-17-nfl-playoff-picture-whos-locked-in-who-needs-help

So, it's over for the Browns. 

But get this: The Steelers are in with a win and a TN loss (who's playing Houston who has something to play for as far as better seeding).

Not only this, but Baltimore has already announced they are sitting Jackson and some other key players. 

There is no way in hell Pitt deserves to be a playoff team this season. But nor do the Browns. At the end of the day, it matters not; Pitt will not beat ANY team in the postseason. 

What is really annoying is that if the Browns could have won yesterday (or @Pitt or @ AZ), Baltimore would need to win next weekend to secure home field, the Titans are going to lose to Houston and Indy and/or Oakland are going to win. In this scenario, a win against the Bengals would give the Browns the 6th spot via tiebreaker (conference record). 

Of course, they would have just gone out and laid an egg to the Bengals and miss the playoffs anyway.

GD Browns.

1 hour ago, Dollarbill44 said:

What is really annoying is that if the Browns could have won yesterday (or @Pitt or @ AZ), Baltimore would need to win next weekend to secure home field, the Titans are going to lose to Houston and Indy and/or Oakland are going to win. In this scenario, a win against the Bengals would give the Browns the 6th spot via tiebreaker (conference record). 

Of course, they would have just gone out and laid an egg to the Bengals and miss the playoffs anyway.

GD Browns.

In the past 2 weeks all the teams the Browns needed to lose, did lose 

But, of course, the Browns went full blown Brownsian, and lost both games. 

• Upvote 4

On 12/23/2019 at 3:26 PM, Icecube said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001091270/article/week-17-nfl-playoff-picture-whos-locked-in-who-needs-help

But get this: The Steelers are in with a win and a TN loss (who's playing Houston who has something to play for as far as better seeding).

Not only this, but Baltimore has already announced they are sitting Jackson and some other key players. 

There is no way in hell Pitt deserves to be a playoff team this season. But nor do the Browns. At the end of the day, it matters not; Pitt will not beat ANY team in the postseason. 

On 12/23/2019 at 3:26 PM, Icecube said:

Seems impossible at this point that Pgh could have even a theoretical chance at the playoffs, but there you go. Their offense is so bad right now I don’t see them beating even Baltimore’s JV squad. 

3 hours ago, Buck The Frowns said:

Seems impossible at this point that Pgh could have even a theoretical chance at the playoffs, but there you go. Their offense is so bad right now I don’t see them beating even Baltimore’s JV squad. 

I think you're right. News alert: Conners hurt again. One thing you can say is the Browns had healthy backs all year. 

11 hours ago, Icecube said:

I think you're right. News alert: Conners hurt again. One thing you can say is the Browns had healthy backs all year. 

Healthy backs, and not only that, this will be the first season since  Tim Couch in 2001 that we will have had the same QB start all 16 games.

More evidence of the bad coaching job we have had?

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Healthy backs, and not only that, this will be the first season since  Tim Couch in 2001 that we will have had the same QB start all 16 games.

More evidence of the bad coaching job we have had?

When a couch severely underutilizes the red zone skills of Hunt, then I say bad coaching was indeed a major factor. And I swear at times I was watching the Huey red zone offense with similar idiotic play calls.

On 12/23/2019 at 2:26 PM, Icecube said:

But get this: The Steelers are in with a win and a TN loss (who's playing Houston who has something to play for as far as better seeding)

Maybe...

Houston will know whether they can change their seeding before their game starts at 4:25 PM. For them to have a chance to do so KC has to lose their 1 PM game to LAC.

So if KC wins, HOU has nothing to gain by risking its starters. Plus if HOU then lays downs for TN, they set up KC with a much tougher, 1st-round opponent... TN.

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Maybe...

Houston will know whether they can change their seeding before their game starts at 4:25 PM. For them to have a chance to do so KC has to lose their 1 PM game to LAC.

So if KC wins, HOU has nothing to gain by risking its starters. Plus if HOU then lays downs for TN, they set up KC with a much tougher, 1st-round opponent... TN.

Yea, but the bottom line is none of it really matters; who is Pitt gonna beat in the playoffs? NO ONE. The loss to the Jets was no fluke, NY, at this point, is the better team. 

Packers secure a  first round bye.

Chiefs win and Patriots loss.......pushes Pats to have to play the first week. No bye for them...and they lose home field to both Rats/Chiefs.

Philadelphia leading at halftime over Giants.   Win put them in....and Cowgirls would be out....but

Cowboys are winning big vs. Redskins.       Skins assuring they get that #2 overall pick it seems. 

Saints secure a first round bye.

Ravens are handling Steelers at half   16-7.  They lose, they are out.

Titans leading  Texans at half.   They win or if Pitt loses, they are in. 

Broncos leading Raiders......who have only a pubic hair's chance of making it anyway. 

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Eagles win.....clinch NFC East.

Titans win.....get #6 WC spot. 

Only thing left:    NFCW and #1 seed. 

And your favorite Derrick Henry scores his 3rd TD of the day and takes the NFL rushing title away from Nick on a 50+ yard run.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And your favorite Derrick Henry scores his 3rd TD of the day and takes the NFL rushing title away from Nick on a 50+ yard run.

One of these days that kid'll reward your faith in him... ;)

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

One of these days that kid'll reward your faith in him... ;)

He did tonight. That 53 yd run scored me exactly what I needed to win another $40 1st place weekend in FFL. He was my last player of the weekend and that was his last play of the day.🤑💲💲🤑

11 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He did tonight.

Pretty sure I knew that... :)

Meanwhile back at the thread... turned out that multiple things we needed to happen did not... but at least PTG will be watching as well.

Sometimes schadenfreude is all you have....