THE BROWNS BOARD

Nevin Lawson suspended one game for using helmet as a weapon

Vambo

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/03/nevin-lawson-suspended-one-game-for-using-helmet-as-a-weapon/

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Lawson has been suspended without pay for taking off his helmet and swinging it at someone. NFL VP of Football Operations Jon Runyan issued the suspension.

Lawson getting only one game may sound like he got off light compared to Myles Garrett, who got six games for swinging Mason Rudolph‘s helmet at him. The big difference is Garrett connected with Rudolph’s helmet-less head, which made his infraction quite a bit worse.

the dirtbags who decided the indefinate suspension... owe Garrett an apology. That was just an example

made of an action by a player who plays for a team they don't care for. At least, that is the only way to explain it, imho.

Ahhh Nope! He had intent! If you use a gun in a robbery, you get added time EVEN if you don't shoot someone with it! 

Still kind of pitiful when you may have a disciplinary action names after you.... maybe forever.... the GARRETT rule, for extreme stupidity.

And "you can't use your helmet as a weapon kids, don't be like Myles."..... :lol:

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Still kind of pitiful when you may have a disciplinary action names after you.... maybe forever.... the GARRETT rule, for extreme stupidity.

And "you can't use your helmet as a weapon kids, don't be like Myles."..... :lol:

You forgot to call him "Dumb-Dumb". 

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Don't forget the very bestest one:  "Don't Myles Garrett up your team". 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You forgot to call him "Dumb-Dumb". 

I'm just trying to get a feel for his long term name.  Stupid ass? Dumb-dumb? Just Garrett?   https://www.spotrac.com/widget/player/21742/

And I'm sure he realizes by now he's blown millions of dollars and maybe a career.....I wonder what he calls himself now?  :huh:

Screenshot_2020-01-04_121733.jpg

On the bright side Man-zel can maybe move down to the 2. spot as dumbest BROWNS/ Texas A&M player of all time.

Maybe.  We'll have to see how dumb-dumb plays out.

You guys do understand there's a difference between "attempted" and "accomplished", right? 

One player "attempted" to hit another player with a helmet. One player "accomplished" this.

Attempted murder doesn't result in the same punishment as accomplished murder. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I'm just trying to get a feel for his long term name.  Stupid ass? Dumb-dumb? Just Garrett?   https://www.spotrac.com/widget/player/21742/

And I'm sure he realizes by now he's blown millions of dollars and maybe a career.....I wonder what he calls himself now?  :huh:

Screenshot_2020-01-04_121733.jpg

I'm sorry, but were you getting a cut of those lost wages from the games he missed from being suspended?

Because you keep bringing this up like this personally affects you. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm sorry, but were you getting a cut of those lost wages from the games he missed from being suspended?

Because you keep bringing this up like this personally affects you. 

I guess when people particularly young people have a good future handed to them and they just throw it away with both hands it strikes me as totally stupid.

Plus he didn't do any favors to his teammates, fans and everyone else involved.

That's all.

old-man-yells-at-bitcoin-32251433.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You guys do understand there's a difference between "attempted" and "accomplished", right? 

One player "attempted" to hit another player with a helmet. One player "accomplished" this.

You do understand that  in the law, there is a difference when it comes to the actual harm caused. 

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Who got murdered? 

Who got hurt? 

Mason’s stupid ass was laughing it up in the huddle not 3 minutes after he got hit. Didn’t miss a snap of football due to injury. Christ the so called “weapon” he hit him with is designed to take impact and absorb/deflect it. 

The NFL suspends one guy three games for punching and kicking a guy multiple times. Backs it off to two games a week later. Suspends another guy for pushing someone down, then tells him to pound salt when he appeals it. 

They use a magic 8 ball to decide suspensions. You think Josh Gordon would have saw the field again so soon if he didn’t get picked up by the Pats to help their poster boys? Christ Ray Lewis with with a bunch of guys that murdered somebody...gets nothing. 

Garrett loses multiple game paychecks from his place of employment with no rules in place before hand and someone else commits the same act but misses his target and loses one.... the Union Lawyers should be having a massive meeting. If they aren’t, they aren’t doing their job.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Who got murdered? 

Who got hurt? 

Mason’s stupid ass was laughing it up in the huddle not 3 minutes after he got hit. Didn’t miss a snap of football due to injury. Christ the so called “weapon” he hit him with is designed to take impact and absorb/deflect it. 

The NFL suspends one guy three games for punching and kicking a guy multiple times. Backs it off to two games a week later. Suspends another guy for pushing someone down, then tells him to pound salt when he appeals it. 

They use a magic 8 ball to decide suspensions. You think Josh Gordon would have saw the field again so soon if he didn’t get picked up by the Pats to help their poster boys? Christ Ray Lewis with with a bunch of guys that murdered somebody...gets nothing. 

Garrett loses multiple game paychecks from his place of employment with no rules in place before hand and someone else commits the same act but misses his target and loses one.... the Union Lawyers should be having a massive meeting. If they aren’t, they aren’t doing their job.

There is a reason the Browns are the doormat of the league. But you're right, Garrett should have filed a grievance with the players union. I thought I read somewhere that it's in the CBA that they cannot suspend him indefinitely. If the league is violating the CBA then he has a case.

13 hours ago, BrownsnMopar said:

Ahhh Nope! He had intent! If you use a gun in a robbery, you get added time EVEN if you don't shoot someone with it! 

Even if you shoot somebody with a gun and they end up living, you don't get charged with murder. You would likely get charged with assault with a deadly weapon and attempted murder, but what the league did was basically charge Garrett with murder anyhow.

18 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Inequity here? Good...

It can only help to end Myles' suspension at the time already served.

I can see a case where after this season is over and most everybody forgets about some of the details of 2019 about the time the summer workouts start and preseason starts that this might cool down.  As long as Miles has been a good boy and the Steelers QB can still recite his A B C's that dumb-dumb Garrett can go back to just being Myles Garrett and play.......with stipulations and maybe missing a regular season game or two.

And everything in Berea will be just fine.  :lol: