THE BROWNS BOARD

Rumors regarding new uniforms

Dutch Oven

Just bring back the Kosar or Sipe era uniforms.  Those were sharp....the modernization would be losing the "sleeve" striping.  Modern NFL uniforms don't have sleeves.  Stripes don't fit there.  They look out of place and what is there, just gets scrunched and doesn't look clean or sharp.  You'd never put striping there if you were desinging uniforms from scratch today...wich is why teams like the Jags and Texans don't have sleeve stripes.  They don't work.  Teams that have recently updated their uniforms, have eliminated the sleeve stripes...the Vikings, Lions, and Dolphins have all lost their sleeve stripes.....Go look at a Steelers or Packers player...especially the big guys....the sleeve striping looks awful.

Also....I really hope you lose the "Browns" name on the pants stripe.  nothing says "Minor leauge mess" like a generic team name on a pants stripe.  

• Upvote 1

On 1/4/2020 at 8:59 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Grossi posted something via Twitter (maybe someone on it can repost it here?) that the new uniforms will have an old-school look with a few modern touches, they will have three jerseys and will be introduced before the Draft in April, for all you guys like me who are uniform geeks. 

Only the very best teams have uniforms that barely change, those are iconic (GB, Pgh, Dallas, Bears, KC). Whoever came up with the current high school look needs sent packing. Keep it simple. Go back to basic 80's look. 

Image result for browns uniforms through the years

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Only the very best teams have uniforms that barely change, those are iconic (GB, Pgh, Dallas, Bears, KC). Whoever came up with the current high school look needs sent packing. Keep it simple. Go back to basic 80's look. 

Image result for browns uniforms through the years

Except, as far as I am concerned, they can never wear any color of Pants but white.   And Just a Brown or white jersey.  I would have to see an orange one to see if I like it, but off the top of my head, I would say no. 

2 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Just bring back the Kosar or Sipe era uniforms.  Those were sharp....the modernization would be losing the "sleeve" striping.  Modern NFL uniforms don't have sleeves.  Stripes don't fit there.  They look out of place and what is there, just gets scrunched and doesn't look clean or sharp.  You'd never put striping there if you were desinging uniforms from scratch today...wich is why teams like the Jags and Texans don't have sleeve stripes.  They don't work.  Teams that have recently updated their uniforms, have eliminated the sleeve stripes...the Vikings, Lions, and Dolphins have all lost their sleeve stripes.....Go look at a Steelers or Packers player...especially the big guys....the sleeve striping looks awful.

Also....I really hope you lose the "Browns" name on the pants stripe.  nothing says "Minor leauge mess" like a generic team name on a pants stripe.  

I would just go back to the 2014 uniforms, minus the brown pants. They finally got the whole thing right - classic old school Browns. Grey facemasks, black cleats, the proper striping on the brown jersey (from the 50s and 60s). 

I hated the Sipe uniforms. Gawdy big pant stripes, ugly orange pants, white facemasks, white cleats. 

2 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

Just bring back the Kosar or Sipe era uniforms.  Those were sharp....the modernization would be losing the "sleeve" striping.  Modern NFL uniforms don't have sleeves.  Stripes don't fit there.  They look out of place

Well said.

There are those that state that they don't care what the uniform looks like.   And that's ok.  They can move on to the next threat and wear a paisley shirt with striped pants to work if they want.  :)    ( I have a beautiful C5 Corvette...........to some it's just a car...........so ya have to park faaar away from store entrances )  

I wonder if the coaching search people are the ones designing / choosing the new uni's................I think one criteria for being a uniform designer should be that you were born a Browns fan and will die a Browns fan.