THE BROWNS BOARD

Soldiering On. GM/OC/DC choices

The Gipper

OK,   if Stinky Stefanski is going to be our HC......what about the other important jobs on this team.

GM candidates:   

OC:  

DC:

I have heard a couple of names for  GM....maybe The Young Wolf, Dobbs from KC?     OC:  Kubiak would be good  DC: Schwartz would be good.

Who else? 

Just heard that it wouldn’t be surprising if Stefanski keeps Wilks, guess he was the DC he would have brought on last year if he had gotten the job.

not sure if I like that or not. He had a couple really good schemed games (Baltimore @ Balt. was a great defense) but then he got beat by Duck and some Denver QB that hadn’t taken a snap. I guess he can’t run on the field and tackle and cover players himself though. 

might be nice to keep him on... No massive changes needed. 

meh. Whateves 

41 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Just heard that it wouldn’t be surprising if Stefanski keeps Wilks, guess he was the DC he would have brought on last year if he had gotten the job.

not sure if I like that or not. He had a couple really good schemed games (Baltimore @ Balt. was a great defense) but then he got beat by Duck and some Denver QB that hadn’t taken a snap. I guess he can’t run on the field and tackle and cover players himself though. 

meh. Whateves 

1) I hope not!

2) Wilks was the Coach & I saw nothing but regression. Our tackling is some of the worst I have ever seen & I expect players to be coached UP! Ours were not.

Obviously, I'm no fan of Wilks, but...

Canton Mike

Mike

56 minutes ago, hx214 said:

meh. Whateves 

He had absolutely NO answer after   Garrett got suspended.  Failed to adapt....and as someone said:   tackling was atrocious. 

Hard pass. 

Man.... I don’t know if Wilks is all that bad.

His all pro DE center piece of his defense gets bounced. The only other pass rusher on the other side of the ball (Vernon) can’t stay on the field, Your GM traded away any DE depth you had for a worthless safety and a 4th round pick leaving you with no names,  half the games Ward played this year he looked like he couldn’t cover a JV WR, Redwine looked lost out there at times....

Not going to say I’ll be upset if they move on, but I’ll take Wilks defense over Ray Horton or O’Neil’s

4 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Either The team quit on Wilks or his scheme is awful or both.  There was time before Christmas I thought he would be the fall guy and get axed and Freddie would stay on for one year.

i think there is a .0001% chance that Wilks is in Cleveland 

I hate to even THINK it, but I have an awful feeling that Wilks may be retained. 🤢

Mike

Dustin Fox 10:49 am, 1/13/20

"I'm told there is league-wide interest in Andrew Berry. He does not HAVE to take the Browns GM position. He has options and is also weary (of the Browns) based off what happened in the past."

Keith Britton 10:59 am, 1/13/20

"I've also been told the respect John Dorsey carries in the scouting circles is something that has impacted how many potential GMs feel/would have felt about taking an interview." 

27 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

"I'm told there is league-wide interest in Andrew Berry. He does not HAVE to take the Browns GM position. He has options and is also weary (of the Browns) based off what happened in the past."

Fool me once... etc., etc.

28 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

"I've also been told the respect John Dorsey carries in the scouting circles is something that has impacted how many potential GMs feel/would have felt about taking an interview." 

Was that the case in KC as well? :)

I guess "mutual decision to part ways" doesn't mean what it used to...

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Dustin Fox 10:49 am, 1/13/20

Again....goes back to who is interviewing who?  Are the Browns interviewing  him for GM, or is he interviewing them for whether or not he would want to work here again.   If he has multiple options, as you seem to indicate, I would say it is the latter.

Keith Britton 10:59 am, 1/13/20

Well, Maybe both of the above reports have a lot to do with the George Paton consideration. While maybe few others may want to come here, Paton may want to continue working with his long time colleague, Stefanski. 

On 1/12/2020 at 7:56 PM, SdBacker80 said:

Either The team quit on Wilks or his scheme is awful or both.  There was time before Christmas I thought he would be the fall guy and get axed and Freddie would stay on for one year.

i think there is a .0001% chance that Wilks is in Cleveland 

All I can say is look how much better KC's D has gotten this year than last. He needs to go.

On 1/13/2020 at 12:38 AM, Canton Mike said:

I hate to even THINK it, but I have an awful feeling that Wilks may be retained. 🤢

Mike

Holy Mary mother of Jesus let that not be so. Amen.🙏

On 1/12/2020 at 7:52 PM, sdballis said:

My computer protection says this is a known malicious website. Careful where you tread. I don't know why it said it because it's cbs, unless somehow something jumped in on them.

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

To be fair, Fox was tweeting late last night that he thinks Berry will take the Browns GM job.

Goes to show you....that with these reports one guy says black and the other says white.    Who knows what to believe until an actual announcement is made.

7 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

We should have a gm about a week before the draft...give or take a few days.  Draft tips coming from local hobos in front of area businesses.  Its all coming together!!

Be it Berry or the Vikes' Asst GM or another so long as we don't hire the hobo then we're getting a guy from a franchise who has been... WAIT FOR IT...  working on the draft. So not only will we get a GM who knows this draft class but brings the perspective of a different organization... and that ain't bad.

Looking around...two names:

Kevin OConnell sp?

and Jim Caldwell.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/former-nfl-head-coach-jim-caldwell-eager-to-return-to-sidelines-in-2020/

offensive coordinator for the Browns.