THE BROWNS BOARD

Big reasons to believe in the Browns in the 2020 Playoffs

calfoxwc

I hope it's because of our new coach. and our new gm. and assistant coaches.

But more than that, despite the Browns not meeting up with their own hopes, as well as ours being dashed, again,

(dammit)...

I was thinking a bit about Redwine as a starter, and wondered why I didn't hear his name more often. But...next year, I believe he will be a major part of the reason they made the playoffs. New coaches, etc etc...but these players have serious HEART.

Like Redwine:

another huge reason - the new Head Coach. You know how opposing defenses said they could tell what plays

Kitchens was calling?

not with Stephanski they won't. He is the opposite of Kitchens.

deception. trickery designed out of the same formations. screw with defenses' minds. Kosar would have loved this new head coach.

https://www.news-herald.com/sports/browns/browns-interview-next-great-offensive-coach-kevin-stefanski-for-head/article_4972e3d0-3311-11ea-ae3e-a7f02878b89a.html

"

Zonecoverage.com recently did a fascinating breakdown of several play calls by Stefanski to support the argument “Why Kevin Stefanski might be the NFL’s next great offensive coach.” The play selections highlighted do not include razzle-dazzle halfback passes off a double-reverse but instead involve deception from conventional formations.

Stefanski was assistant to head coach Childress for three years and then promoted by Childress to assistant quarterbacks coach in 2009.

Leslie Frazier replaced Childress with six games remaining in 2010 and retained Stefanski as assistant quarterbacks coach through 2013.

Mike Zimmer replaced Frazier on Jan. 14, 2014 and made Stefanski the tight ends coach. Two years later, Stefanski was coaching the Vikings running backs under Zimmer and by 2017 he was the quarterback coach.

Stefanski was named interim offensive coordinator with three games left in 2018 and got that gig full-time in 2019. He is credited with helping Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins post a 107.4 passer rating in 2019 while throwing 26 touchdown passes and six interceptions. The Vikings finished 16th in offense and 11th in points scored in 2019.

A coach has to have something special going for him to survive two coaching changes. Stefanski and assistant special teams coach Ryan Ficken are the only holdovers on Zimmer’s staff from the days when Childress was the Vikings head coach.

“Having worked with Coach (Zimmer) for a bunch of years now, I understand him and he understands me,” Stefanski told Vikings.com last January when the “interim” tag was removed from his offensive coordinator title. “I think we both understand what gives defenses problems, and (with Coach’s background as) a defensive coordinator, understands really well what’s hard on a defense.”..."

This makes me wanna make a bet. 

Here it goes: Kirksey will be out of the Browns next year. Redwine in 2.

2 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I like Kirksey. That whole availability thing though. 

true. but the Browns have serious talent to win, just wait til after the next draft...

the coaching held them back. I look for a huge difference.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Jesus it is hilarious how ridiculously predictable cal is. 

BROWNS HIRE EIGHT YEAR OLD GIRL FROM DOWN THE BLOCK! IF HER COACHING ABILITY IS HALF AS GOOD AS HER LEMONADE STAND IS WE ARE SUPER BOWL BOUND! GENIUS! 

Oh, well.  Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism.  The hope is that Cal is right.

Kirk can’t stay healthy - he’s no doubt on the cut block.

Redwine- hopefully he aged well but he showed the organization that He’s NOT ready at this point...but maybe a new scheme??? He just didn’t seem to be near the ball.  Doesn’t look like a hitter or tackler either. 

the real hope...

the play caller is gone 

the Def. Scheme gone and hopefully the guys on defense want to actually play- they had lackluster effort from Dec 1 on.

Baker is fixed and has his head on right. 

1995 NFL NFC West 3rd 7 9 0     Rich Brooks
1996 1996 NFL NFC West 3rd 6 10 0    
1997 1997 NFL NFC West 5th 5 11 0     Dick Vermeil
1998 1998 NFL NFC West 5th 4 12 0    
1999 1999 NFL NFC West 1st 13 3 0 Won Divisional playoffs (Vikings) 49–37
Won NFC Championship (Buccaneers) 11–6
Won Super Bowl XXXIV[9](3) (vs. Titans) 23–16
Dick Vermeil (COY)
Kurt Warner (MVP)/(SB MVP)
Marshall Faulk (OPOY)

9 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

1995 NFL NFC West 3rd 7 9 0     Rich Brooks
1996 1996 NFL NFC West 3rd 6 10 0    
1997 1997 NFL NFC West 5th 5 11 0     Dick Vermeil
1998 1998 NFL NFC West 5th 4 12 0    
1999 1999 NFL NFC West 1st 13 3 0 Won Divisional playoffs (Vikings) 49–37
Won NFC Championship (Buccaneers) 11–6
Won Super Bowl XXXIV[9](3) (vs. Titans) 23–16
Dick Vermeil (COY)
Kurt Warner (MVP)/(SB MVP)
Marshall Faulk (OPOY)

What is this all about?  Nothing to do with Stefanski.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Bigger reasons not to...

1. New first-time HC.
  2. New Offense.
  3. New Defense.

Monkey likes banana monkey sees banana monkey grabs banana monkey gets shocked.............. monkey likes banana.......

At least give us a couple of months before we grab the banana again.

GO BROWNS, baby !