THE BROWNS BOARD

Willie McGinnest: ''Nobody saw it coming''

Lumbergh

So now Willie McGinnest and Hank Fraley have said to reporters that they were shocked and that nobody saw it coming. Guess that blows out the theory that everybody expected it, right shep? Or does your lone "anonymous player" that the "insiders" talked to trump Willie and Hank?

''Nobody saw it coming,'' McGinest said. ''I don't think it's one person why we're losing. When we lose, we lose as a team.''

Asked if this went against the nature of the Crennel he knew, McGinest's wry smile and raised eyebrows seemed to give away his feelings.

''There you go. You figure out where it's coming from then. Your guess is better than mine,'' McGinest said.

And if you didn't have your coffee this morning you may have also missed in there that Willie intimated that it wasn't RAC's decision.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/33879839.html

Again, no one saw it coming because RAC was staunchly against the entire idea of Quinn doing anything.

It is just not surprising and has nothing to do with Quinn deservedness to be in there or not.

"Surprise by players" does NOT equal "DA should still be the QB".

The reason nobody saw it coming is because RAC won't/can't make any changes/decisions. He is a poor manager. If Savage hadn't stepped in previously, we would still have Frye starting and Mo Carthon running our offense.

The reason nobody saw it coming is because RAC won't/can't make any changes/decisions. He is a poor manager. If Savage hadn't stepped in previously, we would still have Frye starting and Mo Carthon running our offense.

Yep just made this same point in another thread, way to go 17!

Great minds think alike icon_e_wink.gif

Yep just made this same point in another thread, way to go 17!

Great minds think alike icon_e_wink.gif

Which begs the question, when the hell do we get rid of RAC. I want BQ to do well but I hope that it doesnt by RAC another year.

Thought about this myself coming in this morning. And if RAC TRULY wasn't for this switch and was forced to make it, then he really only has one scenario that gives him any hope.

Quinn plays well enough to prove he's the starter for next year, but not too well. Or we win the superbowl.

Because here are the scenarios play out.

1) Quinn comes in and sucks just as bad as DA or possibly even worse. In that case, the Browns finish 4-12 to 5-11 at best. Given expectations coming into this season, Romeo is fired in the offseason, somewhat as a scapegoat.

2) Quinn comes in and does well, the browns finish 6-10 to 8-8, miss the playoffs. 8-8 might be enough to have Romeo keep his job, given the injuries this season.

3) Quinn comes in and just lights it up, the browns finish 9-7, 10-6, or 11-5, Make the playoffs but lose in one of the first two rounds. Fans and those that forced Crennel to make this switch are then left to wonder, What if Quinn had been put in earlier? how far could this team have gone? IMO Crennel is fired in this case also, because he resisted the Quinn switch too long.

4) Quinn plays so well, Browns win it all....OK you can't fire your Superbowl winning HC.....but this one isn't even in the realm of posibilities.

so 2 out of 3 actually possible scenarios get RAC fired...can you see why he's not thrilled with this switch now?

Actually, IMO 3 out of 4 scenarios, with #4 being about as likely as Nancy Pelosi deciding to stop being shrill, result in RAC being fired.

He is done. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him be much more antagonistic and do outright stupid things in an attempt to get fired.

For me, all scenarios that lead to RAC being fired or the Browns winning a superbowl are WINS.

I agree, I think RAC is toast.

When the owner orders you to change QBs that's all she wrote.

One pro bowler was suspended, one is benched, and one leads the NFL in dropped passes. Might have been able to turn it around, but we'll never know now as they have now given up.

It's becoming clear that somebody is about to blow this team up and start again from scratch.

That seems to be cool with a lot of people though as long as they get to see BQ.

One pro bowler was suspended, one is benched, and one leads the NFL in dropped passes. Might have been able to turn it around, but we'll never know now as they have now given up.

It's becoming clear that somebody is about to blow this team up and start again from scratch.

That seems to be cool with a lot of people though as long as they get to see BQ.

Nobody wants to see this team start over, I sure as hell dont. But Im also not going to put blinders on and say everything is ok just because I dont want to see a rebuilding year. We cannot win with RAC as head coach.

It's funny how people see things completely differently. I think if they had not made any changes at all, that would have been giving up.

Guest Masters
Ill bet the rest of the quote whent like this, "I was shocked, but quite frankly its about time!"

The last part is what they are smart enough to keep in their head.

Willie intimated that it wasn't RAC's decision.

So let me get this straight - when RAC declares DA the starter it is gospel, when he declares he chose BQ as starter someone else must have made the decision?

RAC said it was his choice. End of story. You seem to believe RAC only when he supports DA. The fact is this is out of character for RAC and that is why everyone is surprised, and if DA wasn't such a shitty QB this season he would not have had to make the move.

Guest Masters
Willie intimated that it wasn't RAC's decision.

So let me get this straight - when RAC declares DA the starter it is gospel, when he declares he chose BQ as starter someone else must have made the decision?

RAC said it was his choice. End of story. You seem to believe RAC only when he supports DA. The fact is this is out of character for RAC and that is why everyone is surprised, and if DA wasn't such a shitty QB this season he would not have had to make the move.

People whose job is on the line might just make moves out of character. And really, this isn't the first time RAC has made a "out of character" move. He put Thomas in day one, even though he was a rookie.

All you have to do is read or listen to what RAC said as to why he made the move. In a nut shell he said the O is at the bottom of the league and ain't getting it done. That starts with the QB.

1. There is no way that the Browns are going to the play-offs. Take off the rose-colored glasses and remove that scenario and the Superbowl one from the list. I know that as long as there are probabilities, there are possibilities but let's get real.

2. RAC is toast at the end of the season. Not because he's a scape goat but because he's a terrible coach. His teams have lacked discipline, his game plans have been weak, his strategic calls from the sideline lack football wisdom. His coaches don't employ the arsenal of options available to them and, mostly, because he accepts losing and backs-up players even when they don't put out on the field the way they should.

3. This team needs to start building through the draft. Stop giving away draft choices and paying through the nose for impact players. Instead, start moving non-performers in exchange for additional draft picks. Concentrate on finding gems throughout the draft rounds.

4. The team needs the right leadership. It's clear to me that a DA camp has formed. That silo needs to come down quickly (eg. Frye). Winslow has to go through a trade in the off-season - his attitude destroys all the positives that come with his talent. Quinn and Rodgers bring in a much more competitive and desirable attitude.

5. I still say that we are one good coach and one good draft away from really being competitive. Seriously, the receiving core has been hampered by injury and we are not the same team without two good wide-outs.

6. We need help all across the D. Some positions are solid in starters but with no back-up. Some are really mediocre (eg line-backers).

I really hope that BQ excels tomorrow. Not only would I be happy for the Browns, I would be happy that it would put a nail in the coffin of many ------ on this team.

Archived