THE BROWNS BOARD

Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Inductees

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The band has to of had an album or a hit on the charge for 25 years before they’re eligible. Led Zeppelin didn’t start until around 1970. Also I think deep purple may in fact be in. In fact in checking yes they are in.

Ok good.

Music is so subjective to everybody. I've never been anywhere in my life where someone said "crank up some Joni Mitchell," yet she was inducted in the RRHOF before many of my favorites. 

I'm glad the building is here in Cleveland, but I simply can't get on board with many of the acts they inducted.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Ok good.

Music is so subjective to everybody. I've never been anywhere in my life where someone said "crank up some Joni Mitchell," yet she was inducted in the RRHOF before many of my favorites. 

Deservedly so, perhaps.  That goes to the whole genre thing where I guess they spread it out.....I think Joni can be considered a folk act, more or less, yet she is in but Peter, Paul, and Mary are not?  (but my wife might tell you that you are wrong about people clamoring for Joni Mitchell.  If you were a stringy haired chick that went to college in the 70s...you might do just that)

I'm glad the building is here in Cleveland, but I simply can't get on board with many of the acts they inducted.

Well,  as noted,  some may not be on board with some of the acts that are your favorites. 

But I do get it.  In what I think is a similar genre (go ahead....some one of you smartsses tell me I am wrong..these bands are nothing alike.  Maybe that is true, but they are from the same era:).  Depeche Mode is now in, but Tears for Fears is not?   I know tons and tons of good songs by Tears for Fears, but not a one by Depeche Mode.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

just for the sheer volume of hit records this guy really should be in there.

https://www.billboard.com/music/tommy-james/chart-history

And a lot of those are songs I really like. Crystal blue persuasion   . Crimson and Clover , I think we’re alone now. Etc 

On 1/19/2020 at 8:43 AM, The Gipper said:

The Monkees

Herman's Hermits

Jan and Dean

Peter Paul and Mary

Pat Benatar

Brian Eno

The Raspberries

Mott the Hoople

Devo

Tears for Fears

Culture Club

Bad Company

Mariah Carey

Al Stewart

Tommy James and the Shondells

I see you are a Tears For Fears fan the band Lettuce just re did one or thier songs 

very cool

3 hours ago, ATOM said:

also OZZY should be in on his own 

They got pissed at him years ago after he called 'em out for not inducting Black Sabbath. https://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-rose-joins-sex-pistols-ozzy-osbourne-in-hall-of-fame-open-letter-club/

Ozzy was right. The greatest heavy metal band and heavy metal influence had to wait until 2006. What a joke.