THE BROWNS BOARD

FINAL 2019 - 2020 NCAA TOP 25 RANKINGS after all of the games are over. 1.LSU 2. CLEM 3. OSU 4. GEO

mjp28

FINAL 2019 - 2020 NCAA TOP 25 RANKINGS after all of the games are over. 1.LSU 2. CLEM 3. OSU 4. GEO

College Football PlayoffAssociated PressUSA Today Coaches' Poll
Through Games JAN. 13, 2020
RANK
SCHOOL
RECORD
1 LSU (62) 15-0 1,550 1
2 Clemson 14-1 1,487 3
3 Ohio State 13-1 1,426 2
4 Georgia 12-2 1,336 5
5 Oregon 12-2 1,249 7
6 Florida 11-2 1,211 6
7 Oklahoma 12-2 1,179 4
8 Alabama 11-2 1,159 T-9
9 Penn State 11-2 1,038 13
10 Minnesota 11-2 952 16
11 Wisconsin 10-4 883 11
12 Notre Dame 11-2 879 14
13 Baylor 11-3 827 8
14 Auburn 9-4 726 T-9
15 Iowa 10-3 699 19
16 Utah 11-3 543 12
17 Memphis 12-2 528 15
18 Michigan 9-4 468 17
19 Appalachian State 13-1 466 20
20 Navy 11-2 415 21
21 Cincinnati 11-3 343 23
22 Air Force 11-2 209 24
23 Boise State 12-2 188 18
24 UCF 10-3 78 NR
25 Texas 8-5 69 NR

Others receiving votes: Texas A&M 54, Florida Atlantic 46, Washington 39, Virginia 28, USC 16, San Diego State 13, Arizona State 12, SMU 10, Tennessee 8, California 6, North Dakota State 2, Louisiana Tech 2, Kentucky 2, Kansas State 2, Louisiana-Lafayette 2

And another comparison of the AP and Coaches poll.   And guess who will be back in 2020 ?

Screenshot_2020-01-16_165015.jpg

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

Meatchickin 9-4. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

But hey part of the BIG TEN leading 6 teams in the TOP 25 teams in the country.  Not bad, eh?

17 hours ago, mjp28 said:

But hey part of the BIG TEN leading 6 teams in the TOP 25 teams in the country.  Not bad, eh?

I don’t root for the conference. Just the Buckeyes 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Browns149 said:

I don’t root for the conference. Just the Buckeyes 

Except that the BUCKEYES play and beat these teams last year, helps the SOS argument.  Actually the BIG TEN was pretty good last year minus the OSU and WISC bowl losses.

I was disappointed in Michigan I thought they had a legitimate top 10 shot......do did the preseason polls.

48 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Except that the BUCKEYES play and beat these teams last year, helps the SOS argument.  Actually the BIG TEN was pretty good last year minus the OSU and WISC bowl losses.

I was disappointed in Michigan I thought they had a legitimate top 10 shot......do did the preseason polls.

The Buckeyes play and beat these teams every year. SOS is BS. If it mattered Clemson wouldn’t ever sniff the playoff

• Upvote 1

College Football Playoff Rankings.  https://college.lovetoknow.com/campus-life/college-football-rankings-explained

The College Football Playoff (CFP) system began with the 2014 season, replacing the former Bowl Championship Series (BCS). The CFP ranking system is the one that, ultimately, is the most meaningful. That's because CFP rankings are the ones that determine which teams will be invited to participate in the playoffs, and the playoffs determine which teams have a shot at winning a national championship.

CFP rankings are determined by a selection committee that consists of a mixture of people with expertise in football (such as athletic directors, former NCAA and conference representatives and former head coaches) and leaders outside the sport (as of 2015, former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Lieutenant General Mike Gould (Ret., U.S. Air Force) serve on the committee).

Unlike the Coaches Poll and the AP Poll that are published from the very beginning of football season, CFP rankings aren't released until mid-season, when teams have had a few months to establish their track records. After the initial release date, CFP rankings are updated each week throughout the season, until selection day, which occurs after the last conference championship game has been played.

Even though CFP rankings aren't released from the beginning of the season, every game, and even every play, are taken into consideration when determining rankings. Factors taken into consideration include "conference championships won, strength of schedule, head-to-head results, comparison of results against common opponents and other factors."..... continued in the link.......

And in the somewhat surprising "I'm staying" department:

Clemson running back Travis Etienne is returning for his senior season, he announced Friday afternoon.

Etienne, a junior who has been a starter for three seasons, was widely expected to declare for the NFL draft. He wrote Friday on social media that he's "not done dreaming here at Clemson."

ESPN's Mel Kiper ranks Etienne as the No. 4 draft-eligible running back for April's draft.

"I look forward to earning my degree from this great university and continuing to fight with my brothers on the team to make you proud during the 2020 season," Etienne wrote on Twitter.

Etienne's teammate A.J. Terrell, whom Kiper ranks as the No. 9 prospect among cornerbacks, announced Friday that he will enter the draft. Terrell had two interceptions, three pass breakups, 24 solo tackles and half a sack in 2019.

The 5-foot-10, 210-pound Etienne has eclipsed 1,600 rushing yards in each of the past two seasons. He has 4,038 career rushing yards and an ACC-record 56 touchdowns on 518 carries, to go with 567 receiving yards and six touchdowns on 54 receptions.

Etienne has helped Clemson to a national championship in 2018, three ACC championships and three College Football Playoff appearances. He was a finalist for the Doak Walker Award as the nation's top running back in 2018 and a semifinalist for the Doak Walker and the Maxwell Award as national player of the year in 2019.

He earned ACC Offensive Player of the Year honors in each of the past two seasons and earned second-team All-America honors in 2018 and 2019. He's the first Clemson player to record consecutive 1,500-yard rushing seasons.

Etienne will rejoin quarterback Trevor Lawrence in the offensive backfield for Clemson, which likely will enter the 2020 season as the nation's No. 1-ranked team. Wide receiver Tee Higgins is currently the only Clemson underclassman to declare for the NFL draft.

Similar to all season, the top 15 schools seem to have the coaching staff, the talent, the schedule to separate themselves.. 

1 guy I had high hopes of declaring & staying in a orange NFL helmet was? Clemson LB James SKalski.. tossed from NC game & you could see from the Clemson performance when the leader of that defense left the building.. Skalski's draft stock should take off in 2021.. living in acc country, i really enjoyed watching Skalski's game 

a 2nd guy to watch come next season... Oregon Ducks LT Penel Sewell.. A true Samoan tank at 6'6 325 born in Utah with a nice punch & feet. Sewell won the Outland trophy as just a Sophomore this season. No Sacks coming in as a 4 star.. only watched a few Ducks games, but this guy will jump off your gametape screen..