THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the NFL Playoffs

Zombo

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

But we've had so much experience with various incarnations of "the process" failing...

We have? How many incarnations have there been?

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

We have? How many incarnations have there been?

I'll be nice and say this is the second one- third if I'm counting Dorsey. A bunch more if we throw Ray the Farmer into the mix. 

"The Process" under continuous improvement since October 12th, 2012- the day Haslam officially bought the Browns. :D 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll be nice and say this is the second one- third if I'm counting Dorsey. A bunch more if we throw Ray the Farmer into the mix. 

"The Process" under continuous improvement since October 12th, 2012- the day Haslam officially bought the Browns. :D 

Be whatever you want to be, h, but give me an honest count. There was only period revolutionary enough, distinct enough to be singled out and referred to as "The Process"... and it was 2016-2017's consensus-driven approach.

Every other GM period in our history has been in the vein of the "football guy" lead decider.

2020? What it ends up looking like is TBD.

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Be whatever you want to be, h, but give me an honest count. There was only period revolutionary enough, distinct enough to be singled out and referred to as "The Process"... and it was 2016-2017's consensus-driven approach.

Every other GM period in our history has been in the vein of the "football guy" lead decider.

2020? What it ends up looking like is TBD.

It obviously failed from my- and plenty of others POV Tour. So we're cranking out a once failed process tweaking it with new players, and hope it works this time? :D   Not at all confident- but I'll give it a chance. 

I can say the 2016 draft was a failure passing on Carson Wentz who I wanted. 2017- Garrett was a no brainer- and it remains to be seen if the analytics picks of Njoku and Peppers were worth it. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

So we're cranking out a once failed process tweaking it with new players, and hope it works this time?

No...

As I said in my first reply... TBD.

Analytics is going to have a bigger voice than it did under Dorsey... that much is clear... but it's also clear that's not saying much.

What's looking less and less like it is part of the plan going forward is the consensus driven part and without that this will be a new approach.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

No...

As I said in my first reply... TBD.

Hoorta said "hope for the best"....TBD sounds like the same thing.

Analytics is going to have a bigger voice than it did under Dorsey... that much is clear... but it's also clear that's not saying much.

What's looking less and less like it is part of the plan going forward is the consensus driven part and without that this will be a new approach.

Thank God.

43 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

So are Callahan and woods still on the radar? It seems as though Kubiak is not.

WSS

OK Rip Van Winkle.   Callahan is signed as Browns OL coach.   Kubiak will not be coming here, signed as OC with Minn.   Woods looks like the choice for DC, but they likely have to wait after he is done with the Super Bowl. 

And no GM/DPP  has yet been hired.