THE BROWNS BOARD

Data Dump: Championship Game QBs.

The Gipper

The AFC and the NFC Championship games are upon us.  Of the 4 QBs starting tomorrow's games,  this is the 4th one that Aaron Rodgers has started;  it is the 2d one that Mahomes will have started, and the very first one for both Ryan Tannehill and Jimmy Garropolo.  This is a somewhat  inexperienced group of starting QB in this round in comparison to recent years.  

Here is data on which QBs have started the most Conference title games.... 3 or more,  going back to 1966 when the "Super Bowl" began:

3:

Drew Brees;  Steve Young; Kurt Warner;  Darryl Lamonica;  Fran Tarkenton;  Bernie Kosar;  Dan Marino; 

4:

Aaron Rodgers; 

5:

Ben Roethlisberger;  Donovan McNabb;  Brett Favre;  Jim Kelly;  Ken Stabler;  Peyton Manning

6:

John Elway; Terry Bradshaw;  Roger Staubach

7:

Joe Montana

12:

Tom Brady

Here are QBs that have matched up multiple times in the Conf. title games:

Brady vs. Peyton......4 times

Aikman vs. Steve Young....3 times

Elway vs. Kosar.....3 times

Brady vs.  Ben R.....2 times 

FYI,  Peyton and BR never faced off in a conf. title game

McNabb vs.  Warner....2 times

Bradshaw vs. Stabler....2 times

Bradshaw vs. Dan Pastorini....2 times

Bart Starr vs. Don Meredith...2 times.

FYI,  Peyton and BR never faced off in a conf. title game (AFC

Also, Marino and Elway never faced off in a conf. title game....AFC

More Data Dump along the same lines:

The Chiefs and the Oilers/Titans have met  3 previous times in the post season:

1962 AFL Title game,   The Dallas Texans nka KC Chief beat the Houston Oilers   (who were 2 times defending AFL champions)

1993 season   Division round   Cheifs beat the Houston Oilers

2017 season  Wild card round   Titans defeated the Chiefs

The Packers and the 49ers will be meeting for the 8th time in postseason.

I won't detail each game,  but the Packers are 4-3 in those games,  plus  this will be the second time these 2 teams have met in the Conference title game.   The previous one was after the 1997 season.   The Packers won 23-10 behind Brett Favre. 

49 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Yes, an optical illusion.  WTF does it have to do with Conference Championship games? 

He's just trying to make this thread less boring,  looking to get more people involved.

This ones cool.

Stare at the dot in the middle for a couple seconds, then try to catch the green dot if you can.

480px-Disappearing-dots.gif

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

He's just trying to make this thread less boring,  looking to get more people involved.

This ones cool.

Stare at the dot in the middle for a couple seconds, then try to catch the green dot if you can.

480px-Disappearing-dots.gif

You are making it boring. 

This is a football thread.  Talk football.  Otherwise, fuck off. 

22 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The AFC and the NFC Championship games are upon us.  Of the 4 QBs starting tomorrow's games,  this is the 4th one that Aaron Rodgers has started;  it is the 2d one that Mahomes will have started, and the very first one for both Ryan Tannehill and Jimmy Garropolo.  This is a somewhat  inexperienced group of starting QB in this round in comparison to recent years.  

Here is data on which QBs have started the most Conference title games.... 3 or more,  going back to 1966 when the "Super Bowl" began:

3:

Drew Brees;  Steve Young; Kurt Warner;  Darryl Lamonica;  Fran Tarkenton;  Bernie Kosar;  Dan Marino; 

4:

Aaron Rodgers; 

5:

Ben Roethlisberger;  Donovan McNabb;  Brett Favre;  Jim Kelly;  Ken Stabler;  Peyton Manning

6:

John Elway; Terry Bradshaw;  Roger Staubach

7:

Joe Montana

12:

Tom Brady

But only one never made it to a Super Bowl.

Uh no Gipper, Bernie taking the final snap in the Super Bowl with the Cowboys doesn't count.

12 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm sorry, I stopped paying attention to you after "Jew Boy". 

Yeah you're sorry.

So now you're gonna tell lies? You've read every post on this thread....and you're reading this one.

You posted that expression how many times now?  You must be one,  therefore you're allowed to say it as many times as you like.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gorka said:

LOL...atta boy Dutch, play it safe by choosing a reaction...

Yeah, MAGA fuck boys like you got me shakin' in my boots. 🤣

The last one of you that went after me was so pissed off after I was done with him he begged to be thrown off this board. 

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You are making it boring. 

This is a football thread.  Talk football.  Otherwise, fuck off. 

What can possibly be more boring than a topic titled "data dump".

Check this out. What appears to be a girls bare ass is really the shoulder/arm of the girl holding the camera.

9020optischetaeuschung4.jpg

25 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yeah, MAGA fuck boys like you got me shakin' in my boots. 🤣

The last one of you that went after me was so pissed off after I was done with him he begged to be thrown off this board. 

Where'd ya run off to Dutch Boy?  Now you're pissing me off! LOL

27 minutes ago, Gorka said:

What can possibly be more boring than a topic titled "data dump".

Check this out. What appears to be a girls bare ass is really the shoulder/arm of the girl holding the camera.

9020optischetaeuschung4.jpg

If you don’t like football and what are you doing on this board again this is just about football but very little of what you post on this board is about football. So why the fuck are you even on here.