THE BROWNS BOARD

Dutch's '19 Browns Questions

Dutch Oven

6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Baker Mayfield throw for? 

Zombo: 4884, 38, 10

jcam222: 4500, 40, 10

Ibleedbrown: 5239, 31, 18

Mudfly: 4351, 33, 16

Bob806: ?, 34, 14

PoeticG: 5100, 44, 11

TexasAg1969: 4800, 31, 13

Sdbacker80: 4750, 31, 15

Gipper: 4444, 44, 14

Coyote: 4885, 42, 13

DBone: 3736, 24, 19

mjp28: 4999, 32, 8

Tour2ma: 4560, 39, 15

Nero: 4500, 35, 12

Flugel: 4425, 36, 15

gumby: 4606, 41, 17

DutchOven: 4209, 34, 15

Answer: Baker Mayfield, in his second NFL season, threw for 3827 yards with 22 touchdowns and 21 interceptions. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: There could be many explanations for Mayfield's regression in his sophomore year.... he slacked off working on and off the field going into the season, the offense did not cater to his strengths, players weren't on the same page with him because they missed OTA's and chunks of training camp, perhaps the NFL caught up with Mayfield's tendencies, and a weak OLine. Probably all the above. DBone wins again, rather easily.

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... The rest of us were so, so far off. Mayfield had a 93.7 QB rating in 2018, it plummeted to 78.8 in 2019. Our sky-high predictions, of course, look silly now. And in the land of silly Mayfield predictions, PoeticG was the king of silliness.  

Wow BM 22 DBone 24 ibleedbrown 31 mjp 32 and I thought we were way low.  So much for Great Expectations.

Super fun looking back at this and looking forward to Dutch's '20 Browns Questions thread............... check those rose, brown and orange colored lenses at the door. 

4 hours ago, D Bone said:

Super fun looking back at this and looking forward to Dutch's '20 Browns Questions thread............... check those rose, brown and orange colored lenses at the door. 

Yours are the rose ones, ain't they? ;)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, D Bone said:

I think this year we will all get a box of Forrest Gump chocolates-with a new HC & GM we have no idea what were gonna get.😋

• Like 1

7. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many receptions?

Zombo: Landry, 100

jcam222: OBJ, 88

Ibleedbrown: Higgins, 86

Mudfly: Landry, 101

Bob806: Landry, 82

PoeticG: Landry, 120

TexasAg1969: Higgins, 98

Sdbacker80: Landry, 82

Gipper: OBJ, 88

Coyote: OBJ, 92

DBone: Landry, 101

mjp28: Landry, 101

Tour2ma: Landry, 105

Nero: Landry, 90

Flugel: OBJ, 92

gumby: Landry, 107

DutchOven: Landry, 85

Answer: Jarvis Landry led the Browns with 83 receptions.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: With Mayfield's mediocre passing stats came over-optimistic receiving predictions. Overall Landry had the best season in his career, but did it with a relatively low reception total (for him). Bob806 and Sdbacker80 almost nailed this question on it's head.

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... A combination of an early-season injury and getting in Freddie's doghouse when he came back (for reasons still murky) resulted in the lofty predictions by Ibleedbrown and TexasAg1969 for one Rashard Higgins being laughably off-base. Coming off a 2018 season where Higgins had a breakthrough as somewhat of a go-to guy for Baker, it seemed like a solid Darkhorse pick. Instead, he had a grand total of 4 receptions.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

7. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many receptions?

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... A combination of an early-season injury and getting in Freddie's doghouse when he came back (for reasons still murky) resulted in the lofty predictions by Ibleedbrown and TexasAg1969 for one Rashard Higgins being laughably off-base. Coming off a 2018 season where Higgins had a breakthrough as somewhat of a go-to guy for Baker, it seemed like a solid Darkhorse pick. Instead, he had a grand total of 4 receptions.  

At least I have good company.🙃😁

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

At least I have good company.🙃😁

Yes the lovable losers club.   The list isn't long but it is distinguished.   :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

They are going to hire a GM? 🤣

IcjY.gif    for    EmMK.gif   Doc Brown at a Clocktower in Cleveland?   

Doc Kramer? naN.gif or George,  Ow21.gif  the another Doctor of Baseball    🍿     

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

They are going to hire a GM? 🤣

Weird how I envision shotgun wedding memes when I think of the Browns' GM hire...... Poor future unlucky bastard. 

3 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

What were we thinking?

We were thinking we would have a good coach who could use the star to open it up for Higgins underneath, but we had to go for home runs all the time. We also thought Baker would play like he could read defenses and not lock in for INTs. In the end it's Lucy's fault. Wiff!🏈🧙‍♀️

8. Who leads the Browns in reception yards? How many yards?

Zombo: OBJ, 1305

jcam222: OBJ, 1100

Ibleedbrown: Higgins, 822

Mudfly: OBJ, 1307

Bob806: OBJ, 1116

PoeticG: OBJ, 2000

TexasAg1969: OBJ, 1200

Sdbacker80: OBJ, 1100

Gipper: OBJ, 1188

Coyote: OBJ, 1252

DBone: OBJ, 1160

mjp28: OBJ, 1601

Tour2ma: OBJ, 1249

Nero: OBJ, 1200

Flugel: OBJ, 1275

gumby: OBJ, 1294

DutchOven: OBJ, 975

Answer: Jarvis Landry has a breakout season, leading the Browns with 1174 receiving yards, averaging 14.1 yards per catch. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: With OBJ on the roster, we figured he'd push Landry into the #2 role, and easily lead the team in receiving yards. Instead, Landry had his best yards per reception season of his career, and beat out OBJ by 139 yards. To be fair, OBJ did nurse a season-long nagging core injury, and the fact that he often ran routes that didn't exist in the playbook didn't help his cause. No one predicted a Landry win, so no winner for this question. I reward everyone no points, and may God have mercy on all your souls. 

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... While everyone but one person named OBJ, it seems obvious to give this award to Ibleedbrown, since Higgins had all of 55 yards receiving last season, slightly below his prediction of 822. But strangely enough, there was a prediction that was farther off - PoeticG's OBJ prediction of 2000 yards receiving was an astounding 965 yards off the mark! Go big or go home, indeed. 

9. Who leads the Browns in receiving touchdowns? How many?

Zombo: OBJ, 12

jcam222: OBJ, 12

Ibleedbrown: Landry, 8

Mudfly: Njoku, 8

Bob806: OBJ, 9

PoeticG: OBJ, 23

TexasAg1969: Landry, 15

Sdbacker80: Njoku, 10

Gipper: OBJ, 18

Coyote: OBJ, 14

DBone: OBJ, 13

mjp28: Njoku, 11

Tour2ma: Njoku, 12

Nero: OBJ, 8

Flugel: OBJ, 11

gumby: OBJ, 14

DutchOven: OBJ, 9

Answer: Jarvis Landry led the Browns with 6 touchdowns receptions in 2019. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: The beat goes on with us being ridiculously optimistic. Beckham Jr. was only able to get into the endzone 4 times, the same amount of times Rickey Seals-Jones, a guy who could come up to you and smack you in the face and you wouldn't be able to tell anyone who just did it. David Njoku was a somewhat popular pick here too, but like Rashard Higgins he got hurt early, then shared the doghouse with Higgins for the rest of the season, finishing the season with 5 receptions, 41 yards and 1 touchdown. Ibleedbrown wins. 

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... It seems like a no-brainer that the most optimistic Njoku prediction would walk away with this noble award, but once again, PoeticG goes full-on PoG and predicts OBJ to score almost six times as many touchdowns as he did. Well played. 

Man, I was so surprised by Poetic's bet (23 TD! That's 1,5 per game) that I had to check it. 

The receiver who scored most touchdowns in a season was Randy Moss in 2007, WITH 23, being only Jerry Rice the other player ever surpassing the 20 TD mark. 

I guess that when you bet for an all time best you are probably gonna end up as a 'Big Dummy'. 

EDIT: Cooper Kupp had the most TD this year and he scored 10. Michael Thomas, with 1700 yards, 9.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... It seems like a no-brainer that the most optimistic Njoku prediction would walk away with this noble award, but once again, PoeticG goes full-on PoG and predicts OBJ to score almost six times as many touchdowns as he did. Well played. 

Saved my ass...

Thanks, Po...  I owe ya one.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Saved my ass...

Thanks, Po...  I owe ya one.

The list isn't long but it is distinguished.   :lol: