THE BROWNS BOARD

Interesting game

Gunz41

With the recent talk on here about the we should have drafted X instead of Y, we shouldn't have gotten rid of X, this player would be great in Cleveland, or the we should trade him for him, got me thinking. Because of the different answers people would give. And before someone says no use in this, etc. Obviously it's all fantasy since 99% is impossible.

But here is the "rules". If you could trade one player for one player and make your Starting 22, what would you do? You can't trade a player more than once, and you cant trade for more than 1 player per team (example SF, can't have Bosa and Kittle). And if you would keep just say Garrett, then he counts as one of your 2 DE. The 22 you have must be able to compete on a field (i.e. cant have 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE, and a QB.) The trade doesn't have to make sense for both teams, salary cap doesn't matter, but you can't change a players position to fit either.

OK,  not sure I follow,  are you saying we can only make one trade, or 22 trades ?

I will give it a try:

I would trade our RT (Hubbard)   to have The Schwartz back....RT  KC

I will trade Olivier Vernon for Nick Bosa...DE  SFO

I will trade Damian Ratley for Michael Thomas....WR....NO

I will trade Donte Hilliard for Christian McCaffrey.....Flex....Caro

I will trade Adarius Taylor for TJ Watt....OLB....Pitt.

I will trade our RG (??Lamm?Teller)  for Zach Martin.....RG Dallas

I will trade Eli Ankou for Aaron Donald......DT  LA Rams

So far so good.   I am sure I would trade our safeties, but for who? not sure.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

OK,  not sure I follow,  are you saying we can only make one trade, or 22 trades ?

I will give it a try:

I would trade our RT (Hubbard)   to have The Schwartz back....RT  KC

I will trade Olivier Vernon for Nick Bosa...DE  SFO

I will trade Damian Ratley for Michael Thomas....WR....NO

I will trade Donte Hilliard for Christian McCaffrey.....Flex....Caro

I will trade Adarius Taylor for TJ Watt....OLB....Pitt.

I will trade our RG (??Lamm?Teller)  for Zach Martin.....RG Dallas

I will trade Eli Ankou for Aaron Donald......DT  LA Rams

So far so good.   I am sure I would trade our safeties, but for who? not sure.

You can make 22 trades, but you are trading starter for starter, and position for position. So your CM trade is invalid as there is no flex position on the team.

Here is just a start

QB: Pat Mahomes (Baker) No more KC

WR: Michael Thomas (OBJ) No more NO

WR: Julio Jones (Landry) No more ATL

TE: Kittle (Njoku) No more SF (which means I couldn't take N. Bosa) etc.

4 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

You can make 22 trades, but you are trading starter for starter, and position for position. So your CM trade is invalid as there is no flex position on the team.

Here is just a start

QB: Pat Mahomes (Baker) No more KC

WR: Michael Thomas (OBJ) No more NO

WR: Julio Jones (Landry) No more ATL

TE: Kittle (Njoku) No more SF (which means I couldn't take N. Bosa) etc.

A.  I don't think you stated that you had to trade starter for starter. You left me a loophole so I drove through it.  I understand if you want to close it. 

B. The Associated Press in identifying its All Pro team in facts names a person at the "Flex" position....If they recognize that as a position, why shouldn't we?     I mean, position names change over the years.   Whoever refers to players as Spit Ends any more.  Or Flankers.  Or even Halfbacks. So if that terminology can go by the wayside, then new terminology, like "Flex"  can come in .  So, I think that Hilliard is sort of our version of the Flex...or perhaps Hunt.   For a while the so called "H-back"  which seemed to be a hybrid between a TE and a fullback was all the rage.  I don't think we hear about it now.   The fullback itself is slowly being eliminated it seems. 

C. You went for skill positions....I tried to hit more  in the trenches.  I was also really trying to make trades for our area of need.

D.  So as to try to comply with your starter for starter rule, I will go with this:

Ogunjobi for Aaron Donald. 

But, I will stick with the Taylor for Watt trade....because Adarius Taylor IS listed as one of the Browns starting OLBs.   But, I will have to revise  or eliminate  the  Ratley for Thomas trade. 

46 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

A.  I don't think you stated that you had to trade starter for starter. You left me a loophole so I drove through it.  I understand if you want to close it. 

B. The Associated Press in identifying its All Pro team in facts names a person at the "Flex" position....If they recognize that as a position, why shouldn't we?     I mean, position names change over the years.   Whoever refers to players as Spit Ends any more.  Or Flankers.  Or even Halfbacks. So if that terminology can go by the wayside, then new terminology, like "Flex"  can come in .  So, I think that Hilliard is sort of our version of the Flex...or perhaps Hunt.   For a while the so called "H-back"  which seemed to be a hybrid between a TE and a fullback was all the rage.  I don't think we hear about it now.   The fullback itself is slowly being eliminated it seems. 

C. You went for skill positions....I tried to hit more  in the trenches.  I was also really trying to make trades for our area of need.

D.  So as to try to comply with your starter for starter rule, I will go with this:

Ogunjobi for Aaron Donald. 

But, I will stick with the Taylor for Watt trade....because Adarius Taylor IS listed as one of the Browns starting OLBs.   But, I will have to revise  or eliminate  the  Ratley for Thomas trade. 

I didn't put a full team, just a few examples to show how the "rules" applied. 

And while I know you aren't much for the Xs and Os, you sure know there isnt a Flex player on a team. For a simple answer, tell me which player has been declared a Flex player when going into FA/new contract? Since TE try to be classified as a WR for money, wouldn't a hybrid RB want to be classified as a Flex player to get more?

But by all means use whatever rules you want to. I don't really care. I just thought it might be interesting to see how other posters would prioritize guys from teams with multiple stars.

And as this great historian of the game, I am sure you know the origin of all of these positions names correct?

2 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

I didn't put a full team, just a few examples to show how the "rules" applied. 

And while I know you aren't much for the Xs and Os, you sure know there isnt a Flex player on a team. For a simple answer, tell me which player has been declared a Flex player when going into FA/new contract? Since TE try to be classified as a WR for money, wouldn't a hybrid RB want to be classified as a Flex player to get more?

But by all means use whatever rules you want to. I don't really care. I just thought it might be interesting to see how other posters would prioritize guys from teams with multiple stars.

And as this great historian of the game, I am sure you know the origin of all of these positions names correct?

Origins of the names?  A split end is because he splits out to the end of the line.   A Flanker because he plays on the flanks.  Fullback, halfback, quarterback....just taking the whole and dividing it.   Though, to my knowledge there was never anything called a  threefourths back. 

14 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Origins of the names?  A split end is because he splits out to the end of the line.   A Flanker because he plays on the flanks.  Fullback, halfback, quarterback....just taking the whole and dividing it.   Though, to my knowledge there was never anything called a  threefourths back. 

Lol, I guess technically you could gain credit, but that answer wouldn't get you an A on a test. You would get Partial credit I guess. Just saying dividing it offers no real reason why. And you left out quite a few positions. So I have no Choice but to give you a D-. You may retake the test student to improve your grade

On 1/21/2020 at 8:29 AM, Gunz41 said:

With the recent talk on here about the we should have drafted X instead of Y, we shouldn't have gotten rid of X, this player would be great in Cleveland, or the we should trade him for him, got me thinking. Because of the different answers people would give. And before someone says no use in this, etc. Obviously it's all fantasy since 99% is impossible.

But here is the "rules". If you could trade one player for one player and make your Starting 22, what would you do? You can't trade a player more than once, and you cant trade for more than 1 player per team (example SF, can't have Bosa and Kittle). And if you would keep just say Garrett, then he counts as one of your 2 DE. The 22 you have must be able to compete on a field (i.e. cant have 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE, and a QB.) The trade doesn't have to make sense for both teams, salary cap doesn't matter, but you can't change a players position to fit either.

RT Ramczyk (NO) for Hubbard.  Hubbard weakest link IMO.  Ramczyk great run blocker would do well with our new Two back run oriented offense (hopefully). Almost pulled trigger on Micheal Thomas for OBJ.

S Jamal Adams (Jets) for one of our Safeties.  Need a playmaking backend player in this defense badly.  Fits the mold.

DE Chase Young (Future WA) for Vernon.  Better than than the Bosas.

TE.  Kittle (SF)for Njoku  love this guys run blocking ability and he’s money turning 5 yard catch into a 10 yarder.

G. Quinton Nelson (Colts) for Teller.  Sticking with Nasty run blockers.

Ill add a few more later